• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2008
    Marselus wrote
    We could live without those remixes though. Actually, we should live without the remixes.

Oh I don't ? Nothing wrong with a bit of spice.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote
    We could live without those remixes though. Actually, we should live without the remixes.

sure especially if it is curry or garam masala wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Marselus wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    Marselus wrote

Absolutely. I hate those angry

Yeah, I mean is like converting something extraordinary (film music) into something very ordinary (remixes we can hear in a subway station).

It's called "opening up for the masses", but they shouldn't, agreed.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    I'm surprised that Warners is doing a complete score release of The Dark Knight -- especially since the OST came out July. But considering that the score was recorded in London (as opposed to the U.S. and those pesky re-use fees for union orchestras), Warners could afford to do an expanded release.

Still, it's hard to believe. Are a lot of people clamoring for more music or is this a money-grab by Warners to cash in during the DVD and Blu-ray? I'm inclined to think the latter. The music wasn't that great -- the original CD is fine by itself.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Matt C wrote
    I'm surprised that Warners is doing a complete score release of The Dark Knight -- especially since the OST came out July. But considering that the score was recorded in London (as opposed to the U.S. and those pesky re-use fees for union orchestras), Warners could afford to do an expanded release.

Still, it's hard to believe. Are a lot of people clamoring for more music or is this a money-grab by Warners to cash in during the DVD and Blu-ray? I'm inclined to think the latter. The music wasn't that great -- the original CD is fine by itself.

It's a cash in! ( I'd put money on it wink )
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote

I could easily live without mate; i still haven't got over the absolutely horrendous crap that Dj-tiesto did with one of my most intimate and personal musical experiences ever, samuel barber's adagio for strings op.11
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote

I could easily live without mate; i still haven't got over the absolutely horrendous crap that Dj-tiesto did with one of my most intimate and personal musical experiences ever, samuel barber's adagio for strings op.11

Oh yeah, forgot that nasty little piece of garbage.

still very popular on juke boxes here slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2008
    From FSM:

So the Dark Knight soundtrack has some cool stuff I found out about that might finally push me to buy it finally.
    - 50 minutes of unreleased music
    - Unreleased remixes of tracks by The Crystal Method

Interesting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    From FSM:

So the Dark Knight soundtrack has some cool stuff I found out about that might finally push me to buy it finally.

Interesting.

50 minutes of unreleased music? confused I don´t remember a single cue missing on the original cd.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    More underscore maybe?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2008
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    From FSM:

Interesting.

50 minutes of unreleased music? confused I don´t remember a single cue missing on the original cd.

I don't know the score at all well, but I'm smart enough to work out when a 2 hour 30 minute movie has roughly 2 hours of music, and the CD release is just over an hour that's there's clearly something missing. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Anthony wrote
    I don't know the score at all well, but I'm smart enough to work out when a 2 hour 30 minute movie has roughly 2 hours of music, and the CD release is just over an hour that's there's clearly something missing. wink

Hehe, yeah! LOL biggrin

But seriously though, I wish they had put some unreleased tracks from Batman Begins, such as the Train fight cue, in place of those IMO unnecessary remixes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote

Yes but remember that, according to Amazon´s tracklist, the first cd is exactly the same as the original release; and the second one features 10 new tracks + 4 remixes. And I have my doubts that those 10 tracks are unreleased music; for instance, take the first one, "Bank Robbery (Prologue)": we do have this cue in the original release ("Why so Serious?").
    This so called special edition is pure merchandising IMO.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2008
    Picture of the special edition

-> http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5 … SS400_.jpg

WOW, THE BOOK CONTAINS STILLS FROM THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!!!!!! rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thomas wrote

WOW, THE BOOK CONTAINS STILLS FROM THE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!!!!!! rolleyes

Hah! biggrin biggrin biggrin

A friend of mine has just bought THE DARK KNIGHT soundtrack......on VINYL!!! It looks so beautiful in this format. cool
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I was going to get the vinyl - just to look at it - but alas, it was too expensive. I settled with the special edition with the cool bat-mobile-bike-thing artwork. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2008
    Thomas wrote

biggrin biggrin
  1. it is surprising that people prefer Batman Begins over Dark Knight, even though with 6 votes for BB and 16 for Dark Knight you could question that perspective a bit

Put shortly, I find Dark Knight better because it uses the same structure of BB but adds the new things to it that makes a sequel always more interesting smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2008
    Rip-off was invented before, but it gets a new definition with this release.
    Kazoo
  2. Bregt wrote
    Rip-off was invented before, but it gets a new definition with this release.

boo Bregt, rip off is for Chronicles 2, at least here you have a couple of new themes tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    No, I meant this new release of the score, not the score itself.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    Bregt wrote

You should not forget that this release does contain amazing stills from the movie!!!! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm quite happy with the soundtrack as it is tbh. Any more and it becomes too much for my ears to bear!
  3. Thomas wrote
    Bregt wrote

You should not forget that this release does contain amazing stills from the movie!!!! biggrin

hehe, I honestly don't know if the extra music is truly worth it! Anyone who heard it can shed a light on this one?

Bregt wrote

Ahhh, you're forgiven then
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2008
    I prefer Batman Begins over The Dark Knight, because of the listening experience in general. Begins starts off nicely, building the themes (yes, a bit repetitive) up to Molossus and finishes with a cherry on top. Dark Knight starts off cruelly for my ears with some highlights at 2 and 8, what's in-between seems like a blur. Though it has some magnificent moments, the cd just requires too much of my attention in order to enjoy the music.

My 2 cents. smile
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Thomas wrote
    Bregt wrote

hehe, I honestly don't know if the extra music is truly worth it! Anyone who heard it can shed a light on this one?

Bregt wrote

Ahhh, you're forgiven then

It doesn't add all that much... unless your a completeist like me wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Thomas wrote
    Bregt wrote

Probably not as they buried themselves in anger after realizing they spent 60 USD for more Zimmer synths wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2008
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2008
    Thanks!