• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. justin boggan wrote
    "Kick Ass"
    John Murphy (replacing Marius DeVries, who replaced Ilan Eshkeri)
    Source: Murphy's Facebook, where he says this is his next film.

Very interesting. What's even more interesting is that Eshkeri just said in an interview at scorenotes.com that he is working in collaboration with DeVries on the movie in London, so I'm wondering if they are still involved in some way.
  2. justin boggan wrote
    "Kick Ass"

sad to read that Eshkeri was replaced, especially after his wonderful score for the director's Stardust shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Considering just as DeVries name appeared on IMDB, the mention of Eshkeri -- on his representation's site, DNA Music -- scoring the film, was deleted completely. I wonder if this is just a friendly way of saying, "They replaced my score, and at this point some may be left in".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2009
    justin boggan wrote
    "Kick Ass"

Nice!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. "The Lorax"
    John Powell
    Source: site of a musician, in his credits list; maybe a tiny bit is already done, maybe the film even got pushed back to 2012 -- who knows.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2009
    It's Dr Seuss, which mean it's probably Blue Sky, which means it's probably Powell.
  5. "3 of Us"
    Joseph S. DeBeasi
    Source: his official website. Normally a music editor on film scores, recently doing ones for J.N.H. and Glass.
  6. That's how Streitenfeld started. Interesting.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  7. Yeah, but in this case I think he's just music editing. He doesnt' seem to have any consistant composer/music editor relationship. But he has composed scores before.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009
    justin boggan wrote
    Considering just as DeVries name appeared on IMDB, the mention of Eshkeri -- on his representation's site, DNA Music -- scoring the film, was deleted completely. I wonder if this is just a friendly way of saying, "They replaced my score, and at this point some may be left in".

From what I've heard music by all three composers might very well end up in the final cut of the picture.

mc
  8. Looks like a huge mess in the making.
  9. Looks like a Michael Mann movie, lol
  10. "Titan Rain" (feature animaie film)
    Bear McCreary
    Source: his blog
  11. justin boggan wrote
    "Titan Rain" (feature animaie film)
    Bear McCreary
    Source: his blog

woohoo, Bear "Original" McCreary punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  12. The Baster
    Alex Wurman
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0889573/
    Source: Non provided

Waiting for Superman
    Christophe Beck
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1566648/
    Source: http://sundance.bside.com/2010/films/wa … 33F3F9CF32
  13. Interesting one for Beck (finally).

"The Bounty Hunter"
    George Fenton
    Source: GSA Music resume
  14. From an interview with Mark Isham, by Jim Lochner, who's written for FSM, and joined the board just a few days ago:

At this point in the interview, Skype dropped the call for the second time. I apologize that you won’t be able to read Isham’s responses from the last 60 seconds or so our of interview. But Isham kindly reminded me of his upcoming film projects with two of his favorite directors. First up, Isham will be scoring director Gavin O’Connor’s (MIRACLE, PRIDE AND GLORY) new film entitled WARRIOR. And Isham reteams with Paul Haggis (CRASH) for THE NEXT THREE DAYS, starring Russell Crowe. And what better way to wrap up the interview with Isham’s own words: “I am very excited about both!”
  15. "King of Vampires"
    Cliff Martinez & Amy Lee (of Evanescence)
    Source: none provided, but they are.

"Starfighter" (2010)
    Craig Safan
    Source: Safan himself said in an interview he would work on a sequel (he said earlier 2009). IMDB lists a film by the name for 2010, but it's not entirely sure if it's still a sequel or a remake. Either way, fans of the first film's score, have something to look forward to.

"Wings Over the Rockies"
    James Newton Howard
    Source: HoldingPictures.com -- the site of one of the film's producers -- has a listing for the film. You click on it, then on the poster, and you can see James' name clear as day.
  16. "The Killer Inside Me"
    Melissa Parmenter
    Source: agency website.

"Love In Numbers"
    Matthew Slater (who occassionally works for Barrington Pheloung)
    Source: agency website.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2009
    At this point in the interview, Skype dropped the call for the second time. I apologize that you won’t be able to read Isham’s responses from the last 60 seconds or so our of interview. But Isham kindly reminded me of his upcoming film projects with two of his favorite directors. First up, Isham will be scoring director Gavin O’Connor’s (MIRACLE, PRIDE AND GLORY) new film entitled WARRIOR. And Isham reteams with Paul Haggis (CRASH) for THE NEXT THREE DAYS, starring Russell Crowe. And what better way to wrap up the interview with Isham’s own words: “I am very excited about both!”

Not sure about this. I had an email from Mark's office a little while ago saying that he's NOT doing the new Haggis film?

mc
  17. Well, let's all consider that in the last three years we've had comments from offices/agents that were inaccurate, and in one case seeming to not be aware the composer had been replaced. I take the word from the FSM writer who spoke directly to Isham, over the office.

His site, by the way:
    http://www.filmscoreclicktrack.com
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2009
    Depends on when the interview was done, perhaps.
  18. "Black Swan" (According to Mansell in an itnerview)
    "Source Code" (it's still not a go by the studio)
    Clint Mansell
    Source: stated above.

"Even From Darkness"
    Francis Coates
    Source: his Twitter page where he says he is scoring it.

"The Runaways"
    Lillian Berlin (singer songwriter of a band)
    Source: various news articles via Google search.
  19. "Shutter Island"
    Howard Shore
    Source: non provided, looks like I was falsely lead.
  20. OK, so he is collaborating with Scorsese again. Great smile Looking forward to the movie, too.
  21. justin boggan wrote
    "Shutter Island"
    Howard Shore
    Source: non provided, but he is.

Interesting, judging by this tracklisting, I wouldn't expect too much score in the film though: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Shutter+Isl … 1&cp=1
    Strangely, Amazon is listing the soundtrack as a 2CD set: http://www.amazon.com/Shutter-Island-Mu … amp;sr=1-1
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2010
    Perhaps a Benjamin Button-esque release? Cool!
  22. Everyone I know who has seen a version of this has said they weren't sure whether there had been underscore or not. So whatever's there, don't expect it to be too in-your-face.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  23. That's because, as I understand it, score's not done yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoviescore
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2010
    December's updates at http://moviescoremagazine.com/scoreboard/ - many of them already mentioned here, but thought I'd just post anyway:

Tim Atack: Re-Uniting the Rubins • Cemetary Junction.
    Klaus Badelt: Heartbreaker • 22 Bullets • The Extra Man.
    Nathan Barr: Cotton • Open House • Peep World.
    Tyler Bates: Super.
    Christophe Beck: Waiting for Superman.
    George Fenton: The Bounty Hunter.
    Andy Garfield: Frozen.
    James Last: Dinosaurier.
    Andrea Morricone: Kiddie Ride.
    Melissa Parmenter: The Killer Inside Me.
    Chris Ridenhour: Sherlock Holmes.
    Anton Sanko: Migrations (tv).
    Alan Silvestri: The A-Team.
    Johan Söderqvist: The Revenge.
    Mathias Weber: Brooklyn to Manhattan.
    Aaron Zigman: Sex and the City 2 • Why Did I Get Married Too • The Company Men.

mc