• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

 
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2011
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    Good ol' chicken tikka massala today, a recurring favourite of mine. Between the sugary sauce and the basmati rice, it's not healthy, but I couldn't care less. It's GOOD!


    Mmmmm! lick A fine British dish, you did know it's British, didn't you? wink


    I didn't before you (or someone else) told me here at the board awhile back.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. I see the origin of the dish is in dispute. India claims it, somewhere in Soho, London and a curryhouse in Glasgow also lay claim to inventing the dish.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    You been watching Q.I. Tim? wink

    According to them (Fred Macaulay to be specific) it was perfected in Glasgow if I remember.


    Nah! It was something I learnt from some pub quiz years ago.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2011
    Today's dinner:

    * Two fried chicken filets with two different spices -- one of them with massala bought on Zanzibar, the other a special pepper mix
    * Foccacia bread with olive oil and big pieces of salt
    * Salad consisting of cherry tomatoes, cewcumber, brown beans, corn, crunchy salad, feta cheese, red onion and avocado

    Pretty healthy too, except maybe the bread.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2011
    Bread is healthy until, like me, you put lashings of butter on lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2011 edited
    I have just consumed an entire , large punnet of Strawberries, if I had a second, large punnet of Strawberries, I would consume that too, you see, I likes strawberries does me.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2011 edited
    Now I'm cooking roast pork which I'm having with a baked potatoe and salad lick

    I wish I'd kept some Strawberries for afters though slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2011 edited
    You do like your strawberries, don't you?


    Had dinner yesterday in a restaurant in Rotterdam called "Look" ('Allium') , which features a garlic-based menu.

    Great fun, but a little contrived at times (the orange-garlic digèstif and garlic bitter I will not try again).

    I had the classic "Chicken with 15 cloves" which was OK (if a bit olive oil rich), but my starter was great: a full ball of garlic cooked in a Moroccan tajine, with seasoning. Yum yum!
    Oh, and the big surprise of the evening was the garlic ice cream, which worked amazingly well! (the cold sweetness of the cream was combined very effectively with what I guess were chopped and flashfrozen garlic slivers.

    Not surprisingly though, I've canceled all my social engagements this weekend... wink

    And I have very little fear of vampires for the coming week.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2011
    Sounds very advanced!

    I just had a "Thor Classic" today, i.e. an Asian-inspired dish with noodles, red paprika, small slices of meat, brocolli, cauliflower, champignon and carrots. Noodles, brocolli and cauliflower boiled, while the rest is fried. Mix and add sweet chili sauce directly on the plate.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2011
    I somehow assumed a Thor Classic would involve more potato chips... wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2011
    Martijn wrote
    I somehow assumed a Thor Classic would involve more potato chips... wink


    He, he...very observant, Martijn. But I had my dose of that yesterday.

    Today is caramells, chocolate and other unhealthy things.

    The alcohol ban has sadly led me to compensate with candy, chips and chocolate even more than before!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2011 edited
    I'm not a huge chocolate lover but someone at a house party that I've just arrived home from handed me a huge slab of Lindt milk chocolate as I was leaving (for no apparant reason) and I'm in heaven at the moment.

    lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2011
    Wok time!

    Short noodles, red paprika, chopped chicken fillet, spring onion, red onion, squash and a spicy coriander sauce imported from Thailand.

    Lovely!!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2011
    Sounds lovely! lick

    I've eaten a corned beef and pickle sandwich, pretty boring eh?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Not as boring as a random mix of frozen buffet bites: sausage rolls, filo prawns, duck spring rolls...added to that fresh salad, brie and Mediterranean crusty loaf. It definitely hit the mark.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2011
    After a long day at work, I have no idea what to eat. Can I classify beer as food?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2011
    Jim Ware wrote
    After a long day at work, I have no idea what to eat. Can I classify beer as food?


    In THIS thread you can. wink

    -Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2011
    Erik Woods wrote
    Jim Ware wrote
    After a long day at work, I have no idea what to eat. Can I classify beer as food?


    In THIS thread you can. wink

    -Erik-


    yeah biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2011
    I'm just tucking into some chow mein I've bought from the late night Chinese takeaway on the way back from a fucking stressful night at work. It's only your bog standard chow mein but it's absolutely perfect for the moment.

    lick
  3. Better than Swan Vesta's chow mein then?

    This reference may again show up my age! Is Swan Vesta still going?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Better than Swan Vesta's chow mein then?

    This reference may again show up my age! Is Swan Vesta still going?


    I honestly don't know Alan but I used to love those lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2011
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vesta-Chow-Mein … B004G90VPU

    Is there anything that Amazon doesn't sell?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2011
    lol
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2011
    Although Tesco sell them for £1.56 - http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/ … =257550162
  4. Before anyone points it out I got my brand names mixed up. Vesta makes Chow Mein, Swan Vesta makes matches.

    I used to make the same mistake back then too. Ever tried lighting Zip Firelighters with a prepacked Chinese meal? It's not easy!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Before anyone points it out I got my brand names mixed up. Vesta makes Chow Mein, Swan Vesta makes matches.

    I used to make the same mistake back then too. Ever tried lighting Zip Firelighters with a prepacked Chinese meal? It's not easy!


    How weird, I used to do exactly the same? It didn't even cross my mind that you'd said Swan Vesta.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2011
    I've just downed a plate of beans on toast, sometimes the most simple meals are the most satisfying lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2011
    Timmer wrote
    I've just downed a plate of beans on toast, sometimes the most simple meals are the most satisfying lick


    Sounds like good hangover food!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2011
    It is! biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2011
    Asparagus with egg! Yummy!!! lick
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...