• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2008
    Hmm, I wouldn't really place much of those cues under 'dark music'. They certainly have elements of darkness in them, but for something truly hardcore, then look no further than Elliot Goldenthal's In Dreams. That is dark music. (Though I'm betting someone could out-dark me with that choice.)

The Dark Knight is a very misleading score, or perhaps easily misunderstood score, particularly if you've only just listened to it and not seen the film. It really does work great in the movie. Granted, you have to like the movie first, and then you have to like revisiting the feeling the film evokes, and then you kind of have to like Zimmer. If you can tick all three of those boxes, there's a good chance you'll enjoy the score. (Listening to The Dark Knight having not seen the film is perhaps akin to reading about the pleasures of sex if you're a virgin. Not that I'm comparing The Dark Knight to sex... The Dark Knight is far better. biggrin wink )
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote
    Not that I'm comparing The Dark Knight to sex... The Dark Knight is far better. biggrin wink )

This sentence deserves a thread.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2008 edited
    "(Listening to The Dark Knight having not seen the film is perhaps akin to reading about the pleasures of sex if you're a virgin. Not that I'm comparing The Dark Knight to sex... The Dark Knight is far better)"

The whole thinking behind this deserves a threat alone! punk

Btw i imagine would ONE HOUR PHOTO or THE CAVE by Klimek / Heil or DAVID JULYAN'S "The Descent" would do to Williams' poor ears then biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Steven wrote
    Not that I'm comparing The Dark Knight to sex... The Dark Knight is far better. biggrin wink )

It's writer deserves a kicking!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    On a slightly different note, there was all that talk of Like A Dog Chasing Cars not being used in the movie, but I swear it is played during the Ferry secene as Batman jumps off the roof to stop the SWAT guys despite Gordon's protest. confused
  1. Wasn't it Agent of Chaos or another track?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    On a slightly different note, there was all that talk of Like A Dog Chasing Cars not being used in the movie, but I swear it is played during the Ferry secene as Batman jumps off the roof to stop the SWAT guys despite Gordon's protest. confused

The track you talk about is "Introduce a Little Anarchy", and it includes a super shortened version of the theme played in "Like a Dog Chasing Cars". But "Like a Dog Chasing Cars", as presented on the score cd (with the theme played at full power), is not in the movie. IMO Nolan was wrong removing it from the chase sequence, where it would have added epic to the whole sequence crazy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Was it actually written for the chase sequence? I thought the cues were simply named after quotes, but not necessarily underscoring the scene where the line was.

P.S. Is that restrained version of the Wayne family theme on the soundtrack anywhere (from the scene where Bruce and Rachel kiss in the penthouse?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Was it actually written for the chase sequence? I thought the cues were simply named after quotes, but not necessarily underscoring the scene where the line was.

Well as it is one of the few real action sequences in the movie (and the only chase sequence) I´m pretty sure it was written to score it, and we´ve talked about it plenty of times. Some people here like the sequence non scored, I think it was a terrible mistake.

Anthony wrote
    P.S. Is that restrained version of the Wayne family theme on the soundtrack anywhere (from the scene where Bruce and Rachel kiss in the penthouse?)

I couldn´t tell. The only cue of the score I come back to is "Like a Dog Chasing Cars".
  2. Anthony wrote

Like a dog chasing cars was the line stated in the hospital scene.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Steven wrote

biggrin

You're probably right.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Steven wrote

biggrin

You're probably right.

A hot night with Olga or The Dark Knight?

Hmmmm....tough one that!? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'd quite happily go deaf for that women.

Srsly.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Olga is gorgeous but I prefer Eva Green. lick

but i love music far too much to go deaf for anybody.....thankfully we don't have to make that choice do we!? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Lots of people say that. I can't see it myself? I know Olga isn't the curviest female in the world, but I find Eva Green just a little too skinny. And she doesn't have that European hotness that I'm a sucker for. lick lick
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Lots of people say that. I can't see it myself? I know Olga isn't the curviest female in the world, but I find Eva Green just a little too skinny. And she doesn't have that European hotness that I'm a sucker for. lick lick

Hmmmm, taste is an odd thing isn't it!? I have a few odd tastes....Caroline Aherne, Thora Birch, Nadia Sawala....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thora Birch!?!?!?

(No I'm kidding, she's fiiiiiine. Much better than the other one from American Beauty.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote

Eva Green ? Srsly? Even i am not a big fan of the Olga chick but i have to say she looks SO MUCH MORE HOT and GORGEOUS in comparison.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Nadia Sawala....

This one? http://images.google.com/images?gbv=2&a … mp;spell=1 confused
    shocked
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Nadia Sawala....

shocked

Yeah THAT one! biggrin

She'd never be a Bond girl but boy is there something sexy about her, the eyes, and particularly her mouth and voice....just something hot & sexy asbout her. cool

Oh, and Nigella Lawson lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Nadia Sawala....

shocked

Yeah THAT one! biggrin

She'd never be a Bond girl but boy is there something sexy about her, the eyes, and particularly her mouth and voice....just something hot & sexy asbout her. cool

Ok, ok....don´t change the subject of the conversation Tim, we want photos of that Mauritian friend of yours tongue lick
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Nadia Sawala....

shocked

Yeah THAT one! biggrin

Ok, ok....don´t change the subject of the conversation Tim, we want photos of that Mauritian friend of yours tongue lick

Afraid I don't have any.

She's very petite, about 5,3, with a fantastically stacked top rack cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Nadia Sawala....

shocked

Yeah THAT one! biggrin

Afraid I don't have any.

All right, you´d better stop now lick lick ....let´s keep talking about Batman...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Nadia Sawala....

shocked

Yeah THAT one! biggrin

Afraid I don't have any.

GET PHOTOS! "fantastically stacked top rack".....i am getting DIZZY! shocked
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Oh boy she'd just l-o-v-e that......"Hi Tess, can I take some photos of you in a tight T-shirt so I can show it to my fellow geeks on a film music forum because I told them how gorgeous and lusty you are and I........................"

SMACK!

sad shame
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    But we'd like you a whole lot more if you did! tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    fellow geekS?! If she sees our HOT looks she will WANT to send photos of her wet t-shirt! God i am feeling dizzy again! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    fellow geekS?! If she sees our HOT looks she will WANT to send photos of her wet t-shirt! God i am feeling dizzy again! biggrin

Is no t-shirt better than wet t-shirt?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Besides, you don't have to tell her anything, just grab her, hold her and take a photo! biggrin punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Oh boy she'd just l-o-v-e that......"Hi Tess, can I take some photos of you in a tight T-shirt so I can show it to my fellow geeks on a film music forum because I told them how gorgeous and lusty you are and I........................"

Oh I´m sure she´ll understand biggrin

Anthony wrote
    But we'd like you a whole lot more if you did!

Yes!

Anthony wrote
    Is no t-shirt better than wet t-shirt?

NOTHING is better than a wet t-shirt lick