• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2011 edited
    Timmer wrote
    And, of course...
    it's a TOUGH act to follow wink

THE BEST! punk
    I love that song!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2011
    DreamTheater wrote
    MAGNOLIA - JON BRION

I've been waiting twelve years to get the score, after having watched the brilliant movie countless times. Why I never got around buying it is beyond me, because this is my kind of thing, every cue creating a certain mood, that is so perfect for the powerful images and the different storylines that intersect, or how the feelings of hope, pain and regret can be put into musical terms. Its effect in the movie is totally hypnotic and is part what makes the film such an emotional experience, along with the powerhouse acting and directing.

Very apt score for a good movie (Which is years below the Spanish original).
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    NP: COBB (Elliot Goldenthal)

Great score, kinda twisted Americana. His raspy baritone singing makes me a bit sad, though, because it reminds me of the more powerful and "present" person he once was.

How is Elliot Goldenthal these days? Reading Bregje's report sounded a bit worrying.

Not too good, IMO.

Of course, I don't know if it was the hangover, the repair intoxication or the injury, but I sensed a considerable degradation from last year.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Ooooo, I love the arrangements! I think it's a cracker of a musical tribute!

I've still yet to hear it. I've heard Bonio's I AM THE WALRUS and was not impressed.

I just re-listened to it...

...and I've CHANGED my mind!

It's not bad at all.

I prefer Danny Elfman/Boingo's version myself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPUK8esrpNA
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: DEMOLITION MAN (Elliot Goldenthal)

Fun score with lots of cool electronic noodlings!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote
    NP: DEMOLITION MAN (Elliot Goldenthal)

Fun score with lots of cool electronic noodlings!

biggrin
    I respect your dedication to on-topic-ness.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Captain America: Another Two Hour Trailer for The Avengers Alan Silvestri

Definitely a generic score for the most part. 'Training the Supersoldier' is a hint to something far better, unfortunately the rest doesn't really live up to that track, save for the end march theme in all its generic-but-old fashioned awesomeness. The album could also do with a bit of a trim.

But, dammit, I like it! The theme pops up just enough times during the score to keep my interest, and I've always liked Silvestri's everything-and-the-kitchen-sink style of action scoring. It has its moments, for sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thread closed, and it will disappear after a few days (and then I hope Erik reappears within that same period).
    Kazoo