• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2012
    Stavroula wrote
    Well darling it's your life, you chocolate and your potato chips! But be warned!!! I'm not sharing my chocolate mind you! tongue

A fellow chocolate lover, eh? I guess this town is big enough for the both of us.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2012
    Dear Thor, if you find a woman to be with you soon, there would be no money or appetite left to go near such amounts of chocolates and chips or anything fun and eatable for the matter, so yeah, it's a good advice by our dear Stavi wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2012 edited
    I'd rather get fat! Fat people are hilarious.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Just settling down to one of those big 750ml bottles of dark Leffe beer and a few mouthfuls of cheese and salami.

The salami we picked up from the ConwyFeast event last weekend in Conwy where food produces from near and far (the salami came from Bavaria!) set up stalls over a couple of days and ply their wares.

We bought a "job lot" of salami: 6-7 "sticks" of all different types (some of the best are the ones with the black and green peppercorns in them. Yum yum!

The cheese is just supermarket-bought brie and double gloucester - but that hits the mark too!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2012
    That sounds yummy indeed!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2012
    Hot spicy sausage and crusty bread roll followed by cup o' tea and Belgian chocolate biscuits lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Day 1 of 'Christmas nibbles! Honey-coated peanuts and cashews. Eaten too many already - but just can't help having more every time I pass them.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2012
    I just ate a lamb rogan josh with pilau rice, poppadoms and an onion bhaji while watching Nigella on TV cooking Italian food dizzy lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Timmer wrote
    I just ate a lamb rogan josh with pilau rice, poppadoms and an onion bhaji while watching Nigella on TV cooking Italian food dizzy lick

Didn't your brain get mixed messages?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2012
    What's a brain? confused dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2012
    Just something simple today, baked potato, cheese and salad lick
  4. Making space for tomorrow?

Ir was cheese, paté and crackers plus pickled onions and beer this lunchtime. Buffet-style nibbles tonight - and beer.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2012 edited
    Yeap! Simple food and loads of booze tonigght drink

We have loads of nibbles in too, from cashews to crisps to biscuits and a large selection of cheeses.

Tomorrow it's DUCK ( I wanted a huge rib of beef but got out-voted ) with roasters, sprouts ( I love sprouts ), parsnips, Chard ( I lovvvvvvve Chard ), carrots, roast garlic and not forgetting some cranberry sauce. There'll be four of us, me, Mel, her sister Ursi and our mutual friend Dom all at mine and I'm cooking.

What's everyone else having tomorrow? Are you cooking? Are you being cooked for? With your family(s)?

I'm nosey and I wanna know???
  5. Timmer wrote
    What's everyone else having tomorrow? Are you cooking? Are you being cooked for? With your family(s)?

For us, tomorrow is CAPON and stuffing with roast & mashed potatoes, sprouts, a roasted parsnip (for Anne), lots "pigs-in-blankets", carrots, peas and gravy (we have a joint of beef to roast for later in the week). There will be the four of us here too. And tomorrow Anne will fry any left-overs for lunch.

Anne will be cooking - she enjoys doing the cooking.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2012 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Yeap! Simple food and loads of booze tonigght drink

We have loads of nibbles in too, from cashews to crisps to biscuits and a large selection of cheeses.

Tomorrow it's DUCK ( I wanted a huge rib of beef but got out-voted ) with roasters, sprouts ( I love sprouts ), parsnips, Chard ( I lovvvvvvve Chard ), carrots, roast garlic and not forgetting some cranberry sauce. There'll be four of us, me, Mel, her sister Ursi and our mutual friend Dom all at mine and I'm cooking.

Tomorrow is basically leftovers from the big dinner today (again, Christmas Eve is the big day over here, not Christmas Day). We're going to have a smorgasboard with the extended family to finish it all tomorrow.

Today, we had the usual meal every Christmas Eve -- pork ribs (the most common Norwegian Christmas dish), potatoes, sauerkraut (white & red) and brown sauce. Tastes delicious, but I always eat more than I can handle. Aquavit and Christmas beer for drinks.

For desert we had multekrem, also a Norwegian specialty (cloudberries and whipped cream).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2012
    I'm making an appetizer for my family's Christmas gathering tomorrow. It's an appetizer I've never made before and I hope it tastes good. It look phenomenal when I saw it being made on the Food Network the other day. Anyway, it's creamed blue cheese stuffed in dates wrapped in prosciutto. It's super easy to make but I just hope all the flavours work together. But I don't see why not. The bitter hit of the cheese with the sweetness of the date and the saltiness of the prosciutto. Seems like a winner to me.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  6. Erik Woods wrote
    I'm making an appetizer for my family's Christmas gathering tomorrow. It's an appetizer I've never made before and I hope it tastes good. It look phenomenal when I saw it being made on the Food Network the other day. Anyway, it's creamed blue cheese stuffed in dates wrapped in prosciutto. It's super easy to make but I just hope all the flavours work together. But I don't see why not. The bitter hit of the cheese with the sweetness of the date and the saltiness of the prosciutto. Seems like a winner to me.

-Erik-

Good luck with that Erik! wink

And what beer will you be recommending with that?
  7. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

None at all! Blue cheese is calling for white wine. Pinot Blanc or Riesling.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2012
    I'll be having my patented orientally-spiced (=hot!!) chicken salad, topped off with some vintage 94 port and some cheese from the Azores. lick

Over the years I kind of lost the fun in making these insanely huge-ass kazillion-calorie meals that just leave you gasping for air.
    It just doesn't feel right (and as said, and indeed more importantly, like fun any more!).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Today my mom will cook the meal. She enjoys it, she starts talking about food in september already... wink

Tomorrow my mother-in-law will cook. Some years we did divide the meal, so we did dessert, my brother-in-law did the entree, something like that. But this year she wanted to do it all herself again. Will let you know what we had, because I don't know yet.

I don't enjoy cooking at all. Perhaps that's why I like a good brunch. I like bread, rolls and croissants and it doesn't need to be cooked! Just baked with warm brie mmmm
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2012 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Beer and cheese pair much better than wine and cheese. Fact! I recommend pairing blue cheese with a sweet Belgian tripel or quad. This would be a perfect match with the sweetness of the dates as well. Or you can go to the other end of the spectrum and really let your taste buds have fun and crack open a smooth, citrus/piney Imperial IPA.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  8. Cheers Erik - in every sense! Enjoy the day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote
    Beer and cheese pair much better than wine and cheese. Fact!

Great scott, man!
    From what mad Bizarro universe do you get these ...facts ?

wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  9. Martijn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Great scott, man!

wink

Certainly not from anywhere in Europe! Erik will now probably be put on the Frensh no-flight-list. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    biggrin applause
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Beer pairs much more naturally than wine. Fact! Beer is a better pallette clenser. Fact! The tastes and aromas are far more compatible. Fact! And there is wider variety of beer flavours and styles which makes pairing much easier and far more interesting. Example: try a nutty Gouda with a beautiful Imperial stout. Or as I mentioned above - a sharp blue cheese with a fruity Belgian quad. Or a mild, creamy goat cheese with an Imperial IPA. Mozzarella goes brilliantly with a light German wheat beer.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Captain Future wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Great scott, man!

wink

Certainly not from anywhere in Europe.

Tell that to anyone living in Belgium!

-Erik-
  10. Erik Woods wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Great scott, man!

wink

Certainly not from anywhere in Europe.

Tell that to anyone living in Belgium!

-Erik-

Well, from Flanders, maybe, but I doubt it.
    Suggest cheese and bear to someone from Wallonia ... and duck and cover!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    While preparing food I stabbed my finger with a fork, I mean really stabbed it.....I've never stabbed myself with a fork before. dizzy cry
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Great scott, man!

wink

Erik hath impaired his priority over the word fact.

FACT!

wink