• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2009
    NP: Per Amore - Ennio Morricone

I'm on a sort of Ennio Morricone love-theme binge right now, and this album has just the right stuff. The Chopin stuff is great too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Sorry to lower the tone...

Rambo Brian Tyler

Quite enjoyable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  1. I think this is the best way to describe that score biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You must like it. You used an emoticon!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    You must like it. You used an emoticon!

I use them all the time!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    uhm
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    bunny
  2. dog
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Atham, what is your avatar now? Is it some kind of fish?
  3. Maybe Speed Racer?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Something from Stingray?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2009
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Steven wrote
    Something from Stingray?

Close. But no cigar! (so to speak)

It's actually Gerry Anderson's SUPERCAR .

It's the first of his supermarionation tv shows made in 1961.

I also have the die cast model being the geek I am! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Timmer wrote
    NP : RED SONJA - Ennio Morricone punk

cool

Great score Timmer !
    I re-watched the film just yesterday ... smile
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  4. Is it an Australian saying? It's the second time I hear/see this phrase (Close, but no cigar) and the first time it was uttered by Russell Crowe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Is it an Australian saying? It's the second time I hear/see this phrase (Close, but no cigar) and the first time it was uttered by Russell Crowe.

The phrase, and its variant 'nice try, but no cigar', are of US origin and date from the mid-20th century. Fairground stalls gave out cigars as prizes, and this is the most likely source, although there's no definitive evidence to prove that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2009 edited
    NP: Yo-Yo Ma Plays Ennio Morricone - Ennio Morricone

Probably one of the top 5 film music albums I've ever heard. What a concept. Get one of the, if not THE best cello player in the world to play new arrangements from the classic scores by Ennio Morricone. It's familiar music but a totally different experience! High marks all around. Absolutely breathtaking!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  5. 'Ecstasy of Gold' is a real standout.

I hear the original arrangements of some of those pieces these days and wonder where the cello went.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  6. Got a little in today of the CD of score from "Angel" (Robert Kral). I like what I hear. It's a lesser quality Beck/BTVS, but I'm only a tiny way in so far.

Generally I consider his work to be second rate to his mentor Christophe Beck, but he definitively did enough STRONG work to make a longer CD. It seems a disappointment to me the CD is so short and thge selections so few, and it doesn't appear much in the way of sequencing was made. Coudl have been an excellent CD if done right.

Anyway, I expect an enjoyable CD, and if you are a fan of Beck's work, you should pick this up.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  7. Erik Woods wrote

Probably one of the top 5 film music albums I've ever heard. What a concept. Get one of the, if not THE best cello player in the world to play new arrangements from the classic scores by Ennio Morricone. It's familiar music but a totally different experience! High marks all around. Absolutely breathtaking!

-Erik-

I've never seen the attraction of this CD whenever I read peoples' rave reviews. I keep going back to the clips but I'm never gripped by what I hear - even though I love the sound of the cello.

Maybe it's because the selection on the CD is not something I'm too keen on. Or perhaps it's the adaption of the music for a prominent cello part; I'm not too sure.

But I downloaded the "Ecstasy of Gold" track - as it's by far my favourite cue of the selection - and hearing it in full it certainly does have some high points. But I'll stick with the original.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I've never seen the attraction of this CD whenever I read peoples' rave reviews. I keep going back to the clips but I'm never gripped by what I hear - even though I love the sound of the cello.

Maybe it's because the selection on the CD is not something I'm too keen on. Or perhaps it's the adaption of the music for a prominent cello part; I'm not too sure.

But I downloaded the "Ecstasy of Gold" track - as it's by far my favourite cue of the selection - and hearing it in full it certainly does have some high points. But I'll stick with the original.

Good as it is I'm right with you Alan, the original is totally unbeatable, impossible to get more sublime than that.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Eric wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : RED SONJA - Ennio Morricone punk

cool

Great score Timmer !
    I re-watched the film just yesterday ... smile

The film has a cheesy/goofy charm, the score is quite simply brilliant, way more worthy than the film.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    All hail Ennio Morricone!

beer punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : POWAQQATSI - Philip Glass

Draws you right in with it's hypnotic progression.
  8. Timmer wrote
    Good as it is I'm right with you Alan, the original is totally unbeatable, impossible to get more sublime than that.

The cello recording is a LOT cleaner however. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Memoirs Of A Geisha - John Williams

Gorgeous main theme!