• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    What were you rendering for so long btw? High definition?

Nothing too interesting. Just multiple 1 minute videos on the same time line all edited ready to be exported.

-Erik-

So you were not doing some DIY and rendering a wall? shame
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2010
    NP: The Phantom - David Newman

Magnificent!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    NP: 100 Rifles - Jerry Goldsmith

Man, Jerry was so channeling Alfred Newman when he composed this magnificent theme.
    Fantastic and extremely enjoyable western score.
    Don't care too much for all the additional mono bonus tracks, but the original album tracks make for one hell of a great listen.

And what a theme!
    (And what fine orchestration! Whatsisname Morton again? Jerry's longtime orchestrator? Fantastic work!)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2010 edited
    NP:New Moon (Desplat)

a 77 minutes of the London simphony orchestra playing elegan and romantic music for a Vampires movie.

Desplat touch is hypnotic, the dark and ghotic stuff is sublime and the action music sounds terrific.

Of course, the Waltz could fit perfectly with Gary Oldman dancing with Winona Ryder.

I love this score! One of Desplat finests!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    NP: 100 Rifles - Jerry Goldsmith

Man, Jerry was so channeling Alfred Newman when he composed this magnificent theme.
    Fantastic and extremely enjoyable western score.
    Don't care too much for all the additional mono bonus tracks, but the original album tracks make for one hell of a great listen.

And what a theme!
    (And what fine orchestration! Whatsisname Morton again? Jerry's longtime orchestrator? Fantastic work!)

unfortunately I couldn't find a clip of Olive saying "oh, Arthur" from 'on The Buses' cheesy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : STAR TREK II : THE WRATH OF KHAN - James Horner

Brother beyond man! punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:New Moon (Desplat)

a 77 minutes of the London simphony orchestra playing elegan and romantic music for a Vampires movie.

Desplat touch is hypnotic, the dark and ghotic stuff is sublime and the action music sounds terrific.

Of course, the Waltz could fit perfectly with Gary Oldman dancing with Winona Ryder.

I love this score! One of Desplat finests!

I agree 100%. I could never imagine that someone would come up with such a heartfelt, strong score for such a pathetic movie (remember the point we were making in the other thread about lousy movies - great scores? Desplat is a living proof among the newest composers). I strongly doubt Shore's will match but i really hope i am proven wrong in the end.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Rebecca - Franz Waxman
    performed by the Royal Scottish National Orchestra conducted by Joel McNeely

A classic from my favorite Golden Age composer!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. NP: Racing Stripes by Mark Isham

A very well crafted children score for a very stupid movie (I've seen it, don't ask). There is a multitude of themes and motifs that are woven into the score. The orchestrations give you a clear picture of where you are in the World, in this case the southern United States (banjo anyone?). The adventure parts are very exciting and thought out.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    NP : STAR TREK II : THE WRATH OF KHAN - James Horner

Brother beyond man! punk

NP : STAR TREK III : THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK - James Horner

Brother beyond man! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    KevinSmith wrote
    NP: Racing Stripes by Mark Isham

A very well crafted children score for a very stupid movie (I've seen it, don't ask). There is a multitude of themes and motifs that are woven into the score. The orchestrations give you a clear picture of where you are in the World, in this case the southern United States (banjo anyone?). The adventure parts are very exciting and thought out.

I agree, that's a wholly impressive symphonic score.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Medal Of Honor Saga.

the 3 first scores are the closest thing to the first Star Wars Trilogy (In terms of thematic richness and coherence). And this is say A LOT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: The Core - Christopher Young

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!

-Erik-
  3. NP: Prince of Persia - Harry Gregson Williams

Seems just fine so far.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
  4. Timmer wrote

Brother beyond man! punk

The expanded release by any chance?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. Listening to this expanded release I'm seeing the score in a whole new light. It's a great expansion.

I need to find time to listen to II and III back-to-back.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: Neon Genesis Evangelion - Shiro Sagisu

One of my favorite all time Anime scores/soundtrack production. Trying to listen to most of the album in the entire NGE discography. Tons of stuff to enjoy here, from bossa nova, to Barry-Bond-inspired action passages to Hip-Hop/R&B remix to classical Handel and Beethoven pieces and brassy fanfares. Great stuff.
  6. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Brother beyond man! punk

The expanded release by any chance?

Damn you both !!!! Mine hasn't even been shipped yet ! slant crazy

And I refuse to listen to the rip floating around on the net.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  7. DreamTheater wrote

I've made an assumption that Tim's has already arrived. I hope that it has!
  8. Schindler's List - John Williams

"Immolation (With Our Lives, We Give Life)" shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2010
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

I've made an assumption that Tim's has already arrived. I hope that it has!

It did! punk

There's no way I'd have played the old release while awaiting such excellence.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2010 edited
    I have another late night of work ahead of me so I thought I'd try something different. I've decided to put iTunes into the shuffle mode by Album. I'm looking forward to what the 'puter has in store for me.

First up... :drumroll:

Big Fish - Danny Elfman

I haven't played this since the film first came out. A pleasant way to start the evening.

-Erik-
  9. NP: 'Deathbed and Maelstrom' from BSG Season 3 (Mccreary)

One of McCreary's emotional powerhouses. The strongest purely emotional bit of scoring he did in the series. And what a sequence in the episode... what a shame they had to take away its power a couple of episodes later (regardless of whether they had a clear plan for why they were doing it). It just cheapened that emotion.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  10. Erik Woods wrote
    I'm looking forward to what the 'puter has in store for me.

Hope you get some albums you've not heard in a while.

At the moment my computer chose:

"Marshall Flies The Skybolt" - Wild America - Joel McNeely

A great little track!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    At the moment my computer chose:

"Marshall Flies The Skybolt" - Wild America - Joel McNeely

A great little track!

A rocking good track! Hint of Horner's Apollo 13 is in there but WHAT a cue!

FalkirkBairn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    I'm looking forward to what the 'puter has in store for me.

Hope you get some albums you've not heard in a while.

That's what I'm trying to do. 15 minutes are so until I find out what iTunes will force me to listen to next.

please not Desplat, please not Desplat...

-Erik-
  11. Erik Woods wrote
    please not Desplat, please not Desplat...

-Erik-

While I wish that you enjoyed it all as much as I did, I must cheer for the fact that we live in a world where you can even say that. Talented composers with distinctive styles can still be prolific in film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: When Nietzsche Wept - Sharon Farber

This is exactly what I was hoping would happen... give me something I've never spun before. This album came out back in 2008 from MovieScore Media. Seems promising!

-Erik-
  12. It's pretty good that one. I should pay another visit myself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    When Neitzche Wept was excellent! I would like to revisit that one soon!

NP: The Good German - Thomas Newman

I was thinking about this score no less than 2 hours ago and how I had really never given it my full attention. iTunes was reading my mind. robot Anyway, a Newman doing a Golden Age styled score... how can you go wrong?

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    The Good German was excellent as well. Another I want to return to. Some excellent themes in there that I added to My Favorites playlist

NP: The Ennio Morricone Anthology - Ennio Morricone

Another gem! I haven't spun this album in YEARS! This should be a very enjoyable two and half hours. Thank you iTunes!

-Erik-