• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

 
  1. Normally a fry up would be top marks. But Anne did homemade Thai chicken noodle soup with homemade apple crumble (with cream). Yum!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2011
    Mmmmm! that sounds great lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2011 edited
    Lindt dark chocolate with orange and a cup of Twinnings English tea, a wonderful combination lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Yummy!

    And I've got some Lindt Lindor chocolates cooling in the fridge at the moment to have with a cup of tea later. As you say, lick
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2011
    I just had a wicked attack of mid-night munchies, not much food in at the moment but I had some granary bread with British Double Gloucester Cheese with sliced tomatoes, unbelievably delicious! lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2011 edited
    lick That sounds delicious. What would you compare granary bread to? I don't believe I've had it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2011
    Cheese + Tomato = Yum
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2011
    omaha wrote
    lick That sounds delicious. What would you compare granary bread to? I don't believe I've had it.


    It's a malted wheat bread, sometimes coated in sesame/poppy seeds on the crust....that's about the best I can describe, I nearly always buy it from local bakers rather than supermarket sold brands, it's very healthy but made tastier and less healthy with a generous spread of butter devil

    Does America have any good cheese? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2011
    LSH wrote
    Cheese + Tomato = Yum


    Whoever originally combined these two was a genius...FACT! biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2011
    Timmer wrote
    omaha wrote
    lick That sounds delicious. What would you compare granary bread to? I don't believe I've had it.


    It's a malted wheat bread, sometimes coated in sesame/poppy seeds on the crust....that's about the best I can describe, I nearly always buy it from local bakers rather than supermarket sold brands, it's very healthy but made tastier and less healthy with a generous spread of butter devil

    Does America have any good cheese? wink


    That sounds great!

    And no. sad Not natively. What we have we steal from everyone else. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2011
    Keep stealing. biggrin wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2011 edited
    Timmer wrote
    LSH wrote
    Cheese + Tomato = Yum


    Whoever originally combined these two was a genius...FACT! biggrin


    Melted cheese and bread too, which is like the greatest combo ever! I believe it was the Chinese who started it, later adopted by the Italians and their pizzas.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2011
    Timmer wrote
    LSH wrote
    Cheese + Tomato = Yum


    Whoever originally combined these two was a genius...FACT! biggrin


    My favourite is slices of french bread topped with cheese and sliced tomato and spring onion put under the grill.

    lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2011
    Trying out COD today, which is a normal Norwegian fish dish, but which I haven't had for a long, long time. Grilling it in the oven with vegetables, but I have no idea how that is gonna turn out. You usually boil it.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2011
    We in Britain deep fry it in batter punk lick cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2011
    Mushy peas FTW!!! dizzy lick wave cool cool punk punk punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2011
    I'm cooking a bit of a mixture, roasted veggies, corn-on-the-cob, courgettes, yellow pepper, mushrooms and red onions with Moroccan seasoning.

    Roast chicken which I make a mixture using proscuito ham, pepper, garlic, lemon zest, fresh thyme all cut, torn and squashed into about 50 grams of butter and then shoved under the skin of the chicken.

    and finally, smooth buttery mash potatoes lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Sounds nice, Tim.

    Here it looks like smoked mackerel, tomatoes and a green salad with some crusty brown bread.

    Something hot might have been in order as it is quite cold at the moment.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Sounds nice, Tim.

    Here it looks like smoked mackerel, tomatoes and a green salad with some crusty brown bread.

    Something hot might have been in order as it is quite cold at the moment.


    Yeah, the weather has turned here too. What you're eating is very similar to what Mel prepared yesterday. Do you have some horseradish with your mackerel?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. No. No horseradish. Just plain.

    It was nice but I wish I'd had what you had.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    No. No horseradish. Just plain.

    It was nice but I wish I'd had what you had.


    You'd have been welcome here, it's never quite as tasty as when you have someone else to share it, I'm by myself until tomorrow afternoon as Mel is staying with a friend of ours tonight who's in the process of moving house.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2011
    Timmer wrote
    I'm cooking a bit of a mixture, roasted veggies, corn-on-the-cob, courgettes, yellow pepper, mushrooms and red onions with Moroccan seasoning.

    Roast chicken which I make a mixture using proscuito ham, pepper, garlic, lemon zest, fresh thyme all cut, torn and squashed into about 50 grams of butter and then shoved under the skin of the chicken.

    and finally, smooth buttery mash potatoes lick


    You and your health diet, Tim! wink

    Seriously, though, sounds very good. Lots of ingredients.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2011
    I'm taking my mum out for lunch at a Thai restaurant in a little while.

    Looking forward to washing the food down with a few bottles of Singha...

    lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2011
    LSH wrote
    I'm taking my mum out for lunch at a Thai restaurant in a little while.

    Looking forward to washing the food down with a few bottles of Singha...

    lick


    SINGHA!!! Greatest beer ever (next to the Belgian ones, of course).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2011
    I've gone mad on Asian beers. Singha, Tiger, Tsingtao, Kingfisher and Beerlao, which I tried in Australia but can't find in the UK.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2011
    LSH wrote
    I've gone mad on Asian beers. Singha, Tiger, Tsingtao, Kingfisher and Beerlao, which I tried in Australia but can't find in the UK.


    No Chang? That's the other big one in Thailand.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2011
    Not tried that one...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2011
    It's more bitter than Singha. Personally, I like the sweeter types of beer.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2011
    Thor wrote
    LSH wrote
    I'm taking my mum out for lunch at a Thai restaurant in a little while.

    Looking forward to washing the food down with a few bottles of Singha...

    lick


    SINGHA!!! Greatest beer ever (next to the Belgian ones, of course).


    Singha was the one I mostly went for in Thailand, plus horrible Mekong Whisky which had to be diluted in coke to make it drinkable.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2011
    LSH wrote
    I'm taking my mum out for lunch at a Thai restaurant in a little while.

    Looking forward to washing the food down with a few bottles of Singha...

    lick


    Thai food is one of my very favourites, we have two exceptionally good Thai restaurants here in Bristol. Despite spending nearly 4 months in Thailand the best Thai restaurant I ever went to was on the Island of Mauritius.....I wish I was there right now!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt