• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2009
    Marselus wrote
    Apollo 13 (James Horner)

One of my favs from Horner. Simply superb themes and full of the Hornerisms I love. "All Systems Go - The Launch", "Re-Entry & Splashdown" and "End Credits" are three of my most beloved Horner cues ever.

Absolutely gorgeous score, from start to finish!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote

No Eagle Eye in my house!

Your great loss dear friend.

Way to save your hearing, Timmer!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You don''t like it either? shocked Comeeeeeee on....seriously.

How can you play this loud and not like it? SERIOUSLY!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: The Emperor's New Groove (Expanded Score) - John Debney

cool cool cool
    Grooooooove.
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote

That's like asking me to play any recent Tyler score loud? Why would I do such a thing? I like my hearing thank you.

I mean, you don't like Krull... what's wrong with YOU?! Seriously?!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Miya wrote
    NP: The Emperor's New Groove (Expanded Score) - John Debney

cool cool cool
    Grooooooove.

Oh cool. I didn't know about this. I'm sure its good.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote

Didn't say it wasn't! Never heard it thus no opinion.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote

Way to save your hearing, Timmer!

-Erik-

shocked

Referring to my earlier thread where I mentioned I was playing music loudly, playing loud doesn't equal playing noise!

However, like I said, I ain't heard it so I can't judge.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

That's like asking me to play any recent Tyler score loud? Why would I do such a thing? I like my hearing thank you.

I mean, you don't like Krull... what's wrong with YOU?! Seriously?!

-Erik-

WORD!
  1. I hate Krull too. One of the most overrated scores EVER, and one of Horner's most boring and "nothing" scores.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    justin boggan wrote
    I hate Krull too. One of the most overrated scores EVER, and one of Horner's most boring and "nothing" scores.

I weep for your generation! wink
  2. I weap for anyone who actually likes that crap. It goes right on the junk heap with "Enemy At the Gates".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Return To Neverland - Joel McNeely

Very enjoyable score by McNeely! Luckily Disney Records gave this one a quite good score release, and almost all tracks are real fun! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    justin boggan wrote
    I weap for anyone who actually likes that crap. It goes right on the junk heap with "Enemy At the Gates".

This from the man who was excited about a soundtrack to Knight Rider being released... wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. Yes, which is hands down better. In fact, I own four CDs of "Knight Rider" score, and plan to own a fifth that is being released ths year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Hook - John Williams

Amazing score!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    justin boggan wrote
    I hate Krull too. One of the most overrated scores EVER, and one of Horner's most boring and "nothing" scores.

Coming from a person who loves Alan Silvestri's CHiPs.

-Erik-
  4. Correct.
  5. Coming from a person who hated Alan John's THE BANK.

Oh. No one else cares. dizzy
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    I love Alan John's THE BANK!
    Great Aussie score! beer
  6. Nice to see I'm not the only one!

NP: Battlestar Galactica Season 3 (Bear McCreary)

I think McCreary has done some fine work on this show. With limited resources at his disposal, he hasn't wasted the canvas. The soloists + occasional larger forces approach works well.
    His blog is one of the best regularly updated resources on the decision-making that goes into producing scores for tv series.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    justin boggan wrote
    Yes, which is hands down better. In fact, I own four CDs of "Knight Rider" score, and plan to own a fifth that is being released ths year.

bunny
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Krull you. Go listen to EAGLE EYE first, and then decide if you'll like it or not! punk Don't be biased as fuck!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Well, if there's one thing we can all agree on, it's that Eagle Eye is better than CHiPs or Knight Rider.

If there's another thing, it's that listening to Eagle Eye when you've got Krull on your shelf would be a bit like eating a tin of sild when you've got a nice sea bass cooking away under the grill.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    ...Don't be biased as fuck!

The pot calling the kettle black! biggrin kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    Well, if there's one thing we can all agree on, it's that Eagle Eye is better than CHiPs or Knight Rider.

If there's another thing, it's that listening to Eagle Eye when you've got Krull on your shelf would be a bit like eating a tin of sild when you've got a nice sea bass cooking away under the grill.

Quite. But since none of us take Justin particularly seriously, it goes without saying.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2009 edited
    Southall wrote

Or necking a handful of sprouts when you have a great mass of cabbage steaming away. smile wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Bose: The Forgotten Hero - A.R. Rahman

It's Indian Republic Day here tomorrow and I'm in a patriotic mood! biggrin :salute:

BTW the exams are creeping closer and I've got a real helluva lot to study including a mountain of practice papers and about six books' worth material so I won't be able to come online much for some months. Will try to pop in on weekends sometimes though!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Bose: The Forgotten Hero - A.R. Rahman

It's Indian Republic Day here tomorrow and I'm in a patriotic mood! biggrin :salute:

BTW the exams are creeping closer and I've got a real helluva lot to study including a mountain of practice papers and about six books' worth material so I won't be able to come online much for some months. Will try to pop in on weekends sometimes though!

Good luck with the exams Ravi! wink punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Blood Diamond JNH

Better than Knight Rider. That's my Official Opinion.