• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    NP : TOTAL RECALL - Jerry Goldsmith

Now this is punk punk punk punk punk

Absolutely! Same goes for :

NP: First Knight - Jerry Goldsmith
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: X-Men 3: The Last Stand - John Powell

punkpunkpunkpunkpunk

It's a good score but I would give it punk punk punk smile

( I just wanted to try out the new scoring system )

Not to be pedantic or anything, but technically it should be cheesy cheesy cheesy smile.

Oh what fun. biggrin

And Total Recall? I'd give it cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:The Mummy 3 (Edelman)

Edelman with his mix of orchestra and synth....and one of the most ridicolous heroic themes i ever heard ( in a bad way, not like an old fashioned homenage)

Anyway, it's interesting enough to sustain half of his lenght.

The lasts tracks with this synths trying to be orchestra ( like in the old TV movies) are annoying!!!!! vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP: Lost Season 3 cd 1

"Juliett is Lost" The island's theme that you can hear since the first season, but finally now realeased on cd.

One of my all time favourite scores.

1-Empire Strikes back.
    2-The Da Vinci Code
    3-Lair
    4-At world's End
    5-Total Recall
    6-Lost Season 3
    7- Stargate
    7-Final Fantasy Spirit Within
    8-Secret of Nimh
    9-Happy Feet
    10- Solaris
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nautilus wrote
    NP: Lost Season 3 cd 1

"Juliett is Lost" The island's theme that you can hear since the first season, but finally now realeased on cd.

And now all we need is the Freighter theme, which is arguably my favorite theme from Lost now. The version at the beginning of "Ji Yeon" is haunting. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nautilus wrote

1-Empire Strikes back.
    2-The Da Vinci Code
    3-Lair
    4-At world's End
    5-Total Recall
    6-Lost Season 3
    7- Stargate
    7-Final Fantasy Spirit Within
    8-Secret of Nimh
    9-Happy Feet
    10- Solaris

Since when did Empire Strikes Back become your favourite score??
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    WALL•E Thomas Newman

Really enjoy this one without having seen the movie. I'm sure come Saturday after I've seen it, I'm gonna love this one!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Steven wrote
    WALL•E Thomas Newman

Really enjoy this one without having seen the movie. I'm sure come Saturday after I've seen it, I'm gonna love this one!

Trust me, you'll notice it in the film. It works wonderfully. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Matt C wrote
    NP: X-Files: I Want to Believe - Mark Snow

A much more consistent (and romantic) album than the first film's score. There's still some of those electronic dissonance and synths for the darker aspects of the film (such as "Moonrise" in the film's opening sequence), but there's also some hefty, aggressive action setpieces. A very solid album, well worth checking out.

Justin Boggan will eat this up, particularly the excellent "Trip to D.C." and "Home Again" cues.

Interesting. Was planning to skip this but i might give it a go.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2008 edited
    NP The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (Randy Edelman)
    A 45 minutes release would have been perfect. A 78 minutes one is simply too much. I like the more dramatic parts of it, the action ones have left me quite cold. The main theme is far from memorable, in fact is a bit cheesy, but there´s a secondary motif that I really like in its many variations. I doubt I´m watching the film, but I´m really curious about Debney´s additional music.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    NP The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (Randy Edelman)
    A 45 minutes release would have been perfect. A 78 minutes one is simply too much. I like the more dramatic parts of it, the action ones have left me quite cold. The main theme is far from memorable, in fact is a bit cheesy, but there´s a secondary motif that I really like in its many variations. I doubt I´m watching the film, but I´m really curious about Debney´s additional music.

How would you describe it in relation to another composer's work or a recent work or something?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Shit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I wouldn´t call it shit.
    Far from Silvestri´s and not even remotely close to Goldsmith´s. I don´t know how to describe it, but the action parts seem a bit empty (even if he´s using a huge orchestra). And the main theme doesn´t help (it is not overused though, a wise decision). The dramatic parts are far better though, specially the secondary theme I mentioned (this one has really reminded Goldsmith to me). A 45 minutes would have helped though: by the time I was in the last 4 tracks (not counting the horrible song) I was exhausted.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Does it sound like anything from the current scope of well-known modern film music exampleS? Like some of the recently-released scores for instance?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Well I like it more than the last Indiana Jones score, but I know I´ll be alone on this.

:nuke shield activated:
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    (running for cover on your behalf biggrin )
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP:Forrest Gump ~ Alan Silvestri
    I was running around like crazy today so it suits me.Both to remember my "running" and to get some much needed relaxation.The applications I was waiting for came out today and after many adventures and some fights with quite unhelpful guys I had my way and that why you obviously didn't see me on TV D.

(I would only play in Greek television you see tongue )
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DAMN THOSE GUYS, they should have driven you crazy so you'd appear on the TV. That would make the pile of rubbish that is Greek Tv currently, so much more beautiful. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    You teaser you! kiss
    I don't think I would be very beautiful If you saw me on TV.It would meant that I have bombared the place!And to be honest i was taht close to make a big fuss there!imagine what I went through!

By the way,Jenny's theme is more than wonderful!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Steven wrote
    Shit.

What's with you this week? First off, your snide remark about XF-2 and now this. angry
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Wait, what's XF-2?

(Take it with a pinch of salt. I don't really think it's "shit", I just don't think it's too great either.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Wait, what's XF-2?

(Take it with a pinch of salt. I don't really think it's "shit", I just don't think it's too great either.)

I haven't heard it yet, but i almost know i'll most probably agree with Steven when i finally DO come around hearing it. I was never a huge fan of the composer and the comments I read about this score from people who ARE, make me worry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ...seriously, what's XF-2? I have a shit memory. (By that, obviously I mean it's not too great.)

Oh, and EVERYONE should like Star Wars. Also I'm always right. And I should be the supreme leader of the UNIVERSE! Bow down to my magnificence.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Miya wrote
    Panthera wrote
    Miya wrote
    NP: My Neighbor Totoro - Joe Hisaishi

This is my childhood.

And what a great childhood that is. All of the Ghibli films and Joe Hisaishi scores are great.

For my generation who grow up with Ghibli films, he's as important as John Williams... or maybe more. wink

For our generation. I think we're around the same age. But I'd have to say Disney is my childhood. I never knew about Ghibli films or Joe Hisaishi until several years ago.

NP: Kameo Elements of Power Medleys - Steve Burke

Excellent music. The fact that this composer is giving these three great medleys away for free on Rare's website is unheard of. All of you should take advantage of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Steven wrote
    ...seriously, what's XF-2? I have a shit memory. (By that, obviously I mean it's not too great.)

Oh, and EVERYONE should like Star Wars. Also I'm always right. And I should be the supreme leader of the UNIVERSE! Bow down to my magnificence.

rolleyes

Seems there's going to be a lot of competition for the universe....
    Guys I've told you to go easy on the booze! tongue We need more women in here definately to keep you in line!

In btw Steven,I like Star Wars! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    How dare you *hic* insinuate I've been *hic* drinking!! dizzy spin dizzy spin beer slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    I most humbly apologise! shame
    9 mouthfulls of water without breath for the hicup!!! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    biggrin

I'll give it a try.

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Cliff Eidelman

I'm in the mood for very little else while others play Guitar Hero. This is awesome film scoring! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2008
    Steven wrote
    biggrin

I'll give it a try.

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Cliff Eidelman

I'm in the mood for very little else while others play Guitar Hero. This is awesome film scoring! cool

Absolutely!!! punk