Categories
Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.
food food food.........
-
- CommentAuthorTimmer
- CommentTimeDec 5th 2009
^
Considering that all I've eaten today is a sandwich that description has seriously got my taste buds going
On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt -
- CommentAuthorThor
- CommentTimeDec 15th 2009
Was supposed to have my classical everyday dish today - pasta with tuna, broccoli and carrots. However, I realized I had no more pasta, so I used rice instead. Didn't taste quite as good, but a decent alternative. Who would have thought?I am extremely serious. -
- CommentAuthorTimmer
- CommentTimeDec 25th 2009 edited
I'm hungry....food.....foooooood! Mmmmmmmm! Fooooooooooood!
On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt -
- CommentAuthorLSH
- CommentTimeDec 25th 2009
Yesterday, I prepared a beautiful stock for the gravy and I'm just about to mix it with the turkey juices. Smells absolutely gorgeous. This is the first time I've been responsible for the Christmas dinner and so far it's going very well.
-
- CommentAuthorTimmer
- CommentTimeDec 25th 2009
I'm interested in how you did your stock Lee?On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt -
- CommentAuthorErik Woods
- CommentTimeDec 25th 2009
Last night, my sister made the best soup I've ever had. It was a chestnut french onion soup! To friggin' die for!
-Erik-host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS! -
- CommentAuthorLSH
- CommentTimeDec 25th 2009
Timmer wrote
I'm interested in how you did your stock Lee?
Threw a load of chopped carrots, celery, onion, smoked bacon, several chicken wings, bay leaves, sage, rosemary and a few anise stars in to a huge roasting tin, baked it for an hour before mashing it up and adding water and a little flour before passing it through a sieve. I made and froze it a few days ago based on a recipe I saw my cousin use when I was in Australia this time last year. And I'll tell you, it has certainly impressed this year's crowd - some even calling it the best turkey gravy they've ever tasted.
-
- CommentAuthorBhelPuri
- CommentTimeDec 25th 2009
LSH wrote
Threw a load of chopped carrots, celery, onion, smoked bacon, several chicken wings, bay leaves, sage, rosemary and a few anise stars in to a huge roasting tin, baked it for an hour before mashing it up and adding water and a little flour before passing it through a sieve. I made and froze it a few days ago based on a recipe I saw my cousin use when I was in Australia this time last year. And I'll tell you, it has certainly impressed this year's crowd - some even calling it the best turkey gravy they've ever tasted.

Sounds awesome!
Here I'm craving for some Thai food but I guess the restaurants are closed. -
- CommentAuthorLSH
- CommentTimeDec 25th 2009
Everyone loved the dinner and I really can't remember the last time I personally enjoyed a Christmas dinner as much, even if I say so myself. I seriously deserve a pat on the back. My first attempt as well.
Anyway, time to open (another) bottle of wine. I hope everyone here is enjoying themselves! I'm having a great time.
-
- CommentAuthorTimmer
- CommentTimeDec 26th 2009
LSH wrote
Timmer wrote
I'm interested in how you did your stock Lee?
Threw a load of chopped carrots, celery, onion, smoked bacon, several chicken wings, bay leaves, sage, rosemary and a few anise stars in to a huge roasting tin, baked it for an hour before mashing it up and adding water and a little flour before passing it through a sieve. I made and froze it a few days ago based on a recipe I saw my cousin use when I was in Australia this time last year. And I'll tell you, it has certainly impressed this year's crowd - some even calling it the best turkey gravy they've ever tasted.

Sounds great, I'll have to try it out.
On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt -
- CommentAuthorTimmer
- CommentTimeDec 26th 2009
I finished the night by eating a mass variety of cheeses, and loads of it plus crackers and apple slicesOn Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt -
- CommentAuthorSunil
- CommentTimeDec 26th 2009
In the morning, i had wonderful Idly, Vadai, Chutney, Sambar.
Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere. -
- CommentAuthorDemetris
- CommentTimeDec 26th 2009
Timmer wrote
I finished the night by eating a mass variety of cheeses, and loads of it plus crackers and apple slices
With good ol' red wine? Love that combi!Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders. -
- CommentAuthorTimmer
- CommentTimeDec 26th 2009 edited
Christodoulides wrote
Timmer wrote
I finished the night by eating a mass variety of cheeses, and loads of it plus crackers and apple slices
With good ol' red wine? Love that combi!
Port actually
On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt -
- CommentAuthorThor
- CommentTimeDec 26th 2009
Timmer wrote
Christodoulides wrote
Timmer wrote
I finished the night by eating a mass variety of cheeses, and loads of it plus crackers and apple slices
With good ol' red wine? Love that combi!
Port actually

A single glass of port is good with desert, but after that, I just get naseous.I am extremely serious. -
- CommentAuthorTimmer
- CommentTimeDec 26th 2009
Nauseous even!?
I adore Port with good strong cheese, red wine too.
On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt -
- CommentAuthorSteven
- CommentTimeDec 26th 2009
Port and red wine!? How's the liver? *He says as he sits there still suffering a bit from last night's drinking* -
- CommentAuthorTimmer
- CommentTimeDec 26th 2009
From a blood test I had last year....100%
I do tend to drink either one or the other, not both together.
Big family booze up last night Steven?On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt -
- CommentAuthorSteven
- CommentTimeDec 26th 2009
Family induced booze up more like. (Various aunts and uncles and distant relatives that I only see on Christmas day, plus a few annoying little children. Thankfully it wasn't at my house!) -
- CommentAuthorTimmer
- CommentTimeDec 26th 2009
Yes, I can see exactly why you were driven to drink!
On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt -
- CommentAuthorThor
- CommentTimeDec 26th 2009
Steven wrote
Family induced booze up more like. (Various aunts and uncles and distant relatives that I only see on Christmas day, plus a few annoying little children. Thankfully it wasn't at my house!)
I know what you mean. I've often used these big family gatherings as a "vorspiel" for going out later; i.e. already starting my boozing at that point.I am extremely serious. -
- CommentAuthorDemetris
- CommentTimeDec 27th 2009
Thor wrote
Steven wrote
Family induced booze up more like. (Various aunts and uncles and distant relatives that I only see on Christmas day, plus a few annoying little children. Thankfully it wasn't at my house!)
I know what you mean. I've often used these big family gatherings as a "vorspiel" for going out later; i.e. already starting my boozing at that point.
They bore the shit out of me too, and they're an annual tradition here in Greece and Cyprus, but you're right, drinking up and eating up all the free food and booze is the best way to fight these things!Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders. -
- CommentAuthorBregje
- CommentTimeDec 28th 2009
Thor wrote
A single glass of port is good with desert, but after that, I just get naseous.
I drink port as apéritif. And then I move on to wine with dinner. -
- CommentAuthorTimmer
- CommentTimeDec 28th 2009
Christodoulides wrote
Thor wrote
Steven wrote
Family induced booze up more like. (Various aunts and uncles and distant relatives that I only see on Christmas day, plus a few annoying little children. Thankfully it wasn't at my house!)
I know what you mean. I've often used these big family gatherings as a "vorspiel" for going out later; i.e. already starting my boozing at that point.
They bore the shit out of me too, and they're an annual tradition here in Greece and Cyprus, but you're right, drinking up and eating up all the free food and booze is the best way to fight these things!
I wonder if someday your sibblings will be bored shitless while they drink and eat all the food paid for by you!?On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt -
- CommentAuthorBregje
- CommentTimeDec 28th 2009 edited
I can't wait for you guys to reach a certain age when you start to appreciate your family a bit more and the relation and history it is of you.

I must say I have a small family. Not really close with my aunts and uncles but I see them a couple of times a year. I started to appreciate it more when I got older and I saw the same thing happen to people around me reaching a certain age. And, when you get children yourself you suddenly see family in a really different way too!
So, talk to you in 20 years.
By the way, I think it's really lazy to complain about a boring party while you don't do anything to make it more fun... perhaps there are more people who don't enjoy it but don't have the guts to make a change? -
- CommentAuthorBregje
- CommentTimeDec 28th 2009
PS. Of course I have moved to the life phase where I am the aunt instead of celebrating Christmas with my aunts and uncles... We celebrated with our moms and with our own family and children. -
- CommentAuthorMartijn
- CommentTimeDec 28th 2009
You neglect the power of habit, Bregje: most of such parties (especially in large gatherings of family, although it'll happen within small nuclear families as well) are dominated by a strong sense of tradition and any change or addition is -in my experience- frowned upon if not rejected outright.'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn -
- CommentAuthorDemetris
- CommentTimeDec 28th 2009
Timmer wrote
Christodoulides wrote
Thor wrote
Steven wrote
Family induced booze up more like. (Various aunts and uncles and distant relatives that I only see on Christmas day, plus a few annoying little children. Thankfully it wasn't at my house!)
I know what you mean. I've often used these big family gatherings as a "vorspiel" for going out later; i.e. already starting my boozing at that point.
They bore the shit out of me too, and they're an annual tradition here in Greece and Cyprus, but you're right, drinking up and eating up all the free food and booze is the best way to fight these things!
I wonder if someday your sibblings will be bored shitless while they drink and eat all the food paid for by you!?
And the point of this, is......?Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders. -
- CommentAuthorSteven
- CommentTimeDec 28th 2009
Be more grateful I would imagine.
-
- CommentAuthorDemetris
- CommentTimeDec 28th 2009
I would, if the table wasn't full of people i don't actually know.Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
