• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2009
    Marselus wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Bose: The Forgotten Hero - A.R. Rahman

It's Indian Republic Day here tomorrow and I'm in a patriotic mood! biggrin :salute:

BTW the exams are creeping closer and I've got a real helluva lot to study including a mountain of practice papers and about six books' worth material so I won't be able to come online much for some months. Will try to pop in on weekends sometimes though!

Good luck with the exams Ravi! wink punk

Thanks! beer
  1. Steven wrote
    Blood Diamond JNH

Better than Knight Rider. That's my Official Opinion.

I think that's one 'Better than' comparison involving BLOOD DIAMOND that I'll raise my glass to. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2009 edited
    I was playing : The Krakeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen (zimmer)

One of the reasons why I Love Zimmer. Because he can compose cool crazy shit.

I love specially when the bells and the horn riffs joins the orchestra. Of course, the Batman begins-like theme with organ for the kraken is very appropiate for this "character"

NP:Event Horizon (Kamen-Orbital)

dizzy dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    I was playing : The Krakeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen (zimmer)

Because he can compose cool crazy shit.

biggrin

Indeed.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  2. I think I'll save my opinion on "Eagle Eye"...
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    justin boggan wrote
    I think I'll save my opinion on "Eagle Eye"...

It's awesome, no?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, i am sure he'll say something in that vein!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote
    justin boggan wrote

It's awesome, no?

No, it's an average and uninspired fireworks.

More orchestra doesn't mean a good score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Pf.
  3. Nautilus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    justin boggan wrote

It's awesome, no?

+1 for accuracy.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    justin boggan wrote

It's awesome, no?

Hmmm...ok rolleyes
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Blood Diamond JNH

Better than Knight Rider. That's my Official Opinion.

LOL biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Krull you. Go listen to EAGLE EYE first, and then decide if you'll like it or not! punk Don't be biased as fuck!

"don't be biased as fuck"

Who are you referring to here D ?

If it was me I don't see how ( or where ) I've been "biased" to a score I've already mentioned I haven't heard.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Krull you. Go listen to EAGLE EYE first, and then decide if you'll like it or not! punk Don't be biased as fuck!

If it was me I don't see how ( or where ) I've been "biased" to a score I've already mentioned I haven't heard.

I think the point was that you were meant to worship it as if it's some Krull-esque masterpiece, even though you've never heard it. In fact, hearing it is probably not a good idea, since that would be unlikely to draw you towards what Demetris would consider the "right" answer! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Generally speaking, for the notion against BRIAN TYLER, especially such an energetic and fun score as EAGLE EYE is. I know you haven't heard it yet mate wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I think the point was that you were meant to worship it as if it's some Krull-esque masterpiece, even though you've never heard it. In fact, hearing it is probably not a good idea, since that would be unlikely to draw you towards what Demetris would consider the "right" answer! wink

No it was not; just open your ears and listen first, was my point, you never know how it'll come along and just because it was written by a composer like Brian Tyler, shouldn't be a forbidding element on its own. I personally hear everything in neutral, at first and have no problems admitting my displeasure with a certain score from a certain composer i usually like, e.g. The Lazarus Project by Brian Tyler in a very recent case; unlike what some like to think or joke about.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'll remember those words the next time we have a John Williams 'clone' discussion. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    ^ Steven - you're on fire!

lol

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Only his "fire" shot had nothing to do with what we're talking about. I never knew who the Afrika dude was before i heard the score, for instance. Nor will the fact that Debney produced a couple of Williams' influenced scores prevent me from listening to each and every score he makes from that point onwards in neutral.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    ^ Lighten up!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I was just yanking your chain, D.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Too much coffee today. I am off to watch more cats, urgently! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

No it was not; just open your ears and listen first, was my point, you never know how it'll come along and just because it was written by a composer like Brian Tyler, shouldn't be a forbidding element on its own. I personally hear everything in neutral, at first and have no problems admitting my displeasure with a certain score from a certain composer i usually like, e.g. The Lazarus Project by Brian Tyler in a very recent case; unlike what some like to think or joke about.

I was only joking! But preconceptions are just human nature. If you can rise above them, that's great, but the vast majority of us can't. If one hears 20 scores by a composer then one is likely to form an opinion about their future work, even if one hasn't heard it. One shouldn't, but one does. This is why if I were to buy two new scores, one by (say) Horner and one by (say) Tyler, and neither of them grabbed me all that much on first listen, I'd be far more likely to keep coming back to the Horner and giving it another chance than I would the Tyler. Over time, composers earn the right to avoid preconceptions by the quality of their work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Agree with every word you just said. Well put!

(Anyway, I doubt you'd find much merit in Eagle Eye, Timmer. As I said, you have standards! biggrin )
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What the fudge, i thought YOU liked Brian Tyler and Eagle eye?!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I love Eagle Eye's score. I enjoy much of Tyler's music, and have a huge respect for the man himself... but, as Jordi has repeatedly admitted to in the past, I can retain some sense of objectivity about my enthusiasm for certain composers and certain scores. Eagle Eye is NOT a particularly "great" score even if I enjoy it immensely. Judging by what Tim usually dislikes, it's probably fair to say he will find it hard to find much merit in Eagle Eye.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I love Eagle Eye's score. I enjoy much of Tyler's music, and have a huge respect for the man himself... but, as Jordi has repeatedly admitted to in the past, I can retain some sense of objectivity about my enthusiasm for certain composers and certain scores. Eagle Eye is NOT a particularly "great" score even if I enjoy it immensely. Judging by what Tim usually dislikes, it's probably fair to say he will find it hard to find much merit in Eagle Eye.

I'm always open to being surprised. Either way, I'm in no rush to listen to Eagle Eye and will probably eventually hear it only when I rent the DVD.

And what James said a few posts back......WORD!

NP : LARGO WINCH - Alexandre Desplat

Very much enjoying this one. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Largo Winch is a perfect example of how a modern and clever action score should sound. Kudos to Mr.Desplat, once again! punk