• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    I must try this SLUMDOG score. (And see the film!)

Wrong and awful is that i'd use as well to characterize this junk. Erik; my man. I mean techno meats middle east meats Indian Music. My God what a nightmare and like that combi wasn't enough on itself, it's even DONE bad!

Nope.
    It's done pretty infectiously.

I just wanna DANCE! Look out! Here comes BHANGRA MANNNNnnn! dizzy

The Slumdog score sounds like something I MUST listen to.

Yes, but only once! vomit

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    No! no! no!
    Dance! Dance! Dance!

Yeah, OK.. I'm going overboard.
    I'm putting on some more of that gorgeous Papeghin stuff.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote

Those might work for ya.

-Erik-

Thank you! I'll give it a go...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : LA GUERRE DU FEU ( aka QUEST FOR FIRE ) - Philippe Sarde

Just brilliant! punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : Heavy Metal - Elmer Bernstein

The Taarna segments are my favourites !
    Here Bernstein introduced us to the ooo-wee-oooo sound that would seemingly show up in just about every score he’d do from this point .
    Great stuff though ...

punk
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2009 edited
    NP: The Charge of the Light Brigade - Max Steiner

This is a recording done by Richard Kaufman and the Brandenburg Philharmonic (reconstructed by John Morgan from piano/conductor scores) from the album Historical Romances released by Marco Polo. This is a generous 28 minute suite featuring the highlights from Steiner's first collaboration with Warner Bros. Steiner introduces us to a lovely waltz and love theme before unleashing the full power of the orchestra with the powerhouse - almost 10 minute long - "Charge" cue which sounds great on this recording. I can't wait to hear how William Stromberg and the Moscow Symphony handles it on their new recording.

Also on this album are suites from Korngold's Juarez and Devotion as well as a lengthy suite from Alfred Newman's Gunga Din

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2009 edited
    NP: Krull - James Horner

Ooooooh baby! Splendid! I'm playing the 1992/1994 SCSE Expanded Album playlist - a 78 minute listen featuring all the necessary highlights. Good lord - the "Firemares Theme" - or whatever it's called heard at 3:06 during "Krull Main Title and Colwyn's Arrival" - could easily be one of the greatest themes Horner has ever penned. You don't hear themes written like that for strings anymore.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Milk - Danny Elfman

Superb! 2008 was quite a year for Mr Elfman.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Missing - James Horner

Inspired by Franz. Not one of my favourite Horners, but it's very good regardless. Someone once said "I love it when a plan comes together" - I doubt it was James Horner, but it should have been. His scores are obviously so well mapped-out in advance. He's in a different league from virtually any of his fellow countrymen film composers, at least those who are alive.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Speaking of Krull, I've just noticed that at Soundtrackcollector, the 2-CD version is listed as a bootleg. Is it really?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2009
    Southall wrote
    Speaking of Krull, I've just noticed that at Soundtrackcollector, the 2-CD version is listed as a bootleg. Is it really?

Really????
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I think they must have made a mistake. It all looks to be in order, and there are reputable names in the credits. (The very fact that it has album production credits would lend credence to the fact that it isn't a bootleg - it would be an unusual album producer indeed who decided to put his name all over a bootleg!)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote

Ooooooh baby! Splendid! I'm playing the 1992/1994 SCSE Expanded Album playlist - a 78 minute listen featuring all the necessary highlights. Good lord - the "Firemares Theme" - or whatever it's called heard at 3:06 during "Krull Main Title and Colwyn's Arrival" - could easily be one of the greatest themes Horner has ever penned. You don't hear themes written like that for strings anymore.

-Erik-

KRULL is the only score I've had four different releases of the original soundtrack, starting with the LP and ending with the 2 CD set.

Exciting full blooded thematic melodic film scores rarely come better than this one.......isn't that right Demetris Christodoulides!? biggrin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    Well, here's the tracklisting from the original Southern Cross Album.

1. Riding the Fire Mares (5:24)
    2. Slayer's Attack (9:22)
    3. Widow's Web (6:20)
    4. Colwyn and Lyssa (Love Theme) (2:36)
    5. Battle on the Parapets (2:32)
    6. The Widow's Lullaby (5:10)
    7. Destruction of the Black Fortress (8:40)
    8. Epilogue and End Credits (4:48)

I listened to this selection. Blow me down, it's nothing short of magnificent! It would be nice to have the opening titles there somewhere, but I couldn't think of any sensible way of incorporating it. A perfect album flow, there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

KRULL is the only score I've had four different releases of the original soundtrack, starting with the LP and ending with the 2 CD set.

Exciting full blooded thematic melodic film scores rarely come better than this one.......isn't that right Demetris Christodoulides!? biggrin wink

Don't ask him, he clearly doesn't function within normal parameters (as they say in Star Trek) when it comes to Krull!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    I think they must have made a mistake. It all looks to be in order, and there are reputable names in the credits. (The very fact that it has album production credits would lend credence to the fact that it isn't a bootleg - it would be an unusual album producer indeed who decided to put his name all over a bootleg!)

Indeed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Too bloody right. Krull is a score not merely fit for a king, but for the GODS! (Like us.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I hereby salute all ye KRULL worshipers punk beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    And BANISH all ye who DO NOT.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  1. I should take a listen to KRULL tonight, just to see if I fit in with all your worshippers.

NP: Flesh and Blood (Poledouris)

Yay. This will do for now. Fantastic epic score.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Ice Age 2 - The Meltdown - John Powell

Terrific! One of Powell's most fun scores! punk
  2. NP: Largo Winch (Desplat)

I love the main theme, particular the performance of it in 'Anna's Death'. Definitely one of my favourite scores of the last year. Great to once again hear a range of motifs/themes for different characters/situations within the one score.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2009 edited
    NP: The Lion King 1 1/2 (Promo) - Don Harper

Not bad, not bad at all, for a ridiculous direct-to-video movie.

And Lebo M. is involved! That's the wisest decision on the whole project...

Who are Timone and Pumba btw?? I've never heard about characters with such names. slant
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  3. Well, I have finally ripped all the "Good" parts from "Eraser" 2CD, and made my first suite, which I must say turned out very well. Ended up coming with 27 minutes. First suite is 5:25, but with 27 minutes, guess there will be four or five suites, if I can make it that way. More likely some long suites.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Kiss my Krull. Pf.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    Kiss my Krull. Pf.

IF you got one, whip it out. tongue
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: Road To Perdition - Thomas Newman

Not so easy to listen as a whole album because of many underscore tracks (which are interesting though), but it's definitely a great score.

I absolutely love the opening cue and Road To Chicago piano theme.
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Miya wrote
    NP: The Lion King 1 1/2 (Promo) - Don Harper

Not bad, not bad at all, for a ridiculous direct-to-video movie.

And Lebo M. is involved! That's the wisest decision on the whole project...

Yeah, it's quite nice!
    Personally I liked the movie too (though at points it contradicted the original TLK!) and loved the ending. biggrin But personally I'd rather have a promo of Zimmer's original score in this quality! wink

NP: Hook - John Williams

Really terrific stuff in here, with amazing themes! punk