• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2012
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    A question for any knowledgeable types.

If a composer's publicity people offer to send me "a screener" what does that actually mean? A copy of the film for viewing?

Yes.

Sometimes with a watermark that occasionally appears as text in the film ("Property of Warner Bros." etc.).
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Cheers!

And, no, it isn't Ridley Scott's Prometheus before anyone asks!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Cheers!

And, no, it isn't Ridley Scott's Prometheus before anyone asks!

biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Thor wrote
    christopher wrote
    I started watching FIREFLY for the first time. I loved SERENITY and hadn't seen any of the original TV episodes on which it was based. So far I haven't seen an episode as good as the film (I'm 5 episodes in), but I'm really enjoying it.

It's a brilliant show that was cut off prematurely (like 99% of my favourite shows).

the show is indeed not as good as the film, but I just adore those characters. Makes up for the lack of action perhaps, but there are a couple of great episodes in the series nonetheless

by the way, see the firefly topic for 3 short but hilarious panel conversations between the cast smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    William wrote
    Just saw Hitchcock's Vertigo. WOW... shocked One of the most moving scores I've ever heard, too.

Get the McNeely re-recording if you don't own it already!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    yeah
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Erik Woods wrote
    William wrote
    Just saw Hitchcock's Vertigo. WOW... shocked One of the most moving scores I've ever heard, too.

Get the McNeely re-recording if you don't own it already!

-Erik-

Got it last night! smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2012
    I'm gonna go see THE AVENGERS next week, early reviews are very possitive.
  3. I'm definitely gonna see The Avengers, looks like it's gonna be an entertaining ride
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2012
    As a lifelong Marvel fan THE AVENGERS is a wet dream come true.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2012 edited
    THE AVENGERS 1978 stylee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0jBF912xYY

Thanks to Sarge at FSM for posting this, some of it is quite funny and Hawkeye is inspired wink
  4. The Avengers

Astoundingly, unbelievably good!! It's amazing how Joss Whedon juggles so many characters to create such a satisfying whole, the most fun I've had in the cinema for a very long time. I thought the score worked great in context too.
  5. Oh, and 'Hulk, Smash!!!!'
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2012
    So the 95% reviews over at rottentomatoes aren't over-blowing it?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  6. I loved it, great fun! I've already arranged to go and see it again tomorrow night!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Woah drop some extra money over here smile)))
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    John Chambers wrote
    The Avengers

Astoundingly, unbelievably good!! It's amazing how Joss Whedon juggles so many characters to create such a satisfying whole, the most fun I've had in the cinema for a very long time. I thought the score worked great in context too.

Oh I can't wait to see this! ( next Tuesday night )

Did you see it in 3D John and is it worth making that effort?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Hey D, did you go and see Battleshit?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nop i kept my much precious money instead smile Anyone saw it?
  7. The score puts me off seeing it.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  8. I'm gonna check it out as soon as I can smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The score should be mindless fun in the cinema too smile
  9. haven't heard it yet, so I'll hear it soon
  10. Timmer wrote

Oh I can't wait to see this! ( next Tuesday night )

Did you see it in 3D John and is it worth making that effort?

No I deliberately went to see it in 2D, I do like good 3D but I knew this was shot 2D on the Arri Alexa and converted in post and I didn't think the conversion added anything to Marvel's previous 2 films, just the opposite in fact. I might see it again in 3D some time out of curiosity but I wanted to see it 'clean' this time. Where are you seeing it Tim? I saw it projected in 4K at Cabot Circus and it looked astounding (anyone who writes the Alexa off because of it's resolution is a fool, it looked as good as anything I've seen shot 4K).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It'll be at Cabot Circus for me too. I think I'll take your advice and give the 3D a miss unless I hear possitively otherwise.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2012
    Saw it in 3D last night only because the 2D one was sold out. Added nothing to it though, except the ticket price.

Good film though. Mainly consisting of getting the group together in the first half, and then two massive action sequences in the second.
  11. cool, gonna see it this Monday evening smile
    and it's good to see that the 2D was sold out, shows that there are also many people who don't like 3D for probably various reasons punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2012
    I've seen a whole BUNCH of films since the last time I posted here (obscure, arthouse, mainstream, you name it), but had a film night tonight, with homemade pizza and non-alcoholic beer. Saw:

MARTHA MARCY MAY MARLENE (2011)

Pretty interesting and eerie look at the cult phenomenon, and how it's difficult to escape its grasp. Also about choices in life and happenstance. Unsettling use of sound and music too.

KILL THE IRISHMAN (2011)

Involving drama/thriller/action about the legendary Cleveland mobster Danny Green. Great cast, lovely Irish music by Patrick Cassidy.
    I am extremely serious.
  12. Thor, I thought M M M M was one of the most promising young director films I saw last year. Very interesting tone and performances.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2012 edited
    franz_conrad wrote
    Thor, I thought M M M M was one of the most promising young director films I saw last year. Very interesting tone and performances.

I agree. I got a similar vibe as in WENDY & LUCY and that other film (whose name escapes me now) about a young girl in a 'white trash' environment who has to take care of her family all on her own. Not so much in narrative, but in terms of tone.
    I am extremely serious.