• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I guess. If I know his style well, he'll come with his OWN orchestra, so do the math.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2009
    Bregt wrote
    325!?

Does Ennio know that?

Does he care?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2009
    325$? I hope the ticket includes an after concert party with lots of juicy hot chicks.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Indeed! cool beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    325$? I hope the ticket includes an after concert party with lots of juicy hot chicks.

Who listen to Morricone? Yeah, you can be sure about it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    For that price I want him conducting his mondo chick flic music while I'm getting jiggy.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    biggrin

Seriously, if that is the final price, don´t they see it is totally abusive? And I don´t care if the concert will be performed by the best orchestra in the history of mankind. 325?!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Apparently those high prices (which actually go up to $450!) are for some kind of special tickets.

Tickets on general sale will be more reasonably priced.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Do they include a free massage by the Maestro himself?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Does he do something with his baton?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote
    Does he do something with his baton?

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2009
    Found this cue from "Wolf" that wasn't on the official release, so it's been a much sought after piece. Enjoy. If you want it as mp3, you can use this site.

I think it's a pretty neat track, but nothing spectacular. I've heard several people say this piece is the best in the entire "Wolf" score, but I think that's going a bit over the top.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2009
    Just uploaded my first youtube "video". Yeah baby! One of my favourite Morricones pieces: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUgwA0x0gHQ

Peter punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2009
    Thanks Peter, that's a lovely piece and I'd never heard it before.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2009 edited
    That's great, Timmer. Happy that I introduced you to a gem you hadn't heard before.

The entire "Stato interessante" album is pretty good actually, with several great themes and standalone melodies. It's only last year this score got a proper release, even though the movie is from 1977.

Peter wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2009
    A short, but interesting interview with the maestro about his music and faith:

http://zenit.org/article-26831?l=english
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2009
    Cool, thanks, keky.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2009
    Genius...

More genius...

Yes, yes, more genius!

(This post in response to one which proclaimed someone else a genius over in another thread. When it comes to film music, there is only one.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Southall wrote
    Genius...

More genius...

Yes, yes, more genius!

(This post in response to one which proclaimed someone else a genius over in another thread. When it comes to film music, there is only one.)

Thanks for the links, James - even, if I do know that Morricone is a true genius.
    The music from The Mission never fails to give me the goosebumps, although I am very much familiar with the score. Still, it sounds so fresh each time!
    Something else: one of the violin players looks so much like Stan Winston in the last video! Weird!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Morricone is definitely one of the most important musical figures of our times, no doubt about that.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Genius...

More genius...

Yes, yes, more genius!

Your definition of genius is most accurate jedi.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2009

Now that we're posting excellent youtubes I might as well post my latest youtube upload:

Even even more genius

It is rather repetitive, but it's also very catchy, patriotic (italian style) and super rare.

Peter spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Starts off like our National Hymn. spin
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthortuskapaska
    I have to say I visited Master Morricone's concert in Beijing. It was truly an experience. The amount of beauty the orchestra shed that night. Also, having to tell people to shut the fuck up was not good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Has anyone heard the latest Morricone score? Giuseppe or something like that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    It seems FSM will soon release Morricone's wonderful western score for "The five man army". It hasn't been confirmed officially by FSM yet though. The previous release only had 8 tracks and was in sore need of a more full release, and who better than punk FSM punk to take care of that.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Christodoulides wrote

Hehe, are you sure you're not thinking of the director, Giuseppe Tornatore? I haven't heard about any scores called Giuseppe.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2009
    plindboe wrote
    It seems FSM will soon release Morricone's wonderful western score for "The five man army". It hasn't been confirmed officially by FSM yet though. The previous release only had 8 tracks and was in sore need of a more full release, and who better than punk FSM punk to take care of that.

Peter smile

OOOoooohhhh....YES PLEASE!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    plindboe wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Hehe, are you sure you're not thinking of the director, Giuseppe Tornatore? I haven't heard about any scores called Giuseppe.

Peter smile

OOOOPS! Indeed. shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Demetris, you must mean "Baaria" then. So far the score hasn't been released, but it should only take some days now since the album is supposed to come out here in september.

We do have the trailer though, which features Morricone's score without any interrupting SFX or dialogue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTKhPCdu9ag

It does have that Morricone/Tornatore sound to it. To my ears, from that 2 minute suite, it doesn't sound like a masterpiece, but it does sound like it will be a great score with alot to offer.

Peter smile