• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Martijn wrote
    <lost all interest in Solaris and goes seeking out 48 hours>

Yeah, like they are perfectly comparable rolleyes

shocked
    Not a bit of it!

From Timmer's description it's pretty clear to me that Solaris is bucket while 48 hours is Aphrodite!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2009
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:GI JOE (Silvestri)

mmm....

All the Silvestri tricks put together tongue For better or for worst.

Agreed. But "The JOEs Mobilize" is cool punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yes, I have the FSM ....

NP : STAR TREK II : THE WRATH OF KHAN - James Horner

Holy shit! dizzy dizzy dizzy

punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Erik Woods wrote

There are greater tracks in Temple. tongue

-Erik-

Are you talking about recent release of Temple of Doom? if yes, i haven't listened to Temple of Doom extended version. But in first release, i am not impressed with score. There are many cues and tracks missing. But in new edition, i can see more tracks. Unfortunately, this new score edition have not yet released in my country. cry
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    Lionheart:

Yes, I´ve seen a german dubbed version of the movie.

Once.

Which is a exactly one more time than I wished I had seen it.

The editing is lousy, indeed, and the score butchered and flailed and whipped and ... you get the picture. There is hardly anything worth watching in it, unless you´re a geek for anything remotely medieval.

Solaris:

An incredible score that totally enhances the experience of the movie. They complement each other quite nicely, but I had lots of people complaining after some time when I play the album alone. It can get on your nerves. Not mine, though.

(And yes, I know both the original movie and score are way superior.)

(And yes, I know the book is vastly superior.)

(And no, I don´t care. I LOVE Soderberg´s version. The audio commentary with him and Cameron is great, full of nice info about a lot of things. And we have Daniel Farraday in it, who´s only slightly more nuts than he´s in LOST.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sunil wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

There are greater tracks in Temple. tongue

-Erik-

Are you talking about recent release of Temple of Doom? if yes, i haven't listened to Temple of Doom extended version. But in first release, i am not impressed with score. There are many cues and tracks missing. But in new edition, i can see more tracks. Unfortunately, this new score edition have not yet released in my country. cry

I'm talking about the score as a whole. More tracks on an album doesn't make it better. However, in this case I think Temple will be an eye opener for you!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    And we have Daniel Farraday in it, who´s only slightly more nuts than he´s in LOST.)

....but with the same look of "I shouldn´t have smoked so much of that shit" in his face.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  1. Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    But it is very minimalist Martijn. Don't expect them being banged away like in Horner's score to 48 Hours.

<lost all interest in Solaris and goes seeking out 48 hours>
    punk biggrin bhangra

A beautiful post. Perfect in every way!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Dinosaur - James Newton Howard

The wonderful themes of this lovely album have been stuck in my head today, now obliging by playing it out loud. Love, love it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Just finished with the latter half of Temple of Doom I can't say anything that will do that score justice. Brilliance from start to finish!

moving on to...

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan - James Horner

Again, there is nothing I can say that will do this phenomenal score and phenomenal release by Retrograde Records justice! It's film music at it's all time best!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You are right Erik, nothing to say...........except, Play. It. Again.

punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ralph Kruhm wrote

Is it? The score i mean; only Franz claims such things wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Bolt (powell)

I can't say I prefer this one over his most crazy animation scores (For example, Horton). But Bolt is a great come back to his more balanced style we heard In Paycheck or Evolution.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Yup, really fun score. Great main theme and very good action writing too. Love it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I spent a good 30 minutes sifting through my massive collection looking for something to follow up my brilliant morning listen of Temple of Doom and Wrath of Khan. You just can't pick any score to play after listening to those two masterworks. As I got down to the G's in the artist field I came upon the last name Gordon. Ah, Christopher Gordon. This is one composer that always puts smile on my face and never fails to entertain. He has an uncanny gift for melody, with an even more uncanny gift to honestly touch your soul... if you believe in that sort of thing. His music is so emotionally charged and yet so goddamn technically masterful! I'm currently spinning his brilliant Commonwealth Games music and his heroic Rugby World Cup music. Afterward, I'm going to spin a few Gordon unreleased gems such as his wildly entertaining romp in stop motion animation with his 12 minute gem, Ward 13.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote

I can't speak for the original film which I haven't seen but Artemev's score is very good though very different from Martinez. I wouldn't call it superior.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    I spent a good 30 minutes sifting through my massive collection looking for something to follow up my brilliant morning listen of Temple of Doom and Wrath of Khan. You just can't pick any score to play after listening to those two masterworks. As I got down to the G's in the artist field I came upon the last name Gordon. Ah, Christopher Gordon. This is one composer that always puts smile on my face and never fails to entertain. He has an uncanny gift for melody, with an even more uncanny gift to honestly touch your soul... if you believe in that sort of thing. His music is so emotional charged and yet so goddamn technically masterful! I'm currently spinning his brilliant Commonwealth Games music and his heroic Rugby World Cup music. Afterward, I'm going to spin a few Gordon unreleased gems such as his wildly entertaining romp in stop motion animation with his 12 minute gem, Ward 13.

-Erik-

If I were a film director Gordon would be near the very top of my want list to compose the music.

With the Hooper's and the like what the frig is up with directors not choosing far better composers for their films?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    Christodoulides wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote

I have no idea; I never read the book, I´ve never seen the classic movie, and the score evaded me, too. I just asumed that there would be someone out there stating that immediately. biggrin
  2. Hans Zimmer - Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Great fun, finally Zimmer writing and adventure rather than another Crimson Tide rehash. Best of the series, hands down.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Hans Zimmer - Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Great fun, finally Zimmer writing and adventure rather than another Crimson Tide rehash. Best of the series, hands down.

My second favourite score ever, and one of the best scores of the decade.

Album + suites, of course.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    What I really really want to do is play Star Trek II again but I'm determined not to wear it out so....

NP : THE VALLEY OF GWANGI - Jerome Moross

Brilliant! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : PAYCHECK - John Powell

Very good punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    Erik Woods wrote
    ...I'm going to spin a few Gordon unreleased gems such as his wildly entertaining romp in stop motion animation with his 12 minute gem, Ward 13...

After having listened to Indiana Jones, Ward 13 is a logical choice!

TRAILER (includes original music from Gordon)
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobinson
    Listening to Giacchino's Up and the gorgeous track called "Stuff we did".
    This is a great score that I personally have enjoyed very very much...
    Robinson
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Hello Robinson wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Nicholas Hooper

Nowhere near as bad as some have said - its problem comes when you think what it might have been in the hands of someone else.
  3. Timmer wrote

punk

Still waiting for my own copy to arrive. Maybe tomorrow?

Along with this are two Goldsmith CDs featuring music I'm not too familiar with, so even with Goldsmith gone there are still new releases for me to try.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobinson
    Hi Tim!..So good to see you again.
    Hope you are doing well my friend!!
    Robinson
  4. Southall wrote
    Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Nicholas Hooper

Nowhere near as bad as some have said - its problem comes when you think what it might have been in the hands of someone else.

I quite like the more intimate tracks Hooper wrote. Tracks such as "When Ginny Kissed Harry".
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

punk

Still waiting for my own copy to arrive. Maybe tomorrow?

Along with this are two Goldsmith CDs featuring music I'm not too familiar with, so even with Goldsmith gone there are still new releases for me to try.

I received a parcel today featuring Star Trek II and two Goldsmith albums featuring music I'm not too familiar with. (Haven't listened to any of them yet.) I promise it IS the one I ordered and not yours!