• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

 
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2010
    oops, I lied! I rub plenty of salt into either roast pork or roast duck but neither of these delicious choices is something I indulge in too often.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2010
    Surely you require salty foods after a heavy night? The only thing that heals my hangover is a McDonalds.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2010
    Sure, but that just comes with the territory, I'm talking about when I cook at home which is about 90% of the time.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2010
    I'm pretty sure you're drunk 90% of the time? silly
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2010
    No, that's 99% of the time. dizzy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2010
    Tom will hate you know.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Steven wrote
    Surely you require salty foods after a heavy night? The only thing that heals my hangover is a McDonalds.

    I need very little of an excuse for a McDonalds. For years the children were a good excuse. They very rarely refuse a Happy Meal. shame

    I need to go...I think Social Services are at the door.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2010
    I gave up on excuses about a year ago! Also, in my uni house, we live over the road to a pub which is also a chinese takeaway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2010
    You're like a real life Big Bang Theory. Only not as smart wink tongue
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2010
    Steven wrote
    I gave up on excuses about a year ago! Also, in my uni house, we live over the road to a pub which is also a chinese takeaway.


    Your pub is also a Chinese takeaway? uhm
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2010
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2010
    Steven wrote
    Yep.


    Phew! I imagined a pub purched on top of a sign saying Yangs Fish Bar or summut!? wink

    Do they do good fish n'chips? lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2010
    Not really, no. But they do make good battered squid! (The food is wonderfully shitty, which is perfect for hangovers.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2010
    Timmer wrote
    I rarely put salt on anything, just chips or roast potatoes and absolutely nothing else.


    I put salt on everything. I'm a complete salt junkie.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2010 edited
    Fit only for hangovers eh? biggrin


    Kebabs used to be my thing after a drunken night out but there's not a single good kebab takeaway near any of the watering holes I sup at, we used to have a brilliant one up until 5 years ago, it was Turkish run and was so good ( get this ) it still tasted brilliant if you bought one STONE. COLD. SOBER. shocked lick, unfortunately the guy who ran it retired and the rest of his family have run it into the ground, it's shit now.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2010 edited
    I made some carrot and coriander soup today from scratch and I'm just serving it now with warm crusty bread.... cool lick
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2010
    I can't stand it but then I've only tried the Covent Garden version you get in supermarkets.....I'm sure yours would change my mind wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2010 edited
    It's delicious! I'm a sucker for coriander, and carrots were the only vegetable we had an abundance of in the house (for some reason). Just finishing my second bowl.

    lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2010
    Sounds really nice! lick

    I love soup, but I hardly make my own soup, which is a shame, because I'd love carrot soup or courgette soup and those are easy to make, I know that.

    I don't enjoy being in the kitchen at all, but thinking about soup makes me want to try some new things. Besides, it's a good way to get some vegetables into the children as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2010
    I love cooking, but soup has never been a favourite of mine (to eat).
    Coriander is absolutely phenomenal on anything Asian (especially Thai food): it really brings out all the different flavours!

    ...as part of soup in combination with carrot I'm slightly less enthusiastic at first glance... dizzy
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2010 edited
    Martijn wrote
    ...as part of soup in combination with carrot I'm slightly less enthusiastic at first glance... dizzy


    Don't knock it until you've tried it! I made a huge batch of it that day, went to work, came back and it was all gone!

    I like making soup, it's quite easy as far as culinary skills are required, but you can be so damn inventive!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2010
    Oh, I'm not knocking it.
    I'm just very apprehensive and most distrustful. wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2010
    Damn, i so want a hamburger right now.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2010
    I'm going to cook some sticky BBQ ribs this evening lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. I'm hoping it's going to be nachos and fajitas. lick
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2010
    Good choice, I haven't made Mexican food for a long time.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. And I've just had a call from Rachel saying she's staying out for her tea. If that's the case then it's more for the rest of us. Yippee!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2010
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I'm hoping it's going to be nachos and fajitas. lick


    Together with BBQ ribs?
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Thor wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I'm hoping it's going to be nachos and fajitas. lick


    Together with BBQ ribs?

    That depends...Tim when are you planning to have the ribs? I could be there in an optimistic 3 hours and be with you at around 7 pm if I leave now! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2010
    What!? And share my ribs??? uhm

    there'll be nought but clean bones by 6.30 let alone 7.00. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt