• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2008
    punk punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Maybe I don´t remember it as good as I thought, but is there more music in the film not released in the first soundtrack cd?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2008 edited
    All RIGHT!! punk punk

Thank God at least one Zimmer score for which we don't have to rely on promos/bootlegs for the complete score!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Crap, me wants, but too damn expensive sad
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    BobdH wrote
    My only complaint: why put it all on a seperate disc? I would've preferred to mix it with the first release, so we're not buying a completely useless disc again. Oh well, I'm gonna buy this anyway. Seems like it's akin to the extra disc of Pirates of the Caribbean.

Yeah, but still it's a great release IMO. Unlike PoTC the second disc apparently has actually unreleased music, not just unused suites and demos. That's kewl!! punk
  1. I think that one CD is just plain enough smile.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I want that one 'cause i don't already own the official cd release but it'd too damn expensive! Any other store that carries it with a logical price out there?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2008 edited
    The Amazon US price is actually doable, at $52 = €41, but add €10 for import duties.
    Amazon UK shows it at £43.49, or €54, which is even more expensive vomit
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    .uk is always more expensive. Wonder if sae, moviemusic.com and shops like that will carry it too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    50 € for an already released cd + 10 new tracks + 4 crappy remixes? Ok.... rolleyes
  2. Exactly.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    *sigh*

As much as I don't want it, I know I should get it. biggrin
  3. Why? biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Because it's ZIMMER. I don't like ZIMMER, but I still buy ZIMMER. biggrin

Is it really a complete though, as I thought the original soundtrack contained unused stuff and suites??
  4. Why oh why people DO forget JNH did the score too biggrin

I won't be a good boy, I guess. I'll just download the second CD. The original first CD is enough when it comes to a purchase, I think.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Why oh why people DO forget JNH did the score too biggrin

I won't be a good boy, I guess. I'll just download the second CD. The original first CD is enough when it comes to a purchase, I think.

I don't forget JNH, but I'm rarely able to pick out his stuff when he's writing with Zimmer (Harvey Two Face..but what else??)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    .uk is always more expensive. Wonder if sae, moviemusic.com and shops like that will carry it too.
  5. Agent Chaos, some rhythms in Like a Dog Chasing Cars, some dissonance.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote

Yup, and I'm not planning to spend over £40 on it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2008
    Hmmm, double dipping..... I guess I'll have to do this.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Yup, and I'm not planning to spend over £40 on it.

I won't spend over a tenner on it! tongue wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2008 edited
    DemonStar wrote
    BobdH wrote
    My only complaint: why put it all on a seperate disc? I would've preferred to mix it with the first release, so we're not buying a completely useless disc again. Oh well, I'm gonna buy this anyway. Seems like it's akin to the extra disc of Pirates of the Caribbean.

Yeah, but still it's a great release IMO. Unlike PoTC the second disc apparently has actually unreleased music, not just unused suites and demos. That's kewl!! punk

You must be kidding.

The second disc from soundtrack treasures is an authentic jewel. It's not a complete score, of course. But it has suites wich are some of the best music Zimmer has ever wrotte.

Being watched The Dark Knight movie 2 or 3 times, I can garantee this realease is only the complete score, it will be one of the most unecessaries things ever edited. (not only the orignal cd contains more music,but it is mixed in a more coherent way )

And Im a Zimmer fan.

(and for the guy who wants the rendition of batman's theme from the end of the movie, listen the beggining of "agressive expansion" )
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Nautilus wrote
    You must be kidding.

The second disc from soundtrack treasures is an authentic jewel. It's not a complete score, of course. But it has suites wich are some of the best music Zimmer has ever wrotte.

Dude believe me I love the PoTC suites as much as you do, especially Lord Cutler Beckett and the Pirate Lord of Singapore. What I was pointing out is this new TDK has real unreleased music from the film and not suites and demos, so it's a "real" complete score release. That's exciting as I hope many more deserving Zimmer titles like The Lion King and Prince of Egypt follow this! punk
  6. DemonStar wrote
    ...I hope many more deserving Zimmer titles like The Lion King and Prince of Egypt follow this! punk

What´s this Lion King? Never heard about it. Did anybody mention that one before? Sounds like dead rabbits to me...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    biggrin

By the way, does Zimmer really like that "remix" idea? Or is it just the record companies who want it? But regarding that he lets his buddies (Ryeland Allison, Mel Wesson...) remix his music, it seems he's enjoying those stuff...? dizzy
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  7. And Paul Oakenfold.

I think it's just a case of him giving his music to people he trusts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    We could live without those remixes though. Actually, we should live without the remixes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Marselus wrote
    We could live without those remixes though. Actually, we should live without the remixes.

Absolutely. I hate those angry
  8. Me too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2008 edited
    DemonStar wrote
    Marselus wrote

Absolutely. I hate those angry

Yeah, I mean is like converting something extraordinary (film music) into something very ordinary (remixes we can hear in a subway station).

Fortunately they are forgotten as fast as they are puked, but AGAIN, Zimmer does not have the need of making/producing/whatever them.