• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I'll have a big sausage (Bockwurst) now with mustard and granary bread! A dark lager will go with it. lick
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2013
    http://sdtom2.wordpress.com/2013/02/23/ … ilk-bread/

http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2007/04/27/t … trymoross/

As I've gotten back into bread making I've tried to choose an appropriate score to match the bread.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  2. I just had potatoes in the skin with molten raclett cheese and an "across-the-kitchen" salad. lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2013
    I've been dieting for the last two weeks and have only one day a week where I can go all out, next saturday will be pizza. The mental desire is so strong I am starting to see it appear everywhere biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2013
    francis wrote
    I've been dieting for the last two weeks and have only one day a week where I can go all out, next saturday will be pizza. The mental desire is so strong I am starting to see it appear everywhere biggrin

Why do people do this to themselves? We only live once. Strive for pleasure, not torture.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2013 edited
    Thor wrote
    francis wrote

Why do people do this to themselves? We only live once. Strive for pleasure, not torture.

Simple, I needed to lose some weight (5 kg down, 5 more to go) and I'm going to try to keep the excessive fastfood and snack stuff for the weekend only in the future. Plus I'm not starving myself or torturing myself, I can still eat eggs, toast, tomatoes, oranges, yoghurt and the usual veggie stuff I'm used to. I can say so far it hasn't done me any harm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2013 edited
    I aim to lose some weight too, as I've only been fatter than this two other times in my life, but that would be through exercise and only a SLIGHT adjustment in food habits. If I work out, I can eat pretty much what I want.

I've never understood strict diets of any kind -- unless there are some strong, medical reasons for it.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. I dropped 15 kg since end of November, I went from 90 kg to 74.9.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. PawelStroinski wrote
    I dropped 15 kg since end of November, I went from 90 kg to 74.9.

Is that planned weight loss or stress?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2013 edited
    If I work out, I can eat pretty much what I want.

That's what I thought, but apparently I kept gaining more weight (and not just muscle). I still go running 3 times a week so that definitely helps with the current diet; I almost fainted after running last week due to my sudden decrease in sugar level, I'm now taking some dextro before exercising lick

PawelStroinski wrote

90 kg is my target weight smile
  5. FalkirkBairn wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

Is that planned weight loss or stress?

Planned and under professional supervision.
  6. Pawel, great news! What's your target weight?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  7. I just achieved it! I am on what's called "stabilization" now (that is, not to suffer from the yo-yo effect).
  8. Juste opend a bag of Liquorice Allsorts. I'm addicted to that stuff. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2013
    Captain Future wrote
    Juste opend a bag of Liquorice Allsorts. I'm addicted to that stuff. wink

I believe it's something i can see the appeal in. wink lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2013
    Today's dinner was boiled potatoes, rasped carrot and fried cod filet, British style -- meaning that I dipped the filets in whipped eggs and then flour for a crisy surface. However, the layer wasn't particularly thick, nor particularly crispy. I wonder what I did wrong?!
    I am extremely serious.
  9. You are not British? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    He, he...yeah, that's probably got something to do with it.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Today's dinner was boiled potatoes, rasped carrot and fried cod filet, British style -- meaning that I dipped the filets in whipped eggs and then flour for a crisy surface. However, the layer wasn't particularly thick, nor particularly crispy. I wonder what I did wrong?!

It sounds like something you would do with Lemon Sole, a very thin and tasty fish. What you did wrong was the egg mix....no egg mix, just a light dusting of flour and herbs and fry in very very shallow oil on a medium to high heat for no more than 5 minutes, garnish with parsley and a squeeze of lemon or lime juice.

The other way ( with eggs ) would be with a thicker fish such as Cod, pat the fish dry, dust with flour and then dip in whisked egg mix, from there coat with breadcrumbs and fry on both sides for approximately 15 minutes.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  10. Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

It sounds like something you would do with Lemon Sole, a very thin and tasty fish. What you did wrong was the egg mix....no egg mix, just a light dusting of flour and herbs and fry in very very shallow oil on a medium to high heat for no more than 5 minutes, garnish with parsley and a squeeze of lemon or lime juice.

The other way ( with eggs ) would be with a thicker fish such as Cod, pat the fish dry, dust with flour and then dip in whisked egg mix, from there coat with breadcrumbs and fry on both sides for approximately 15 minutes.

Exactly! lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Damn, you're right. I did it the other way around. And forgot the bread crumbs (that's where the crisp is). shame
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2013
    Proper British fish n' chips is a whole other thing. let me know if you want a good recipe wink
  11. Just cooked me chili con carne.

lick eat

I could bath in that stuff!

Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2013
    Captain Future wrote
    Just cooked me chili con carne.

lick eat

Volker

Did you make it from scratch and did you use chocolate?
  12. Timmer wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    Just cooked me chili con carne.

lick eat

Volker

Did you make it from scratch and did you use chocolate?

I always cook from scratch but of course there are some semi-convenience-products involved here, like canned beans. *

And no, no dark chocalate this time. I only made it medium hot because my stomach filed a protest the last time. So no need for countering the heat. Also I used a little tiny bit of smokey BBQ sauce and with that came suggar. Didn't want to make it any sweeter.

* All right - not always. wink
  13. Rekorderlig's Strawberry & Lime flavoured cider is more of a non-alcoholic type drink. And sometimes these are the worst: it goes down quite easily. But a bit too sweet.

Anyone got a cocktail umbrella?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2013 edited
    Thor wrote

You aren't using pancake batter! Screw the flour, egg wash, etc. Dip that shit in some pancake batter, season with salt and pepper and then fry those babies up. My home made chicken wings and deep fried cod have never tasted better.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  14. Hardly anyone here in Germania uses convenience pancake batter, everyone makes it from scratch. How is this in Norway, GB ... ?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2013
    Captain Future wrote
    Hardly anyone here in Germania uses convenience pancake batter, everyone makes it from scratch. How is this in Norway, GB ... ?

You can buy it but I would make it myself.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2013
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote

You aren't using pancake batter! Screw the flour, egg wash, etc. Dip that shit in some pancake batter, season with salt and pepper and then fry those babies up. My home made chicken wings and deep fried cod have never tasted better.

-Erik-

You're talking about what we call battered cod, the kind you get from a traditional fish n'chip shop.