• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

 
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2010
    That's the dream right there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2010
    Stavroula wrote
    Can you tell me why I'm under the impression that you don't eat properly for the past few days? Honey you need a woman to feed you! rolleyes


    biggrin

    Honestly, Stavi, it's all fine. I've just been too busy to get some proper food in over the weekend.
    In fact I hosted a delicious Chinese fondue for some friends on Friday. lick

    That's not to say I'm objecting to your conclusion, though. In fact, I stronly encourage and welcome the notion!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2010
    Chinese fondue looks good!? lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2010
    Oh, it IS!
    And it's a very sociable event as well.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2010
    I'm guessing you need all the bits n' bobs ( utensils ) that go with it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2010
    Well, yeah.
    The thing is that it's really a piping hot little stove with a bowl of (very!) spicy soup, and you throw in bits meats and/or fish and veggies and whatever you like, let it stew a bit and fish it right out with those little "nets". (Great with some oriental sauces and garnish...or even more oecumenic garnish: radishes, pieces of pear, kiwi. lick ).

    Takes a bit of preparation, but great fun.

    Incidentally, those Chinese fondue sets are dead cheap...provided you buy them in Chinatown. NOT in some designer kitchen art shop!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2010
    I'll look into it, we have a large Chinese community here and I even have a friend ( well, more of a pub acquaintance wink ) who's Chinese and works in his family restaurant, the perfect man to ask methinks.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2010
    I remember when I was young my mom discovered Chinese fondue at some point and we did that quite a few times. It was good! And it's healthy, because the food is boiled and not fried.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2010
    Bregje wrote
    And it's healthy, because the food is boiled and not fried.


    I forgot to mention that, but it's VERY true.

    By coincidence I had an opportunity to have a "classic" fondue some weeks ago, and I was amazed at how fat it was (and how awfully my clothes -and anything else!- smelled of oil). Basically you're just deep-frying anything you put in... Used to love this as a kid.

    Now, I stick to the Chinese variant, or the Swiss one! (Cheese fondue can be sooooo good as well! love )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2010
    Extremely lazy day, and I started with a late breakfast of thinly sliced smoked salmon with ground pepper, slices of brie, a leafy salad in mango & chilli dressing, sliced advocado and two rounds of thinly sliced granary toast....yum! lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2010 edited
    I'm cooking pork belly complete with crackling ( which is cooking perfectly as I write ).....I can feel my arteries harden already. biggrin lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2010
    I have very little in the house at the moment in terms of food and I hate you just a little bit right now.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2010
    Beans on toast even? I'm not being sarcastic, I LOVE beans on toast ( with sprinkling of grated cheese ) lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2010
    Timmer wrote
    Extremely lazy day, and I started with a late breakfast of thinly sliced smoked salmon with ground pepper, slices of brie, a leafy salad in mango & chilli dressing, sliced advocado and two rounds of thinly sliced granary toast....yum! lick


    Ahhhh, can I recommend my favourite 'pick-me-up' start of the day?
    Toast with smoked salmon, kapers, a bit of fresh dill and horseradish.
    Oh, and a bit of bubbly on the side if you're feeling giddy. dizzy
    lick
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2010
    Ahhhhh, done that one before, a great combination. beer

    minus the bubbly....I don't like the stuff.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2010 edited
    Me neither. It's fizzy piss! (Which is, like, the worst kind of piss.)

    Recently I've become an ale man myself. I still like the odd lager for its refreshingness yes it's a word, but I tend to prefer the taste of an ale, especially a Fuller's ESB (or ESPN as I prefer to call it). lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2010
    Steven wrote
    Me neither. It's fizzy piss! (Which is, like, the worst kind of piss.)
    Recently I've become an ale man myself.


    Ah. You prefer horse piss!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2010
    Steven wrote
    Me neither. It's fizzy piss! (Which is, like, the worst kind of piss.)

    Recently I've become an ale man myself. I still like the odd lager for its refreshingness yes it's a word, but I tend to prefer the taste of an ale, especially a Fuller's ESB (or ESPN as I prefer to call it). lick


    A proper MAN drink! The kind of stuff I'd like to drink out of a metal ringed wooden keg beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2010
    That's it. Now I just have to get one! beer
  1. Timmer wrote
    ...a great combination.

    At the complete opposite end of the spectrum, I've not tasted this but it sounds like an abomination:

    Haggis-flavoured chocolate
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2010
    Cripes! shocked How long before it's deep fried? spin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Timmer wrote
    Cripes! shocked How long before it's deep fried? spin

    smile

    Just to buck the stereotype: Anne and I received a deep fat fryer as a wedding gift back in 1992. We recently got rid of it - and, this is the bit you may find hard to believe, it had never been used! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2010
    I only deep fry on the rare occasions I make fish n' chips and for that I use a wok.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2010
    I'm off deep-frying entirely: it stinks up the house no end!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2010
    Tonight I spoil myself!

    Peppercorn crusted, crushed garlic Angus steaks, with BBQ roasted potatoes, corn on the cob, sauteed button mushrooms and Trappist beer (Chimay Red and Westmalle Dubbel.) Awwwwwwwwwwwwww, Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!

    -Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2010 edited
    Cheers Erik slant

    I'm starving, nothing in the fridge and that sounds excellent. ( beyond delicious in fact sad )
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2010
    I just finished making a French onion soup. Really don't know why. I'm alone in the house and very very bored with the fact that no one is out tonight.

    Incredibly tasty soup though. lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2010
    What an excellent way to spend a lonely evening!
    Onion soup for the win!
    lick
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2010
    Spotted the Gruyère cheese in the fridge and couldn't resist.

    Few glasses of white wine too. Bit of music. Perfect.

    cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2010
    aaannnddd I've just located the brandy. beer