• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010
    biggrin

You beat me to it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Fair enough if it doesn't do anything for you, that's not what I'm shocked about. Not being able to find any good melodies... that's just insane.

The key word being good melodies, obviously it's a personal thing but I don't enjoy any of the melodies in this score.

Noooooooooooooooooo........not you Tim.

No more bhangra dancing with you angry
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  1. I'm wondering if those that don't particularly love Independence Day have the same feelings about Stargate, seeing they're similar in construction and thematic ideas? Or any of the early Arnolds for that matter?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    I'm wondering if those that don't particularly love Independence Day have the same feelings about Stargate, seeing they're similar in construction and thematic ideas? Or any of the early Arnolds for that matter?

I like some of Stargate, but yeah, I can see a pattern.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I swear to god if anyone says there are no good melodies in Stargate, something quite regrettable will occur.
  2. Well it's a thing with Arnold's style of writing then. My pattern is I absolutely adore the early Arnolds and I just cannot get into his later stuff, especially his 007 work. After TWINE I lost interest rapidly in David. sad
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Fair enough if it doesn't do anything for you, that's not what I'm shocked about. Not being able to find any good melodies... that's just insane.

The key word being good melodies, obviously it's a personal thing but I don't enjoy any of the melodies in this score.

Noooooooooooooooooo........not you Tim.

No more bhangra dancing with you angry

CONAN THE BARBARIAN, KRRRRRUUUUUUUULLLLLLL, THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, ..........

How can you not bhangra with a fellow of such impeccable taste? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Hmmm..... I might reconsider.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010 edited
    Steven wrote
    I swear to god if anyone says there are no good melodies in Stargate, something quite regrettable will occur.

Your eyes will flash monochromatically, the top of your scalp will un-screw and will shower the room with mini Michael Barrymore's chanting alwight?
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Steven wrote
    Not per se, but the types of animation that Powell tends to work on lend themselves to a particular style of score. (A style I love, but not one that I want to hear all the time.)

Yes! QFT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Spartacus - Alex North

It's been far too long old friend. I'm ashamed to say that this is the first time I've played the score in nearly 6 years! shame Anyway, this is a classic in all sense of the word. And WHAT. A. LOVE. THEME! shocked One of the all time best!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Np Independence Day (David Arnold)

First spin of the complete score I've received today. This is BIG!

Oh, and I LOVE thick booklets lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: Modern Warfare - Lorne Balfe and co...

It's the official release and the music's been edited down to a more coherent package. I enjoy this more, but that's not saying much.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote

I'm pleased for you ( honest wink )
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Marselus wrote

Is it that thick? What's written in there? I haven't opened it since I already dl-ed it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Marselus wrote

Did you buy it???????????????????????!!!! WTF!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Spartacus - Alex North

It's been far too long old friend. I'm ashamed to say that this is the first time I've played the score in nearly 6 years! shame Anyway, this is a classic in all sense of the word. And WHAT. A. LOVE. THEME! shocked One of the all time best!

-Erik-

It chokes me up everytime, absolutely beautiful theme and an incredible score, one that you can really get your teeth into.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    A remaster of Spartacus would be most welcome. This MCA album makes my ears bleed... and it's waaaaaaaaay too short!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote

wink beer

lp wrote
    Is it that thick? What's written in there? I haven't opened it since I already dl-ed it.

Written by Dan Goldwasser, there's a lot of information regarding the scoring process (obviously) of the film with comments by Dean Devlin and David Arnold.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote

wink beer

lp wrote

Written by Dan Goldwasser, there's a lot of information regarding the scoring process (obviously) of the film with comments by Dean Devlin and David Arnold.

Damn. I want to read it now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Plus a list with the names of the members of the orchestra......more than 150 musicians + choir shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP: 3:10 to Yuma

Again!!! It's son fucking good!

Perfect to listen in a hot night. Because is a western and it's dark.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote

Have you mixed tequila with red wine?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Marselus wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Have you mixed tequila with red wine?

Probably , that why I liked Inland Empire.

Can anyone tell me 20 or 30 scores of all time??? the 20 or 30 all time masterpieces? I will try to listen every one of them.

Example: Once Upon in the west.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    lp wrote

It's the official release and the music's been edited down to a more coherent package. I enjoy this more, but that's not saying much.

There's an official release? want!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    Can anyone tell me 20 or 30 scores of all time??? the 20 or 30 all time masterpieces? I will try to listen every one of them.

Very subjective but check out my PROFILE and you'll find at least 35 great scores on my list!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    lp wrote

WHY??????????????????????? it's awful! how anyone can like this synthetic shit? I mean, there is not any good/cool theme, there is not any coherency, the strings progressions are becoming annoying....
    There is not a single bit of talent in the whole "score".

And Please whonobody compares this score with Transformers or any other generic score from Remote Control because it's faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from them.

it's the most mediocre and insulting thing I ever heard.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Very subjective but check out my PROFILE and you'll find at least 35 great scores on my list!

-Erik-

Ok! thanks!

I think I will start with Morricone's scores for Leone's westerns. And then I will try the scores in your profile (even if there are more contemporanies scores that I could expect from you)...I'm in the mood to do that.
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    Yeah, but you don't count, Justin.

-Erik-

Keep up the lovely parenting techniques -- make your children real winners one day.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    lp wrote

Yes (52 minutes), and as lp says, far more coherent. I insist that it is better if you've played the game.

Nautilus wrote
    it's the most mediocre and insulting thing I ever heard

I don't think so.