• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2008 edited
    Marcel said...

"NOTHING is better than a wet t-shirt"

Quote of the century right there my friends! punk cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2008
    Going off topic in TDK has never been as ... euhm ... interesting!

Yeah!

biggrin punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Bregt wrote
    Going off topic in TDK has never been as ... euhm ... interesting!

Yeah!

biggrin punk

Yeah, all has been said about TDK so.....let´s talk about women! biggrin punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    At least women don't have reverb. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Depends where they are in.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    shocked

Maaarttiiiijn!!!! Hold him at his feet!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2008 edited
    Steven wrote
    Hmm, I wouldn't really place much of those cues under 'dark music'.

Very well. You probably know far better than I. smile But still, there definitely is some darkness in those tracks, but regardless of how much, I greatly prefer it to the 'darkness' The Dark Knight offers.

Steven wrote
    (Listening to The Dark Knight having not seen the film is perhaps akin to reading about the pleasures of sex if you're a virgin. Not that I'm comparing The Dark Knight to sex... The Dark Knight is far better. biggrin wink )

Wow. lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2008
    I must say I didn't like Dark Knight much after the first listen except the "Like A Dog Chasing Cars" track. But after I saw the (IMo amazing) film I began to appreciate the score a whole lot more and it's one of my year's favourites. I like to turn it on at night and... chilling! shocked spin
  1. Has anyone tried to sync up "Like a dog chasing cars" to the film? I've just been having a look at the film on Blu Ray and have no clue where it should go. Anyone have a timecode for where in the film you should start the track? Or has the track been truncated or edited beyond the point where it can be roughly lined up with the film?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2009 edited
    John Chambers wrote
    Has anyone tried to sync up "Like a dog chasing cars" to the film? I've just been having a look at the film on Blu Ray and have no clue where it should go. Anyone have a timecode for where in the film you should start the track? Or has the track been truncated or edited beyond the point where it can be roughly lined up with the film?

Try to sync it up at the 1 hour 13 minutes 30 seconds mark. There is where the cue should have been placed IMO (with some editing of the cue here and there of course, but I´ve done it in a pretty rough way and sounds / looks really great).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2009 edited
    OK... Can someone please explain to me the difference(s) between the following albums?

The Dark Knight (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
    The Dark Knight (Bonus Digital Release)
    The Dark Knight Collectors Edition (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
    The Dark Knight Limited Edition
    The Dark Knight Remixes - EP

I currently own the regular OST only, and was wondering: what additional material/changes are to be found in the other recordings? confused
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2009
    Talk about milking it! rolleyes

Stand aside George Lucas.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    There's a line in Full Metal Jacket which somehow seems appropriate. But I don't suppose I'd better say it, because it will only lead to pain.

[spoiler]I didn't know they stacked shit that high.[/spoiler]
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Timmer wrote
    Talk about milking it! rolleyes

Stand aside George Lucas.

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Regardless of any quibbles I had/have with the score, I just can't get past how freakishly awesome this cover art is. shocked smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    WORD
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Christodoulides wrote
    WORD

beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Thank you, William, for pointing out that I can download the Bonus disc released in the 2-disc set without having to pay $40-50....I didn't know that at all! *is very happy*
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2009 edited
    Scribe wrote
    Thank you, William, for pointing out that I can download the Bonus disc released in the 2-disc set without having to pay $40-50....I didn't know that at all! *is very happy*

Yep, no problem. biggrin beer I also came to realize the enormous rip-off of buying the Collectors Edition; the Bonus Digital Release is the top new thing to jump at.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2009
    So that's the cover art of the second disc on the 2 disc edition?

What ever happened them releasing it on LP? I was interested when they announced that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Anthony wrote
    So that's the cover art of the second disc on the 2 disc edition?

I guess you could call it that, as it's for the same material, though it's technically the cover art for the Bonus Digital Release.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2009 edited
    William wrote
    Regardless of any quibbles I had/have with the score, I just can't get past how freakishly awesome this cover art is. shocked smile

Not bad. Very attractive though I ( don't shoot, tis but an opinion ) wouldn't call it awesome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Timmer wrote
    William wrote

Not bad. Very attractive though I ( don't shoot, tis but an opinion ) wouldn't call it awesome.

And mine is but an opinion, as well. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    William wrote
    Timmer wrote
    William wrote

I guess neither of us even had to say that rolleyes beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Timmer wrote
    William wrote
    Timmer wrote
    William wrote

I guess neither of us even had to say that rolleyes beer

LOL beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorNunoM
    I am the only one who thinks that the original soundtrack is a very good presentation of the score, and the 2 discs editions being just a repetition of themes of the former, together with some underscore music and remixes to fill the 2nd disc? rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    You should not buy these extended releases.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2009 edited
    I bought the 2 disc Edition for 3 reasons.

1. I'm a Zimmer fan. And a JNH fan too, of course.
    2. The tracks in the 2nd disc/ Digital Release are the actual score cues themselves, as oppose to the edited versions on the original release (which is a really good release in and of itself). The more music the better, IMO, so you can pick and choose.
    2. I'm giving support for more releases like this in the future for other scores.

I have the Digipack release too. Just because it cost the same as the other release yet offered me (slightly) more content.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote
    You should not buy these extended releases.

<weird empty-eyed look and hollow voice> I shall not buy these extended releases...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    NunoM wrote
    I am the only one who thinks that the original soundtrack is a very good presentation of the score, and the 2 discs editions being just a repetition of themes of the former, together with some underscore music and remixes to fill the 2nd disc? rolleyes

Nope, the second disc is just an extension of the first.