• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2009
    On March 23rd 2009 Varese Sarabande is announcing their new club titles... what to expect?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Lots of complaints from almost everyone.

I would be happiest if they release four things that have no interest whatsoever for me (for financial reasons). Sadly they have a higher batting average than the other labels of late, in terms of releasing things that appeal to me. (That used to be Intrada, but some of the stuff they've been doing... the mind boggles!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Fortunately for me, there have been hardly any of these CD Club or other special releases that truly interested me. I have bought only one CD Club release so far: Joe vs the Volcano back in 2002. And the first Intrada Special Collection release that interested me was Honey, I Shrunk the Kids. (OK, I missed A Far OfF Place and Morricone's Sahara but I had no internet access back then)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote

I would be happiest if they release four things that have no interest whatsoever for me (for financial reasons). Sadly they have a higher batting average than the other labels of late, in terms of releasing things that appeal to me. (That used to be Intrada, but some of the stuff they've been doing... the mind boggles!)

I'm with you. I really hope it's nothing I have GOT to have. ( with electric and gas bills to pay funds are low for me )
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Say, can they release just about anything they want in these "Club Title" releases or are they simply an extended/reworked/remastered version of a score which they got the rights to release earlier?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Fortunately for me, i don't give a damn.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote

Thinking of the landmark scores the VS Club has released, I'd be surprised if that's really true.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Sylvos wrote
    Say, can they release just about anything they want in these "Club Title" releases or are they simply an extended/reworked/remastered version of a score which they got the rights to release earlier?

They can do anything. These days it seems that they have stopped releasing anything other than current scores as "regular" releases, so everything else would be in scope for the Club.
  1. Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Thinking of the landmark scores the VS Club has released, I'd be surprised if that's really true.

Yeah, what about the recent Matrix release?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2009 edited
    'Xcept for those wink shame
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    There are fewer golden age releases that really push my buttons anymore. I'm honestly more interested in the Morgan and Fitzpatrick releases.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    sdtom wrote
    There are fewer golden age releases that really push my buttons anymore. I'm honestly more interested in the Morgan and Fitzpatrick releases.
    Thomas

I get the impression that most of the good ones that can be released, probably have been. We're probably now at the stage of waiting to see if any more tapes are discovered and/or studio doors get opened. If Intrada has got a way "in" to Universal then that may open up some opportunities.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Agree James 100%. "Shane" comes to mind as a possible.
  2. it is time Varese brings us good exciting music, the must to have CD's considering Intrada has graced us with so much quality, it will be hard to top that.

I don't expect anything good, so I can only be positively surprised cheesy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    I haven't picked up the expanded Matrix score so I'll be happy if I find something to combine with the Matrix order. I want Morricone or Delerue!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2009
    I dont have any money but if is a Goldsmith or maybe Conti's Right Stuff Ill have to go looking under the couch for it.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2009
    I think the incentive to buy along with the economy is going to make it a little more difficult
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2009
    We'll know in 6 hrs and 30 min.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

I'm with you. I really hope it's nothing I have GOT to have. ( with electric and gas bills to pay funds are low for me )

slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I hope they're some modern (post 1980) scores.
  3. I jsut hope what ever they are, they're still here tomorrow afternoon. Going to bed now, getting up to go walking, won't be online for another 13 or more hours.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    dizzy
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Money saved again this year.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh, I dunno. Gotta say that that Nightwing theme sounds damn seductive!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Uhu... interessting.
    Barry, Waxman and Newton Howard are ordered.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    If Hanover Street hadn't been there, I doubt I'd have ordered any... but it was... and there's no point ordering just one CD, is there? So Waxman and Mancini ordered too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Yes, Hanover Street!!! I've been hoping that this would see the light of day sometime - the others don't interest me though.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    :-) That's the spirit, Southall.
    I did kind of the same math...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anyway, the titles are:

Hanover Street - John Barry (which has a truly GREAT theme)
    Nightwing - Henry Mancini
    Lure of the Wilderness - Franz Waxman
    Russkies (aka Scraping the Barrel) - James Newton Howard
  4. I have resisted. smile
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am