• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    p.s. you do know I was jesting? the two villains in DINOSAUR are south american dinosaurs and yet the music is mostly african influenced wink

Yep! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    Timmer wrote
    p.s. you do know I was jesting? the two villains in DINOSAUR are south american dinosaurs and yet the music is mostly african influenced wink

Of course, you've mentioned it several times before.

....I'll get my coat slant

No! You're not coming.

biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

I tend not to worry about it since it's a film with TALKING DINOSAURS. biggrin

You trying to tell me Dinosaurs didn't talk!!? angry slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Phantom Menace John Williams

This is the complete unedited version. Puts the so-called "ultimate" edition to utter shame.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

Well my 3-year old sister complained about it vehemently. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

Talk? No, that's just silly. We know this because humans recorded their activities at the time. Obviously! rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    If it wasn't for the talking part the movie would've been much better IMO. The animation was incredible!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

Talk? No, that's just silly. We know this because humans recorded their activities at the time. Obviously! rolleyes

shocked They had recording equipment 6,000 years agp!!!!? dizzy shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    If they lived 6000 years ago, how did they get extinct, according to creationists? Steven?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    If they lived 6000 years ago, how did they get extinct, according to creationists? Steven?

I suspect the person in charge of getting the Dinos on the Ark was an ancient relative of Ned Flanders and insisted on two males of each species to make sure no nookie went on wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Timmer wrote
    Bregt wrote

I suspect the person in charge of getting the Dinos on the Ark was an ancient relative of Ned Flanders and insisted on two males of each species to make sure no nookie went on wink

lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregt wrote

By magic of course.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    Here's a question to separate the sheep from the goats. Which would you prefer - THE FORGOTTEN, or MICHAEL CLAYTON?

Neither. When they go DOWN BELOW, they're at equal levels of crappiness.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: Sleepy Hollow ~ Danny Elfman
    I'm in an Elfman mood in the past few days. Moreover, it was one of my favourite stories at the university. smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE DA VINCI CODE - Hans Zimmer & Co

Exceptionally enjoyable score, this one grows on me more and more each time I play it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Jaws John Williams

Because I just need to hear a classic right now.
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    La Double Vie de Veronique Zbigniew Preisner

Because I just need to hear a classic right now. (sorry for stealing your line)
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Just played :

The Three Musketeers - Michael Kamen

Adventurous music at its absolute best !

NP : The Delta Force - Alan Silvestri

I just love this OST !
    I had the Milan LP for years and I replaced it with the Milan CD release a few years after .
    I got hold of the Intrada release only recently and I'm a happy guy now ... :o)

The Delta Force Main Title sticks in your mind like glue and I really don't mind that the theme is re-used several times again in other tracks like Rescue for example .
    The more dramatic tracks like Three American Marines , The Selections etc ... really get under your skin ... The track Algiers totally rocks in my book , I can play this one endlessly .

Silvestri performed the whole score on the Synclavier Digital Music System .
    If you like synth scores , you can't go wrong with this one !

punk
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE LAST VALLEY - John Barry

One of my all time favourite Barry scores, the choral writing is ezquisite, beautiful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote

One of my all time favourite Barry scores, the choral writing is ezquisite, beautiful.

Oh yes... what a great! "Death of the Captain" is one of my all-time favourite pieces of film music. Unbelievably good.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote

Oh yes... what a great! "Death of the Captain" is one of my all-time favourite pieces of film music. Unbelievably good.

Isn't it just.

Just wondering which version you prefer if any James? I love the original but there's so much extra great music on the Silva release that I find myself playing that one more.
  1. Back to this JNH dispute, I'm sure everyone can agree that we'd love to hear 25 more great scores from him. (Though I'm not sure we'd agree on what a great score was.)

Joep wrote
    La Double Vie de Veronique Zbigniew Preisner

Because I just need to hear a classic right now. (sorry for stealing your line)

And a classic it is.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Slumdog Millionaire - A.R. Rahman (& friends)

You know what? I like it.
    I really like it.

There's the "Indian sound" I've gushed over before, but mixed in infectiously with almost techno, hip-hop and R&B percussion elements to create a weird Occidental-Bollywood concoction that nevertheless is quite irresistible. Great production on the CD (I love the stereo mixes on the tablas) and an evenhanded balance between the new and the old, the traditional (Indian) sound and the dance beats make this a very enjoyable experience!

While I don't agree with the jury's decision, it's not hard to see why this won a Golden Globe: it's a very easy stand-alone listen, energetic and mixing modern elements with traditional ones. And in that way it's more coherent than most of the scores that have come out last year (keeping in mind that soundtracks to the "unintiated" are generally a boring or at the very least a challenging listen).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Bolt - John Powell

Seriously addicted to Bolt Transforms, Scooter Chase, A Fast Train and Rescuing Penny!

Oh me too. I come back to this score all the time. And knowing there is an academy promo out there makes me really jealous.
  2. Panthera wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Seriously addicted to Bolt Transforms, Scooter Chase, A Fast Train and Rescuing Penny!

Oh me too. I come back to this score all the time. And knowing there is an academy promo out there makes me really jealous.

while I find it a fun score, it can't keep my enthralled like his other scores for Robots or Evolution
    Perhaps it is just me
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Panthera wrote
    DemonStar wrote

while I find it a fun score, it can't keep my enthralled like his other scores for Robots or Evolution
    Perhaps it is just me

Likewise. Until (if) that academy promo ever comes out, it will never quite reach the right spot on CD...
  3. I must try this SLUMDOG score. (And see the film!)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote

I really like it.

There's the "Indian sound" I've gushed over before, but mixed in infectiously with almost techno, hip-hop and R&B percussion elements to create a weird Occidental-Bollywood concoction that nevertheless is quite irresistible. Great production on the CD (I love the stereo mixes on the tablas) and an evenhanded balance between the new and the old, the traditional (Indian) sound and the dance beats make this a very enjoyable experience!

While I don't agree with the jury's decision, it's not hard to see why this won a Golden Globe: it's a very easy stand-alone listen, energetic and mixing modern elements with traditional ones. And in that way it's more coherent than most of the scores that have come out last year (keeping in mind that soundtracks to the "unintiated" are generally a boring or at the very least a challenging listen).

Absolutely. I love this too. It's easy to be snooty about the Globes decision (and much though I like it, there were several better scores last year) but this is great music, it serves its film as well as any score could, and it's the sort of thing which has great "crossover" appeal and is likely to sell to a lot of people who wouldn't ordinarily buy a film score album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote

Isn't it just.

Just wondering which version you prefer if any James? I love the original but there's so much extra great music on the Silva release that I find myself playing that one more.

I usually find myself listening to the Silva release too... but of course the original is also great! How wonderful it is to have a choice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2009 edited
    Southall wrote
    Martijn wrote

I really like it.

Absolutely. I love this too. It's easy to be snooty about the Globes decision (and much though I like it, there were several better scores last year) but this is great music, it serves its film as well as any score could, and it's the sort of thing which has great "crossover" appeal and is likely to sell to a lot of people who wouldn't ordinarily buy a film score album.

I'm curious to hear this now. Not interested, but curious. I'll go and downloa- um, buy it now. rolleyes