• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2009
    Southall wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: On The Waterfront - Leonard Bernstein

I was inspired to play this... not sure why... anyway, this is one of the greats! I'm playing the concert suite performed by the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra and the sound quality is phenomenal.

-Erik-

Am I right in saying that the actual score has never been released, even in a re-recording? I think all the recordings available are different performances of the same concert suite from the score.

I think that is the case. In ANY case it's dynamite and I would be second in line behind Tom Kiefner if this score ever gets a commercial CD release.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Star Tracks II (Erich Kunzel, Cincinnati Pops)

So I remember when I was a young lad at school I obtained this audio cassette, which was copied from someone else, featuring stunning music coming from some of my favorite Sci-fi movies. I didn't know what it was called, or who wrote the music on it, but my god it was fantastic. I guess this tape was the seed which would later grow into my love for the genre. But for years I've been trying to find the CD which featured this selection of great music and lo and behold, here it is, mainly because one Mr. Woods pointed me in the right direction when giving me some Kunzel recommendations. Truly magical to hear those awesome performances again after what must have been at least 15 years since last hearing it. Thanks again Erik.

beer punk dizzy punk beer
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    ^ You are more than welcome. Always glad to help out a fellow film music fan.

beer

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Krull - James Horner

Never did get to finish it last week. What an awesome way to start the week!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: On The Waterfront - Leonard Bernstein

I was inspired to play this... not sure why... anyway, this is one of the greats! I'm playing the concert suite performed by the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra and the sound quality is phenomenal.

-Erik-

Am I right in saying that the actual score has never been released, even in a re-recording? I think all the recordings available are different performances of the same concert suite from the score.

I think that is the case. In ANY case it's dynamite and I would be second in line behind Tom Kiefner if this score ever gets a commercial CD release.

-Erik-

I'll be third!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2009 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    ^ You are more than welcome. Always glad to help out a fellow film music fan.

beer

-Erik-

cool

Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Awesome indeed !!!!

Brainstorm (James Horner)

Krull's little cousin! Loving it!! punk

He sure doesn't make em like that anymore.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DreamTheater wrote

Yup! I hope there is something like Brianstorm, Krull, and Aliens in Avatar. I really hope it becomes one of Horner's greats!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Timmer wrote
    William wrote
    NP: On the Waterfront - Leonard Bernstein

A very interesting look into Bernstein's film scoring.

His only film score.

Yeah, I know. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Yup! I hope there is something like Brianstorm, Krull, and Aliens in Avatar. I really hope it becomes one of Horner's greats!

-Erik-

Amen bro beer

Oh, and I'm fourth in line for On The Waterfront smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Krull seems to be our Lion King!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Indeed, by KRULL! punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Adventures Of Robin Hood Erich Wolfgang Korngold

An entire film score which could hold up within a concert setting. Something tells me that's the mark of a truly great score.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

An entire film score which could hold up within a concert setting. Something tells me that's the mark of a truly great score.

Now yer talkin', what music, superlative film scoring. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Atlantis: The Lost Empire - James Newton Howard

A very fine adventure score by Howard. Sometimes I even prefer it to Dinosaur. spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

And it becomes equally annoying.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    NP: The Count of Monte Cristo - Edward Shearmur

punk cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    William wrote

punk cool

Wonderful main theme!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I don't find anything annoying with either of them!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Countless repetitions of "KRULL YEAH" or "LOVE LION KING" sentiments don't exactly make for very satisfactory reads of interest, now, do they? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Well, I suppose not, but if it's what someone's listening to then I suppose there's not much else they can say when it comes to this thread!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Man, I love Krull.

I want it to bear my babies.
    Little Krullettes.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    Man, I love Krull.

I want it to bear my babies.
    Little Krullettes.

Imagine a world in which Krull mated with The Lion King and their descendants camped outside Demetris's house - and followed him wherever he went.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, either Demetris or the two of them with their children wouldn't exist, due to a suicide of the former or a massive massacre of the other team. kill
  2. bunny
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Christodoulides wrote
    William wrote

punk cool

Wonderful main theme!

Agreed! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Countless repetitions of "KRULL YEAH" or "LOVE LION KING" sentiments don't exactly make for very satisfactory reads of interest, now, do they? wink

Exactly. Which is why we've decided to fight fire with fire!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Now yer talkin', what music, superlative film scoring. punk

And now for something even better...(IMO)

The Sea Hawk Erich Wolfgang Korngold

love
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2009 edited
    You don't wuv me?? shocked sad

ANGELO MILLI - Seven Pounds

Nice composer, needs to find a more personal musical identity though. This come across as a rather enjoyable mix of Thomas Newman's quirky side and Cliff Martinez's SOLARIS (listen to "Seven Pounds/Leaving Home" or "a good man") for instance.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

We'd have to continually post KRULL for at least a year or two before we came anywhere near the postings for The Lion King. tongue
  3. At least the members loving both scores are really cool!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website