• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2010 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    New Moon - Alexandre Desplat

I'm only 6 tracks into this and I'm already impressed. I can't think of anyone except maybe Thomas Newman who can write delicate, lush string music the way Desplat can...

Thank you.

I love this score too.

To Voltera is amazing. It beggins with a variation of the love theme and then a Killar's-like dark motif shines!

NP:The Last Airbender (JNH)

Today the last 5 tracks rocks!!!

"blue spirit"-"spirit World"-"We could be friends" punk punk punk punk punk

Edit: Hall of avatars is really touching.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2010
    Why?

It doesn't have good themes, or a very particular sound. The score doesn't have any of them. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote
    Why?

It doesn't have good themes, or a very particular sound. The score doesn't have any of them. wink

At last!!! Someone who thinks like me moon
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: Star Trek III - The Search For Spock - James Horner

This must have come from SAE at Warp Factor 9 to get here today!

I've locked myself in my office, curtains drawn, listening to this. Not an ideal situation but I want to hear this NOW and listen to the already-familiar and new tracks.

slant crazy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Nautilus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Why?

At last!!! Someone who thinks like me moon

I can't work out whether you missed the sarcasm? wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I think Jordi just moves the goal-posts to suit himself wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Timmer wrote
    I think Jordi just moves the goal-posts to suit himself wink

Of course I do. wink

You missed the sarcasm too, anthony.
  1. Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

I've locked myself in my office, curtains drawn, listening to this. Not an ideal situation but I want to hear this NOW and listen to the already-familiar and new tracks.

slant crazy

Isn't the 2CD idea kinda stupid considering how Star Trek II was only one CD?
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Les adventures du Rabbi Jacob - Vladimir Cosma

My daughter loves this music so nowadays I have to listen to it almost on a daily basis. Since I also like this CD I don't mind it very much.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: 太王四神記 (Legend Of Four Gods) - Joe Hisaishi

I had a chance to watch the first episode, and thought Hisaishi's music is too cinematic for this TV series with cheap CGI... tongue

But great listen on album, the main theme is stuck in my head!
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  2. KevinSmith wrote
    Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

slant crazy

I don't believe so - especially if your argument is "since Star Trek II is only one CD then Star Trek III should only have one!"

CD2 of Star Trek III features the old GNP version of the CD. It's better sound quality that what was available before and it contains some alternate versions of the equivalent tracks from the movie (i.e., the equivalent tracks on CD1).

BTW, I never got the chance to listen to much of this new release this morning: too many disruptions.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:The Last Airbender (James Newton Howard)

Snow falling On cedars meets Vertical Limit meets lady in the water.

I erased from the playlist the folowing tracks (until i see the movie) : "The Avatar has returned" (lady in the water stuff included tongue ), "The four elements test" and "prologue".

now it's an stronger 53 minutes long album. (I'm still curios about the Vaughn Williams theme wich only appears in the suite .. lick )

I agree the recording is fucking good. specially the percusion recording (wich remains me a little bit to Ronin from The last Samurai).

"the blue spirit" punk punk punk

The action stuff heard inthreathers will destroy the seats!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

I don't believe so - especially if your argument is "since Star Trek II is only one CD then Star Trek III should only have one!"

CD2 of Star Trek III features the old GNP version of the CD. It's better sound quality that what was available before and it contains some alternate versions of the equivalent tracks from the movie (i.e., the equivalent tracks on CD1).

BTW, I never got the chance to listen to much of this new release this morning: too many disruptions.

yeah

The remastering job on this album is superb. I'm hearing things I've never heard before... for instance, Horner employees the Blaster Beam as part of that opening chord during the Prologue!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote

You don't say... it's almost as if you are saying that the same composer wrote all of those scores...

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote

You don't say... it's almost as if you are saying that the same composer wrote all of those scores...

-Erik-

You make me HOT! moon
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Gross! vomit

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    At least you know that if you ever turn to the dark side there's a hot welcome in Spain for you Erik wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Miya wrote

I had a chance to watch the first episode, and thought Hisaishi's music is too cinematic for this TV series with cheap CGI... tongue

It's absolutely irresistible, that theme. Same goes for VOL.II. Have you heard that one too?

JAMES NEWTON HOWARD - the interpreter

Percussion Percussion Percussion .
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    FalkirkBairn wrote

Sounds like a secret day, having sex in the office secretly and stuff wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Miya wrote

It's absolutely irresistible, that theme. Same goes for VOL.II. Have you heard that one too?

JAMES NEWTON HOWARD - the interpreter

Percussion Percussion Percussion .

Do you want percusion, dude????

"blue spirit"

the "War" march with taikos!!!!!! It is rocking my office!!!
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

yeah

The remastering job on this album is superb. I'm hearing things I've never heard before... for instance, Horner employees the Blaster Beam as part of that opening chord during the Prologue!

-Erik-

So looking forward to but still no shipping notice from SAE. crazy I'm guessing an other soundtrack is holding it back.

But when I'll finally pop this in my player I'll likely have multiple eargasms. beer
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Many sexual references around here, linked to a non-sexual theme...hm, the first and most important step for this community to be labeled in weird ways.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

Sounds like a secret day, having sex in the office secretly and stuff wink

Aaaaaah, the joys of working from home! wink

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    beer

JAMES NEWTON HOWARD - the last airbender.

I can understand what Michael was referring to the other day when he talked about the lack of the trademarked Shyamalan emotion that characterized all the director's-composer's previous collaborations. It's not evident here, at least not in the way we used to from these guys, except for "flows like water", the last track. Other than that there's not much to declare this a Shyamalan score and distinguish it from - say, having been used in any other big adventure movie. Still, it's a rather exciting orchestral score and i am waiting to see how it operates in the movie it accompanies.
  4. I really have to hear it along with the images because even after two listens I have a hard time connecting to The Last Airbender. Next time I'm not going to listen to it on my MP3 because this is a score that needs to be experienced loud, I'm sure you all agree.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Yeah... the more you get into it you do realize that it's well written orchestral music but the lack of a strong theme kills it! For a movie of this sort you need that hook... even if it's just one strong theme like the heroic theme in Waterworld, the submarine theme in Atlantis, the Egg Travels motif in Dinosaur, etc! I'm shocked that there isn't something like that in this score. I'm also shocked that we don't have instantly recognizable motifs for all the elements; Fire, Water, Earth and Air. What an opportunity to write a thematically rich Star Warsesque film score but instead we are left with what? Great emotional orchestral music without an identity. Where have all of the melodies gone?

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You're right on the observations, it's no classic for sure, but i am waiting to see the movie and the music in it first; maybe it doesn't need to have recognizable fire water earth motifs or leitmotifs in general. I am curious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Come on. Don't want them? Are you aching for them?

Man, I wish this film was made in the early 80's.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    See??? you people are saying the same like I said.

Again, all you guys only attacks me when I'm saying what everybody thinks.

I never said it was bad, i said the same as you do, people.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Of course i want them. Who wouldn't? But maybe the movie doesn't need them? Who knows.