• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2012
    Timmer wrote
    I'm making chilli-con-carne which I'll pour over baked potatoes and cheese tonight lick

Sounds great. I always think of pasta with chili con carne (I think about pasta for everything), but potatoes should do well too.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Boiled cod, potatoes and rasp carrot for dinner today, with melted butter and citrus pepper. Kinda healthy (except for the butter), but great taste.

Of course, I ruined it afterwards with several fists of M&M's and about 20 licorice candies. slant
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Boiled cod, potatoes and rasp carrot for dinner today, with melted butter and citrus pepper. Kinda healthy (except for the butter), but great taste.

Of course, I ruined it afterwards with several fists of M&M's and about 20 licorice candies. slant

I'd have coated the cod in breadcrumbs and fried it devil lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    I'm making chilli-con-carne which I'll pour over baked potatoes and cheese tonight lick

Sounds great. I always think of pasta with chili con carne (I think about pasta for everything), but potatoes should do well too.

That's a bolognese sauce. I'd put chilli-con-carne over potatoes or rice.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

I'd have coated the cod in breadcrumbs and fried it devil lick

Yeah, that's the British way. I love that too, but boiling is easier.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2012
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Huh? We eat chili-con-carne with chili-con-carne... no rice, no pasta, no potatoes.

It's just beans, veggies and meat. We sometimes even eat it with just a spoon. And some tortilla chips for the bite or even better: as spoons and then bite.
  1. Bregje wrote
    It's just beans, veggies and meat. We sometimes even eat it with just a spoon. And some tortilla chips for the bite or even better: as spoons and then bite.

For some reason, when I hear of chili-con-carne I always think of a particular episode of Columbo! Peter Falk's character is in a diner and asks for chili. He is then served it but it is in what I would say is a soup bowl and he then gets a handful of crackers of some kind and scrunches them into the chili.

This doesn't really add anything to the conversation but it's something that springs to mind when I hear mention of chili.

(A bit like Reggie Perrin seeing a hippo when his mother-in-law is mentioned.)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2012 edited
    Bregje wrote
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Huh? We eat chili-con-carne with chili-con-carne... no rice, no pasta, no potatoes.

Poured over a hot tatty with cheese....you don't know what you're missing. lick

But yeah, Tortillas is great.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2012
    Slow cooked shoulder of lamb roast with all the trimmings while watching Snooker on TV....bliss! biggrin
  2. Timmer wrote
    Slow cooked shoulder of lamb roast with all the trimmings while watching Snooker on TV....bliss! biggrin

A posh TV dinner then? wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Indeed! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Three big bags of potatoe chips this weekend, in addition to beer, chocolate and other things the doctor has warned me against!

THAT'S IT!

From tomorrow on, I'll have to go on a more strict diet -- including the weekends -- if I want to live to see 40.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2012
    Just made and eaten kebabs, diced leg of lamb marinated overnight, fresh salad, pitta bread and a bottle of chilli sauce from my Mexican friends shop ( he gets it imported from Mexico ) lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2012
    Timmer wrote
    Just made and eaten kebabs, diced leg of lamb marinated overnight, fresh salad, pitta bread and a bottle of chilli sauce from my Mexican friends shop ( he gets it imported from Mexico ) lick

Damn, that sounds good. Me loves a good kebab now and then!

Leftover pasta and minced beef today (with tomato sause, onion, champignon and cheese).
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2012
    Hey Thor, I know you like Jarlsberg, this morning I had a couple of pieces of toast topped with Jarlsberg and sprinkled with English chedder cheese, try it, it's delicious! lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Hey Thor, I know you like Jarlsberg, this morning I had a couple of pieces of toast topped with Jarlsberg and sprinkled with English chedder cheese, try it, it's delicious! lick

I often have toast with Jarlsberg, but cheddar cheese I haven't tried. I'll try to remember that combo, thanks.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2012 edited
    There's litterally many hundreds of types of Chedder some better than others and of course that is all subjective.

West Country chedder cheese is the best in the world...FACT! And only cheese from nearby dairies to Chedder can legally be called West Country Chedder, unless you've tried it here or had it imported then you will not have come across it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    CHEDDER CHEESE

The town of Chedder is only a 45 minute drive from me lick

It's also a stunning area of Natural Beauty
    •  
      CommentAuthorutelark
    I loooove cheese too, and as I am a rubbish cook, I often eat cheese on toast. Not only cheddar but also Jarlberg, Leerdammer, oh and some Dutch or mmmmh
    And I ahve been to the caves there too! as a tourist.
    •  
      CommentAuthorutelark
    and yes it is beautiful there, totally agree! well worth a VISIT!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ...a tad exposed if the weather is bad....unless you're in the caves of course wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorutelark
    also great for cycling, we were cycling and camping there! Some years ago, loved it.
    Quite a drive for us though on the motorway.
    There are so many wonderful places in England and Scotland, as many as good cheeses.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Glad you like it so much Ute, I've camped and cycled these areas for many years and I've never tired of it.
  3. Tim, I can't believe you consistently referred to Cheddar as 'Chedder'! wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Tim, I can't believe you consistently referred to Cheddar as 'Chedder'! wink

oooooooooooooooooppppppsss!!!! shame

Obviously I've eaten too much CheddAr dizzy
  4. Now you have put a capital letter in the middle of a word!!

Un-bloomin-believable!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2012
    what more do you want? Blood!? cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2012 edited
    Timmer wrote
    what more do you want? Blood!? cry

kiss beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2012 edited
    Damn, I had bought in bags of potatoe chips and chocolate for our Constitution Day tomorrow (I was supposed to hold a garden party), but had to cancel due to rain forecast. I subsequently ate all of it just now. I have ZERO self-control when it comes to those things!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2012
    tsk tsk wave <-wagging finger