• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2011
    Stavroula wrote
    I'm jealous! But I have veal in the oven cooked the greek way and I know someone it going to ask for the recipe! wink

Mmmmmmm lick My first thought was Weiner Schnitzel.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    C'mon Stavi, no more suspence, what is your Veal recipe?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Ok! I'll send you a PM with it! wink
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thank ye kiss
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2011
    I'm doing a Sunday Delicious ROAST lick eat
  1. Timmer wrote

Here, it's an alternate Delicious ROAST lick eat
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Here, it's an alternate Delicious ROAST lick eat

Ahhh tis a fine roast that, specially with crackling. lick
  2. 'twas lovely!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2011 edited
    Just had a pee after eating/drinking asparagus soup and it smells weird. Apparently only 22% of people have the gene variant to be able to smell that weird smell after having consumed asparagus.

Anyone here with the same ability?
    I also wonder how I can use this particular super power for good.

Peter smile
  3. plindboe wrote

Water cannon/crowd control?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2011
    plindboe wrote
    Just had a pee after eating/drinking asparagus soup and it smells weird. Apparently only 22% of people have the gene variant to be able to smell that weird smell after having consumed asparagus.

Peter smile

Is it only 22%? I didn't know that.
    Everyone I know has the smelly urine after eating asparagus.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Hey, I'm trying to eat my breakfast here.....
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2011 edited
    Bregje wrote
    Is it only 22%? I didn't know that.
    Everyone I know has the smelly urine after eating asparagus.

Ah, yes, the 22% is probably the worldwide figure. It could be 90% in Europe. Similar to how few people in Asia can tolerate alcohol, while most Europeans can, or how few people outside of Europe are lactose tolerant above a certain age.

I don't feel so special anymore. sad Thought I had discovered a super power.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2011
    Taco yesterday, taco today. That's the drawback of being single with no freezer. You have to buy big packs and eat it all at once.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2011 edited
    No freezer?

Then you must love shopping. I love my freezer, because I hate shopping. I go only once a week, no more.

I understand your problem, my sister lives alone too and eats the same thing twice because she doesn't want to cook one meal every day. But she can freeze the other part.
    freezing
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2011 edited
    No room for a freezer, I'm afraid (my one-room apartment is very, very tiny and the kitchen is basically just a small corner). I wish I had, though, because I would have saved a whole lotta money that way.

I'm often annoyed that products are geared more towards the families (with big family packs) than single people, even though there are LOTS of them (single people, i.e.) in Norway today.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2011
    Yes, that's true. There will be more and more single people and so many things are not adjusted to that...
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2012
    I bought a new Kenwood food blender today.

Already made two types of soup and I'm now sipping a strawberry and banana smoothie. lick

I love it!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2012
    I would stop and talk but I've just made myself a spagetti bolognese and I'm going to eat it now. lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    I would stop and talk but I've just made myself a spagetti bolognese and I'm going to eat it now. lick

That's funny, coz I just made myself the same thing!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Don't tell me you're going out tonight too? dizzy ...or we're dangerously close to being synchronised for once wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Don't tell me you're going out tonight too? dizzy ...or we're dangerously close to being synchronised for once wink

No, I was out last night. So we're still out of synch there... smile
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I was out last night too, 2/3 ain't bad. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2012
    LSH wrote
    I bought a new Kenwood food blender today.

Already made two types of soup and I'm now sipping a strawberry and banana smoothie. lick

I love it!

I love making smoothies, my summertime favorite is pineapple, banana, and coconut milk and then leave it to chill in the fridge angelic lick

Right now I'm cooking slow roast belly of pork eat
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2012
    I'm still experimenting with 3/4 vegetarian and 1/4 meat meals haha. Some things are easy like bami goreng. I make it without meat and just add cooked ham for Maykel. Actually it's a 3-step meal. First Julian gets noodles and egg on his plate. Then I put some noodles with the veggies and Quinn and I have noodles, veggies and egg on our plate. Then I add meat to it and Maykel gets noodles, veggies, egg and cooked ham on his plate... It's crazy, I know. But this is really the easier meal.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Definitely slowing down on my meat intake as well.
    I switched to biological chicken (as opposed to artificial ones? chicken confused ) and meat from roaming animals.
    Yes, its incredibly expensive.
    So I'll just eat less. :shrug:

Lots of fish, too.

Bregje, an excellent addition to bami/nasi goreng is tahu/tofu.
    It used to be shit, but current variants are SO good that they are very easily prepared into a meat substitute.

Don't get me wrong, nobody in their right mind will EVER think it's meat, but properly seasoned they are an absoutely yummy addition to oriental cuisine.

Chop them up into little cubes. Leave them to soak for about 20 minutes in a ketjap/sambal mix.
    Add garlic (ground/powdered or paste), lemon grass, black pepper and salt to taste.
    Fry on a not-too-hot stove until golden brown and crispy (with onions if you like).
    lick
    Lots of options to vary and experiment too!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    I'll vouch for what Martijn said, Mel occasionally cooks with Tofu, it's good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2012 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Definitely slowing down on my meat intake as well.
    I switched to biological chicken (as opposed to artificial ones? chicken confused ) and meat from roaming animals.

'Organic' meat is the best one to go for I find, since 'free range' is not as free range as you'd think. MILES better than factory farmed meat produce. (Ethically wise - I've yet to try organic meat.)

Yes, its incredibly expensive.

Worth it though!

Some Quorn products are quite good too. Sure, they're not the same as meat, but it can be very tasty in its own right (think of it as an alternative to meat rather than a replacement).
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2012
    Yes, we eat it too. And it used to be not tasty, we all know the comparison to sponge, but it has gotten way better. There are tofu soy based things but also milk based products. The kids really like it, Julian prefers it (Quorn, Valess, etc) over meat.

One things worries me though, it looks so industrially produced and conserverd, I still think it's mostly crap. And 'fresh' tofu... I might be too lazy for that. Perhaps I'll try.