• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2010
    Those said security bugs are NEVER, EVER covered by microsoft updates, but by a good antivirus / firewall system in the first place. If you walk the internet, and plug usb flash disks and external hard disks from other people in your pc without an antivirus but rely on windows themselves (even fully updated) to cover your ass, then you're in deep shit.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I certainly wasn't advocating relying on Windows alone, but the patches do patch things that no antivirus can, don't they? Or don't they?
  1. I know you can configure Automatic Updates so you the system asks you if you want to download any, if you don't want to, you uncheck them and that's that, you won't be bothered by them again. But if you do, the system then asks you whether you want to install them now, or at a later time. So you won't ever be surprised by a sudden reboot.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Christodoulides wrote
    Uninstall EVERYTHING, ALWAYS with Revo Uninstaller. No left-overs intentionally left from the programs if you just uninstall them via windows. Hassle-free.

As for updates, be careful when applying if you don't want to turn them off completely (i can't imagine why, but still). Always backup before installing and restart if you don't want to run into loosing data after nasty black / blue screen of deaths after rebooting or "bootmgr corrupted / missing" messages.

Good advice as far as I was concerned 'D'. I have some sort of virus protection through my wireless net provider that seems to be perfect for my needs.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    As far as the headphones are concerned we have another story. Two places won't let me listen as they didn't want to open the box and got upset when I walked out of their store.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2010
    Southall wrote
    I certainly wasn't advocating relying on Windows alone, but the patches do patch things that no antivirus can, don't they? Or don't they?

Supposedly they do, but most it professionals say that they do absolutely nothing and only by a good antivirus and a "careful where you step onto" behaviour these problems can be avoided.
  2. I believe this is one of my only entries in this thread, and I hope it stays that way. I don't like to be annoyed and I generally try to avoid being annoyed. But today I like to make an exception.

I am annoyed at the two youngsters who decided that they should best spend their evening mugging me after I came back from a Maintitles meeting with Bregt, Thomas and Marie-Lise.

They smashed the window of my car in while I was standing at a red light and stole my handbag (with money, credit and debit cards, drivers license, ID card, the works). So now on Monday I will be spending my time going through all the admin nonsense of procuring all the necessary paperwork.

I am annoyed slant

I need some MT love. shame

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2010 edited
    That sucks! soapbox

Hugs and more!
    kiss wave kiss
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2010
    Same from me too Elin kiss

Little toerags need a kicking! angry
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2010 edited
    How awful! What a crappy thing to experience!

MT huggin' -> http://www.foresterclub.gr/images/smili … ns/hug.gif

Peter
  3. Thank you guys. This was just what I needed.

Helps get rid of the idea that MT can be harmful to one's health wink.

Elin
  4. Hugs, hugs!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2010
    Oh this is extremely annoying; hope you get over the bureaucratic procedures on Monday very quickly and really, this is one of the cases where i truly believe in carma; those bastards will probably get the Sunil cancer treatment so don't worry. That, or small dicks.
  5. Thank you Pawel, the hugs are very welcome.

And Demetri, you had me laughing out loud there for a moment. I needed that.

Thank you all it's really at moments like this, when you have just felt utterly alone and isolated, that it feels good to experience being part of the community.

Sending you all grateful love back.

Elin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    angry Son of a bitch bastard monkey ass wipe mutoid limpdicks!

Sorry for this Elin. It's not even the theft -annoying as that is-, I guess, but the shock of some amoral primal sea slime invading your safety and privacy that is most traumatic. sad You didn't deserve this, and I most sincerely hope the closet cumswapping cunts met with a truly horrific accident making their escape (key words: freeway faulty traffic lights, slippery ice, snow plow with slightly rusty blades, highly exposed specifically male appendages).

And much warmth and comfort to you, Elin! kiss beer :hugz:
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh, this is why i like Martijn biggrin

Elin, team hug here! kisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskisskiss
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2010 edited
    I've never been mugged myself but I know people who have ( including my own lady, Mel angry ), unfortunately almost all the stories have no happy ending with no one being brought to justice........except for one, my best friend, Roy, was attacked by two men as he walked home late at night, unfortunately for them, Roy was an exceptional amatuer boxer and smashed one of them totally senseless, the other one, the guys "friend" ran away as cowards always do.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2010 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    That, or small dicks.

lol

You've made my day D.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Sorry to hear about it Elin. Hope the bastards get what they deserve. angry

A hug from me too to make it better! kiss
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  6. Elin, that's plain awful, what should've been a great day turned into frustration at the end. I'm sorry to hear this. sad And was that in Brussels you got handbag-jacked?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2010
    Timmer wrote
    I've never been mugged myself but I know people who have ( including my own lady, Mel angry ), unfortunately almost all the stories have no happy ending with no one being brought to justice........except for one, my best friend, Roy, was attacked by two men as he walked home late at night, unfortunately for them, Roy was an exceptional amatuer boxer and smashed one of them totally senseless, the other one, the guys "friend" ran away as cowards always do.

Has anyone else here ever been mugged?
  7. Never been mugged. I got beaten up once though.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Woah; that's worse, i think...what happened?
  8. DreamTheater wrote
    Elin, that's plain awful, what should've been a great day turned into frustration at the end. I'm sorry to hear this. sad And was that in Brussels you got handbag-jacked?

Yep, in Brussels at a red light after leaving the underground parking I was parked to go to the MT meeting.

PawelStroinski wrote
    Never been mugged. I got beaten up once though.

Sending you now a hug in return... kiss

Elin
  9. Skating_Lientje wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Elin, that's plain awful, what should've been a great day turned into frustration at the end. I'm sorry to hear this. sad And was that in Brussels you got handbag-jacked?

Yep, in Brussels at a red light after leaving the underground parking I was parked to go to the MT meeting.

Elin

It's a rotten city, and I always check for suspicious people when I'm driving through it late. But luckily I don't have too many red lights and the roads aren't obscure or isolated. What angers me is you go there once, to have a good time and something like that happens. crazy

Anyway take care, m'lady !
  10. Not annoying really - just up in the air.

Christmas travel plans still very much weather dependent.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    All Christmas plans here cancelled due to the lack of moneys wink
  11. Skating_Lientje wrote
    I believe this is one of my only entries in this thread, and I hope it stays that way. I don't like to be annoyed and I generally try to avoid being annoyed. But today I like to make an exception.

I am annoyed at the two youngsters who decided that they should best spend their evening mugging me after I came back from a Maintitles meeting with Bregt, Thomas and Marie-Lise.

They smashed the window of my car in while I was standing at a red light and stole my handbag (with money, credit and debit cards, drivers license, ID card, the works). So now on Monday I will be spending my time going through all the admin nonsense of procuring all the necessary paperwork.

I am annoyed slant

I need some MT love. shame

Elin

jeezus, it goes to show you're never fully safe anywhere.

Elin, my deepest and most profound hugs for you girl kiss
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Not annoying really - just up in the air.

Christmas travel plans still very much weather dependent.

Great Britain...........pah! rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    Skating_Lientje wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Elin

It's a rotten city, and I always check for suspicious people when I'm driving through it late. But luckily I don't have too many red lights and the roads aren't obscure or isolated. What angers me is you go there once, to have a good time and something like that happens. crazy

Anyway take care, m'lady !

Is carjacking a common thing in Brussels?