• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Erik Woods wrote
    The Good German was excellent as well. Another I want to return to. Some excellent themes in there that I added to My Favorites playlist

A great score, with one hell of a 'love theme' (though it's more of a 'love turned sour' theme).
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2010 edited
    franz_conrad wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    The Good German was excellent as well. Another I want to return to. Some excellent themes in there that I added to My Favorites playlist

A great score, with one hell of a 'love theme' (though it's more of a 'love turned sour' theme).

Indeed! Very well put!

I'm continuing to dig Morricone's patented guitar riffs and bizarre vocals for the numerous western he wrote the music for on Disc 1 of this Anthology album! LOVE. IT. The man is a Goddamn genius!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. A few quality cues from the MV team can be found on...

NP: Tears of the Sun (Zimmer, Lebo M, Jablonsky, Lisa Gerrard, and others)

I must admit I enjoy the 'Cameroon Border Post' cue, the variations on the 'Kopano' hymn, and 'Small Piece for Doumbek and Strings'.
  3. franz_conrad wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

One of his finest and most underrated. Also one of the great Academy Award scandals of the 2000s. What they saw in Gustavo Santaolalla's Babel that they couldn't see in The Good German is something I'll never understand.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2010
    Actually, that's the norm for the Academy.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    franz_conrad wrote
    A few quality cues from the MV team can be found on...

I must admit I enjoy the 'Cameroon Border Post' cue, the variations on the 'Kopano' hymn, and 'Small Piece for Doumbek and Strings'.

So you actually enjoyed the cues that were written by Hans Zimmer himself? beer
  4. It does feel like Zimmer did the best stuff on this one, I agree. An interesting meeting ground of BEYOND RANGOON, THIN RED LINE and THE POWER OF ONE.
  5. Honey I Shrunk The Kids - Horner

While impatiently awaiting Trek III, I decided to spin this again, not a single second I don't love... Long overdue, but so happy it's been released. This is a real highlight of Horner's career, even if it isn't entirely original. You know what, screw originality, this is over 50 minutes of hugely entertaining, monstrous fun, with one of the most beautiful themes written by him ('Night Time'). punk cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  6. Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway - Ed Lima & Duncan Watt

That theme... stunning ! punk

But oh so short... only 23 minutes. sad
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    NP: Star Trek 3: The Search Is Over! - James Horner

I've been waiting 26 years for the complete score and here it is in all it's glory!
    Film scoring at its brilliant best!
    Love all the Krullisms too!
    Horner's scores for Trek 2 & 3 are both wonderful. Like children, I can't love one above the other!
    Bliss! cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Atham wrote
    NP: Star Trek 3: The Search Is Over! - James Horner

I've been waiting 26 years for the complete score and here it is in all it's glory!
    Film scoring at its brilliant best!
    Love all the Krullisms too!
    Horner's scores for Trek 2 & 3 are both wonderful. Like children, I can't love one above the other!
    Bliss! cool

punk beer

I'll be giving it a blast today too.

Star Trek 3 : The Search Is Over cheesy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    NP: Fantastic Mr. Fox - Alexandre Desplat

I love this thing and I love it's composer. smile
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Mutiny on the bounty

One of the greatest scores ever composeds!!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : STAR TREK III : THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK - James Horner

Just reading the booklet and it mentions how Leonard Nimoy wanted his friend Leonard Rosenman to score it. freezing
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Just reading the booklet and it mentions how Leonard Nimoy wanted his friend Leonard Rosenman to score it. freezing

uhm vomit

NP: Amélie - Yann Tiersen

Minimalist or no, this little gem has gone too long without a spin from me, so it's good to hear it again.
    Sweet and inoffensive, quite clever at places (especially the two waltzes) and rather melancholic (as minimalist music often tends to be).
    A very consistent and enjoyable lightweight listen.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Martijn wrote

I hate the movie and the score here in spain every Lacoste Girl who tries to show how good person is, Love this movie!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nautilus wrote
    I hate the movie and the score here in spain every Lacoste Girl who tries to show how good person is, Love this movie!

Hate film here in Netherlands all coffee not has brick dinosaur love.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Nautilus wrote

BIG lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Martijn wrote
    Nautilus wrote

I want to understand what you said???!!!!! or you didn't mean nothing??? dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    My sentiments exactly! beer
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    applause
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    NP : STAR TREK III : THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK - James Horner

I thought that was common knowledge. Anyway, Nimoy got his wish on Trek IV.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Martijn wrote
    My sentiments exactly! beer

biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin
  7. Nautilus wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Nautilus wrote

I want to understand what you said???!!!!! or you didn't mean nothing??? dizzy

Thankyou boys, both the witting and the unwitting participants.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    NP: The Secret In Their Eyes - Kauderer & Jusid

Possibly the score of the year so far? (if you count when the album was released)
    It's so incredibly gorgeous.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: The Core - Christopher Young

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!

-Erik-

Kick ass! Magnificent score!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Scribe wrote
    NP: The Secret In Their Eyes - Kauderer & Jusid

Possibly the score of the year so far? (if you count when the album was released)
    It's so incredibly gorgeous.

I'd not call it as such, but i am glad it found more fans. It was such a moving experience for me when i saw the movie and heard the score, i never expected to hear such music in a modern, oscar-winning film these days.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Nautilus wrote

smile

Love AMELIE. Very clever, lovely and influential work. Countless of movie / advertisements in tv, video clips etc - clones have jumped. Same applies to the music as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

uhm vomit

Minimalist or no, this little gem has gone too long without a spin from me, so it's good to hear it again.
    Sweet and inoffensive, quite clever at places (especially the two waltzes) and rather melancholic (as minimalist music often tends to be).
    A very consistent and enjoyable lightweight listen.
    smile

Beautiful. Have you heard GOODBYE LENIN as well? Piano driven but equally gorgeous.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    A few quality cues from the MV team can be found on...

That's a very intriguing score for a very mediocre movie. Love it. Some very strong, touching material in there. Kinda like a more modern take on THE THIN RED LINE.