• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2009 edited
    NP : PLAYING BY HEART - John Barry

One of my very favourite late night scores....utterly gorgeous cool

Oh, and Erik wave This is one I missed on your jazz list.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2009
    NP: Gladiator - Hans Zimmer & Lisa Gerrard

Good score! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Agreed, the best looking dog I've ever seen was a Husky. Want!

Huskies Schmuskies..........now go play BALTO.

Horner and husky-wolves. For me, it rarely gets better. cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

See, it's easy to get off topic back on topic wink

It's about time someone released White Fang.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    NP : PLAYING BY HEART - John Barry

One of my very favourite late night scores....utterly gorgeous cool

Oh, and Erik wave This is one I missed on your jazz list.

And on to another fantastic late listen.......

NP : PETULIA - John Barry

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Timmer wrote
    It's about time someone released White Fang.

I want White Fang too! I really like the main theme. It's stuck in my head since I was a kid.

NP: BOLT - John Powell

More doggies! I can't wait to see the movie (and unseal the promo album folder wink) in AUGUST sad
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  1. NP: Solaris (Edward Artemyev)

Those who don't like abstract electronic music need not apply.

Those that do, on the other hand - prepare to be filled with awe.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Someone's posted youtube videos from Regarding Henry with the rejected score by Delerue. Holy cowabunga! This is like Dien Bien Phu part 2. Such deep and passionate stuff! If that's what he composed for the film then I can see why it was rejected. But I cannot wait for it to be released someday. The Paramount vault has been opened a bit hasn't it? One can dream!
  2. NP: Penelope (Max Richter)

Among the joys of being a music editor is that you end up knowing the music almost as well as the guy who put it together.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Miya wrote
    NP: BOLT - John Powell

More doggies! I can't wait to see the movie (and unseal the promo album folder wink) in AUGUST sad

You've sealed the folder? Why???

What I'm trying to say, is give in! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

Totally agree!

I love Huskies but I love my Alaskan Malamute "Max" more! Check out my profile picture. I think Balto is his favorite film and score too!cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Played:

Chiara e Francesco - Marco Frisina
    The usual stunning melodic stuff rom the composer. With amazing choir work this time.

Enemy at the Gates - James Horner
    One of the Horner scores I still have to get used to. The main theme(s) are great but somehow I fail to follow the action and tension music, which has a great amount of on the CD. I think the first track, The River Crossing to Stalingrad" is probably Horner's most lengthy track with its 15+ minutes runnung time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Atham wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

Totally agree!

I love Huskies but I love my Alaskan Malamute "Max" more! Check out my profile picture. I think Balto is his favorite film and score too!cheesy

Lovely dog! He's a bit old though?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    keky wrote

One of the Horner scores I still have to get used to. The main theme(s) are great but somehow I fail to follow the action and tension music, which has a great amount of on the CD. I think the first track, The River Crossing to Stalingrad" is probably Horner's most lengthy track with its 15+ minutes runnung time.

I just love that score! It's one of my favorite Horner's, that main theme is highly addictive and i can't help but to enjoy in full fun the unstoppable parade of the 4-note danger motif! © biggrin
  3. Thanks for the husky videos, I had a good laugh. So adorable. Our dog does that too, the howling thing, but she doesn't sing to Gwen Stefani, nor does she say 'I love you'. dizzy

Huskies are COOL !

Night Crossing (Jerry Goldsmith)

Sweet!!!!!! beer
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Christodoulides wrote
    Atham wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

Totally agree!

Yeah. He turns 10 later this year! Unless you mean ME next to him! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote
    A much better Up playlist (until we can see the movie probably):

The Spirit Of Adventure
    Up With Titles
    Married Life
    Carl Goes Up
    Paradise Found
    The Nickel Tour
    Kevin Beak'n
    52 Cachki Pickup
    Three Dog Dash
    Walkin' The House
    We're In The Club Now
    Giving Muntz The Bird
    Canine Conundrum
    The Explorer Motel
    Escape From Muntz Mountain
    Seizing The Spirit Of Adventure
    The Small Mailman Returns
    Memories Can Weigh You Down
    Stuff We Did
    It's Just A House
    Up With End Credits
    The Ellie Badge

smile

Do you like it?

"Seizing Spirit of the Adventue" is a terrific track! i love this old fashined "spirit of adventure" music. Reminds me some music from Jerry's King Solomon's mines.

I hope that track and "enterprising young men" in Ubeda punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    Thanks for the husky videos, I had a good laugh. So adorable. Our dog does that too, the howling thing, but she doesn't sing to Gwen Stefani, nor does she say 'I love you'. dizzy

Huskies are COOL !

Night Crossing (Jerry Goldsmith)

Sweet!!!!!! beer

Night Crossing is a great score. I really should make a list of 'scores to play that I've neglected for too long' shame
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    keky wrote

I just love that score! It's one of my favorite Horner's, that main theme is highly addictive and i can't help but to enjoy in full fun the unstoppable parade of the 4-note danger motif! © biggrin

And then there are scores that I should just retire forever.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    keky wrote

I pretty much gave up on this one. Could never get into it; and the daunting album length means I haven't got round to trying it again for years. It'll be in my next batch of 500 to throw away, I suspect.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Southall wrote
    keky wrote

I pretty much gave up on this one. Could never get into it; and the daunting album length means I haven't got round to trying it again for years. It'll be in my next batch of 500 to throw away, I suspect.

Well, it's not one of Horner's highlights, that's for sure, but I definitely wouldn't throw it away. It has enough good moments that make it worth keeping - presuming, you don't have thousands of CDs on the shelves...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    keky wrote
    Southall wrote
    keky wrote

Well, it's not one of Horner's highlights, that's for sure, but I definitely wouldn't throw it away. It has enough good moments that make it worth keeping - presuming, you don't have thousands of CDs on the shelves...

It'll definitely get a last play from me before I decide whether to keep it or bin it? With so many GREAT Horner scores on my shelf this one rarely gets played, in fact, almost never.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    4 tracks that are definitely worth keeping from that score, IMO, are:

The River Crossing To Stalingrad
    Vassili's Fame Spreads
    Betrayal
    Tania (End Credits)

..and still makes for over 30 minutes of listening!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'll be sure to give those tracks my attention Steven. I'll not dismiss the album until I give it another try.

I do love the film though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    I'll be sure to give those tracks my attention Steven. I'll not dismiss the album until I give it another try.

Well, its director wants to be reincarnated as John Williams, which makes you wonder why Williams didn't do the film.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote

Well, its director wants to be reincarnated as John Williams, which makes you wonder why Williams didn't do the film.

Really?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote

Really?

Read the Seven Years in Tibet liner notes!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    "if I believed in reincarnation as the Tibetans do, my wish would be to come back as someone like John Williams"

Maybe he was talking about the guitarist? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote

Hmm, I think I'd add 'A Sniper's War' to that playlist too (and my advice is listen to it in that form rather than listening out for those tracks in the entire album). Comes to a nice round 40 minutes. Anyway, whenever you listen to it, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts, this score seems a little under-appreciated round these 'ere parts... probably because it's such a long album and has the infamous Four Note Danger Motif™.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Atham wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Atham wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

Totally agree!

Yeah. He turns 10 later this year! Unless you mean ME next to him! wink

biggrin