• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2010
    Southall wrote

Still wowing me!

I'm going to give this a play this afternoon cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2010 edited
    CHRISTOPHER YOUNG - Creation, the true story of Charles Darwin

Incredibly beautiful themes lead the violin-fronted score in a deeply thoughtful and mature work that echoes James Newton Howard's THE VILLAGE and parts of Snow falling on Cedars, fused with Chris Young's own mesmerizing Sweet November and his gem that is The Shipping news. Wholly captivating, deeply melodic and magically lyrical, this marks perhaps his most impressive work to date and contains one exceptional composition that is the last piece on the album, 14. Humility and Love.

As a 'bonus' it contains another almost identical to the original 'rendition' on Arvo Part's extremely popular and influential "Fratres" for strings.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Oh great, will look for it myself then.

Yes, I am not ONLY a Zimmer fan tongue
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    With those many verbs and adjectives, it can't got wrong!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    On a funny side-note, the Arvo Part quoting piece is aptly entitled "Partly Part" smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    On a funny side-note, the Arvo Part quoting piece is aptly entitled "Partly Part" smile

Typical young. smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I was going to play Avatar ( I still might ) but I just had to play this masterpiece...

NP : STAR TREK III : THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK - James Horner

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: Piano Works ~ Craig Armstrong

Wonderful! I like the serenity of some pieces, the stormy sounds of others and the film cues are perfect indeed. I close my eyes and imagine myself playing. I wish I could... it's been so long since I had the chance.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Is that Craig's brother? (His parents didn't give him a chance with a name like that.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Spelling mistake corrected sir. Glad to see you read what I write in such a detail. rolleyes
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    You'll find that anything you do here holds a strange fascination for most (male) posters.
    We're slightly scary that way...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    I don't think that I hold that kind of fascination for Steven luv! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Stavroula wrote
    Spelling mistake corrected sir. Glad to see you read what I write in such a detail. rolleyes

Something about stormy clouds and eyes? I dunno, you had me at Graig.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    You'll find that anything you do here holds a strange fascination for most (male) posters.

No, just you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Steven wrote
    Martijn wrote

No, just you.

He is just scary or just fascinated?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    BOTH, of course! cool
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Not even 'Jake's First Flight'? Or, being an action man, not 'War'!??

"Jake's First Fight" is not bad but its no "Flight of the Griffins" or "Ride of the Firemares." And "War" is, IMHO, one of the most uninteresting action cues I've heard from Horner.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I find it to be one of Horner's most interesting action cues in recent years, especially the complete version as heard in the film. Better than 'Flight of the Griffins' in my not-so-humble opinion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: L'Enfant Des Loups - Serge Franklin

One my my all time favorite choral scores! Absolutely breathtaking!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2010 edited
    I'm also listening to something wonderful and equally hard to pronounce:

Une Hirondelle A Fait Le Printemps Philippe Rombi

I love this man's music. He definitely has that spark that sets him apart from mediocrity. Not that I'm complaining about all the wonderfully romantic music he's written, but I would love to hear some action scoring from him! There are some resemblances to Williams' music here and there in his style, which is alright by me.
    cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2010
    At last.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I know. I've been enjoying his music for a couple of months now, but it did take me a little while to realise just how good it is. Must have really not been in the mood for it at the time...
  2. Didn't you once state that you tried to like Rombi, but you didn't?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Didn't you once state that you tried to like Rombi, but you didn't?

This sounds like a Jordi line. Jordi?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2010 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Didn't you once state that you tried to like Rombi, but you didn't?

Yes, I did. Hence 'I must really not have been in the mood for it at the time.'
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    NP: The Lord Of the Rings - Leonard Rosenman

A childhood favourite, NOTHING like the Shore works, deeply intellectually challenging (and quite atonal) at times....and I still love it!
    Great theme and some of the most ominous scoring that side of Middle Earth. Helm's Deep is a particular highlight, as is Mithrandir (though it's really TOO closely molded on Holst's Venus.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote

A childhood favourite, NOTHING like the Shore works, deeply intellectually challenging (and quite atonal) at times....and I still love it!
    Great theme and some of the most ominous scoring that side of Middle Earth. Helm's Deep is a particular highlight, as is Mithrandir (though it's really TOO closely molded on Holst's Venus.)

Helms Deep is an absolutely incredible track, very unsettling, rhythmic and memorable. I don't think there's one single cue in all of Shore's work that matches this though overall there's no comparrison and Shore wins hands down.

hope I made sense cos I'm pissed
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: L'Enfant Des Loups - Serge Franklin

One my my all time favorite choral scores! Absolutely breathtaking!

-Erik-

Agree! It's a superb score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Agnes Of God - Georges Delerue

Stunning stuff. Really.

cool
  3. Martijn wrote

I love it. A nostalgic favourite.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am