• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2009
    I've just been out finishing X-mas shopping and some parts of Bristol are like a deadly ice-skating rink, as those here who've been here know, it's very hilly and the slightest incline has to be navigated with great care.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The beginning of the storm front is coming in which is freezing rain, yuk
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2009 edited
    sdtom wrote
    The beginning of the storm front is coming in which is freezing rain, yuk

We've got a storm here too....a snow BLIZZARD! It's nice with white Christmas and everything, but man...
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    You make me love Norway more and more Thor! wink
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    There's norway you'd catch me going there now.

okayokayokay...i've got my coat...
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    sdtom wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    The snow removal equipment in the UK is quite non-existant.

Why pay money to remove it? If you wait a bit, it removes itself tongue

Well D that would take 3 months until it warms up again. Next suggestion, please

I know. I was sarcastic about the lag of the government mechanics that someone suggested earlier wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2009
    WINTER STORM WARNING FOR CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN MINNESOTA AND PORTIONS OF WEST CENTRAL WISCONSIN STARTING TONIGHT...

.A MAJOR STORM SYSTEM PRODUCING HEAVY SNOW... POTENTIALLY NEAR RECORD IN SOME LOCATIONS... AND HAVING CONSIDERABLE IMPACTS ON HOLIDAY GROUND AND AIR TRAVEL... HAS BEGUN OVER PARTS OF SOUTHERN MINNESOTA. A BAND OF MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW WAS PUSHING INTO SOUTHERN MINNESOTA AND A FEW LOCATIONS COULD PICK OF A QUICK 2 TO 4 INCHES OF SNOW THIS EVENING. THE SNOW WILL SPREAD INTO CENTRAL MINNESOTA AND PARTS OF WEST CENTRAL WISCONSIN LATER TONIGHT.

SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS BY THURSDAY MORNING ARE EXPECTED TO BE BETWEEN THREE AND FIVE INCHES OVER SOUTHERN AND CENTRAL MINNESOTA... WITH SOMEWHAT LESSER AMOUNTS OVER WEST CENTRAL WISCONSIN.

THE SNOW WILL LAST THROUGH THURSDAY AND CHRISTMAS WITH SIGNIFICANT ACCUMULATIONS FORECAST. THESE ACCUMULATIONS WILL LIKELY BE IN EXCESS OF ONE FOOT... WITH 20 INCHES OR MORE IN SOME LOCATIONS. THE SNOW MAY MIX WITH FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET AT TIMES IN SOUTHERN MINNESOTA AND ESPECIALLY WEST CENTRAL WISCONSIN. MINOR ICE ACCUMULATIONS WILL HAPPEN WHERE THIS OCCURS. A WINTER STORM WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR ALL OF MINNESOTA AND ALL OF WESTERN WISCONSIN. WINTER STORM WARNINGS ARE IN EFFECT FOR SOUTHERN MINNESOTA TONIGHT THROUGH CHRISTMAS NIGHT... AND WARNINGS WILL BE IN EFFECT FOR CENTRAL MINNESOTA AND WEST CENTRAL WISCONSIN LATER TONIGHT THROUGH CHRISTMAS NIGHT.

THE CENTER OF THE MAJOR STORM SYSTEM WILL MOVE FROM THE SOUTHERN PLAINS THIS EVENING... TO IOWA BY CHRISTMAS MORNING AND BECOME NEARLY STATIONARY THROUGH CHRISTMAS NIGHT. THIS IS A COMPLEX SYSTEM... WITH EXPECTED PERIODIC BOUTS OF HEAVIER SNOW AT TIMES...

AND OCCASIONAL MIXES WITH SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN ACROSS SOUTHERN MINNESOTA AND WESTERN WISCONSIN. THERE WILL INEVITABLY BE PERIODS OF LIGHTER PRECIPITATION... POTENTIALLY THURSDAY MORNING... BUT NEARLY CONTINUOUS ACCUMULATING PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED FROM ONSET THROUGH CHRISTMAS NIGHT. THIS 48 TO 60 HOURS OF SNOWFALL IN MANY PLACES WILL LEAD TO THE EXTREME SNOWFALL TOTALS BY SATURDAY MORNING... PARTICULARLY FROM SOUTHWEST THROUGH CENTRAL MINNESOTA.

WINDS WILL GENERALLY BE FROM THE EAST NORTHEAST AT 15 TO 25 MPH THROUGH THURSDAY NIGHT. THESE WILL INCREASE AND TURN MORE NORTHERLY AS THE CENTER OF THE SYSTEM APPROACHES. THE HEAVY WET NATURE OF THE SNOWFALL IS LIKELY TO KEEP BLOWING SNOW RESTRICTED TO ONLY THE OPEN RURAL AREAS FOR THE FIRST HALF OF THIS EVENT.

BLOWING SNOW IS MOST PROBABLE IN WEST CENTRAL AND SOUTH CENTRAL MINNESOTA DURING THE LATTER HALF OF THE EVENT... FROM THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH CHRISTMAS NIGHT.

AS THE STORM SYSTEM CONTINUES TO DEVELOP... FORECAST SNOWFALL AMOUNTS WILL BE FURTHER REFINED. AGAIN... TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS ARE HIGHLY LIKELY TO EXCEED ONE FOOT OVER CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN MINNESOTA AND FAR WESTERN WISCONSIN... WITH SCATTERED AMOUNTS IN EXCESS OF 20 INCHES PROBABLE. THIS EVENT MAY BECOME COMPARABLE TO THE HALLOWEEN SNOW STORM OF 1991. GIVEN THE TIMING OF THIS SYSTEM... HOLIDAY ROAD AND AIR TRAVEL WILL BE SIGNIFICANTLY IMPACTED.

From the national weather service, yuk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Batton down the hatches, stock up on food and drink, and make sure you have appropriate music to listen to Tom.

We'll see you in a few months. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    We'll see you in a few months is not far from the truth. Minneapolis doesn't have a winter thaw like some areas. It usually will last into March, yikes
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Oh cripes! Then take what I said seriously Tom. shocked

Oh, and make sure you have contact with the outside world via MT. biggrin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Believe me this is quite the climate change from San Diego. I'm glad I'll have company at MT cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Otherwise a dna replicant of Steven will be digging you out of ice 4000 years from now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Wow! It's been snowing a lot and driving is difficult. It's tough to see the lanes so everyone's driving with their own assumption of where the lanes are and others are following them.
    I had to go along with a friend to the airport and bring back his car early this morning. I'm glad I survived without any incidents.

Last night was super crazy. I was invited to a friend's place for dinner. I took the wrong bus and ended up running for 2 miles in the snowstorm.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BhelPuri wrote
    Wow! It's been snowing a lot and driving is difficult. It's tough to see the lanes so everyone's driving with their own assumption of where the lanes are and others are following them.

Best recipe for accidents!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    sdtom wrote

I'm surprised you didn't contact them with the reply 'tl;dr'.
  1. lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Still nasty and icy outside.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    sdtom wrote

I'm surprised you didn't contact them with the reply 'tl;dr'.

Why? Is Clemmensen doing weather now?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote

I don't like it. My walk to the pub at lunchtime today was very treacherous. Yesterday my car got stuck on the ice in the car park at work - fortunately someone else was kind enough to help me dig it out / push me.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote

I don't like it. My walk to the pub at lunchtime today was very treacherous. Yesterday my car got stuck on the ice in the car park at work - fortunately someone else was kind enough to help me dig it out / push me.

Good old British 'Blitz spirit' and all that! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Indeed! Very nice of him, especially since he was in a rush to get home (and didn't know me from Adam). Quite amusingly, the only spade he had was a little children's plastic one - it took a while to dig all the ice away!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    A missed opportunity to make ice castles wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2009
    It is still snowing here and the forecast is for the rest of the day and tomorrow.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2009
    Got a lot worse today as it was really this heavy stuff. I'll sure be glad when this is over with.
    Thomas
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2009
    Much better here with the ice pretty much disappeared...excellent! biggrin cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Some of the heavy stuff today turned to ice and now tonight it is snowing on top of it, yikes
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tis only a matter of time before Whooly Rhinos and Mammoths show up Tom.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Today the sun is out and it is 10 degrees, hurrah