• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

 
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2010
    CHEESE QUAVERS

    They do mega sized packets for 99p in my local corner shop and I can't open a packet without finishing them! lick crazy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2010
    Shit, I haven't had those in years! shocked
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2010
    Buy a bag, I gaurantee you can't stop munching them mothers.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Cheesy Wotsits does that to me. Once I start...

    It's one of those food items that I try and stuff as many in as possible.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2010
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Cheesy Wotsits does that to me. Once I start...

    It's one of those food items that I try and stuff as many in as possible.


    Yeah, those are just as bad as Quavers.

    I recently discovered Tesco's own brand Cheese Balls, they come in big packets and are very similar to wotsits.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2010
    I would like to know what everyone here will be eating for Christmas dinner?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. But Wotsits are a whole bunch more messy.

    One thing I miss is Scampi Fries. Not seen those for years.

    (For some reason I got confused between Scampi Fries and Fisherman's Friends! I don't miss those though.)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2010
    Fisherman's Friends? Boy, those were never friends of mine, I could never see ( taste ) the appeal.

    From what I've seen, Scampi Fries are still available in most pubs along with their cheese equivalent which I also like.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2010
    Timmer wrote
    I would like to know what everyone here will be eating for Christmas dinner?


    Anyone?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2010
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    I would like to know what everyone here will be eating for Christmas dinner?


    Anyone?


    I'll probably be out of the country, so it'll very much depend on what tropical delights the local establishment is able to lavish on me. lick
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2010
    That's fantastic Martijn, where are you off to?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2010
    For Christmas I'll be at the Canaries (for some much needed R&R), then on to Malaysia (...I hope and pray...this damn project and all its delays is doing my head in!), then on to Frankfurt. The latter two are for work obviously, but I'll try and enjoy what I can nonetheless.
    cuba
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2010
    Ah yes, I remember you saying you had duties in Malaysia.

    The Canaries should be just about perfect at this time of year, which Island(s) are you going to?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2010
    I've spent two Christmas's in my life abroad, once was in THAILAND, on Koh Phangan Island where we ate a feast of Crabs, various fish and salads for X-mas dinner

    The other time was on my third trip to NEPAL, we were in Pokhara which is Nepal's second city, the tourist bars were offering X-mas dinner of Turkey, stuffing and all the trimmings, I thought 'no way!' and some friends and I headed for a posh Nepalese restaurant where we had a gorgeous slap up feed of shared spicy dishes lick We did the right thing, not one westerner we talked to had anything good to say about Nepalese "turkey dinners" wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2010
    Right now I'm sucking a mouth full of Polo's, not the minty one's but the fruit flavoured one's, haven't come across these for years, or maybe I just didn't look?

    Either way.........Mmmmmmmmmmmm lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2010
    I quit making 'boiled potatoes' Dutch style, you know, just potatoes, with vegetables and a piece of meat. I was so tired of it! The kids don't like it very much and neither do I, so I wondered, why am I still doing this a couple of times a week??

    So now it's just fried potatoes once a week. And in this winter time the hotchpotch, with kail (?) or sauerkraut (?). No more boring potatoes!!

    And the rest of the week: pasta, pasta, pasta! lick
    I'm experimenting with all different ways to cook pasta. Makes dinner much more fun. (remember I realy don't enjoy cooking very much... so I'm making the best of it!) The next step is to learn how to make the sauce myself, all fresh ingredients.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2010 edited
    Do you not make potatoes into mash? Chop up potatoes into very small chunks and boil until a fork sticks in with no resistance, drain water, salt & pepper and a knob of butter or cream and mash until there's no lumps whatsoever. I'd recommend serving with fish ( breadcrumbed? Baked? Grilled? etc ) and broccoli and peas. ( I find putting a tin of sweetcorn with the peas make them tastier )

    There's just sooooo many interesting and tasty ways to get the most out of potatoes.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2011
    Homemade pizza and beer today....nothing quite like it.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2011
    I find pizza and beer are very similar to it Thor.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2011 edited
    Can't remember who mentioned them previously in this thread (Tim?) but I've just had my first pack of Quavers in at least 10 years. No lie.

    EDIT: Yes it was Tim - at the top of this page.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2011
    LSH wrote
    Can't remember who mentioned them previously in this thread (Tim?) but I've just had my first pack of Quavers in at least 10 years. No lie.


    It was me! Delicious and more'ish lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. If you could have any food now what would you have?

    At the moment it's a pudding: bread and butter pudding I had once at a restaurant at the Barbican before a concert of Herrmann's music. A great night that was.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2011
    pizzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaa goddamned it, the greatest invention by humans, ever in their history so far.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2011
    Christodoulides wrote
    pizzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaa goddamned it, the greatest invention by humans, ever in their history so far.


    When I have a taste for it it's hard to argue with your statement. lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2011
    Today is pretty much a repeat of yesterday:

    http://www.celluloidtunes.net/non-website/pizzabeer.jpg
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2011
    Thor wrote
    Today is pretty much a repeat of yesterday:

    http://www.celluloidtunes.net/non-website/pizzabeer.jpg


    I would have put lick except I've just eaten shame <--full
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2011
    I cooked an excellent chicken soup today! Yesterday it was pork with leaks, celery, garlic and egg and lemon sauce! Delicious!!! lick
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2011 edited
    Don't you just love the good old days?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2011
    Christodoulides wrote
    Don't you just love the good old days?


    biggrin
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2011
    I had a fry-up this afternoon, beans, mushrooms, bacon and egg....the egg was a double-yolker, hasn't happened for me for a long time cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt