• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2009
    punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2009
    plindboe wrote
    Demetris, you must mean "Baaria" then. So far the score hasn't been released, but it should only take some days now since the album is supposed to come out here in september.

We do have the trailer though, which features Morricone's score without any interrupting SFX or dialogue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTKhPCdu9ag

It does have that Morricone/Tornatore sound to it. To my ears, from that 2 minute suite, it doesn't sound like a masterpiece, but it does sound like it will be a great score with alot to offer.

Peter smile

Agree with all that. Can't wait!
  1. Southall seems to be very agreeable today! There's more me-tooism around here than during the last Australian federal election!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2009
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2009
    (Sorry, that was predictable even by my standards.)
  2. But the situation demanded it!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2009
    I was wondering if there are any good hi-res pictures of Morricone conducting out there?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Any particular reason Thor?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yes, I have landed a gig as a freelance writer (without payment, though!) for the Norwegian online film magazine www.montages.no. I'll mostly be writing stuff on film music, and my first installment is a brief article on Morricone (called "The Eternity Machine Ennio Morricone" in English). I need a picture for it.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    On the subject of Morricone, there's a concert called "Ennio Morricone in Vienna" on Sky Arts HD 2 in the UK tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to it!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Yes, I have landed a gig as a freelance writer (without payment, though!) for the Norwegian online film magazine www.montages.no. I'll mostly be writing stuff on film music, and my first installment is a brief article on Morricone (called "The Eternity Machine Ennio Morricone" in English). I need a picture for it.

Good luck beer

I know at least someone will help you out with an image!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Thor wrote

That's awesome Thor! Congrats!

BTW here's a pic I use as my computer wallpaper- http://imgur.com/W0KFT.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    BhelPuri wrote
    Thor wrote

That's awesome Thor! Congrats!

BTW here's a pic I use as my computer wallpaper- http://imgur.com/W0KFT.jpg

Excellent, thanks!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Baaria!
    It's out on Itunes and it'll take a few more weeks to get on cd. But $28 is so expensive sad
    I hope the Varese Club CDs are something I can pass. No money.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Can't wait (but you're right, it IS expensive). Picture of Ennio on the cover!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Southall wrote
    On the subject of Morricone, there's a concert called "Ennio Morricone in Vienna" on Sky Arts HD 2 in the UK tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to it!

In fact it's Venice and here are the details:

http://www.skyarts.co.uk/opera/article/ … in-venice/

I do have a Morricone concert on DVD. Wonder if it's the same one?
  3. So James, was the concert on Sky Arts the one you have on DVD?

I watched some of it this afternoon - until the Good, The Bad and The Ugly portion was on. "The Trio" was good but I just couldn't listen to the version of the main title that was played.

NP: Exodus - Paolo Vivaldi
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2009
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    So James, was the concert on Sky Arts the one you have on DVD?

I watched some of it this afternoon - until the Good, The Bad and The Ugly portion was on. "The Trio" was good but I just couldn't listen to the version of the main title that was played.

It's a different one. I loved it. Very weird production of the video, but I adore the music. I've even grown to love that version of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly!
  4. Southall wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

It's a different one. I loved it. Very weird production of the video, but I adore the music. I've even grown to love that version of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly!

What was all the text/verse that was shown along with the touristy shots of Venice!?

What I did discover watching the concert were two themes that I really enjoyed: main themes from Metti, Una Sera A Cena and Il Clan Dei Siciliani.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2009
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Southall wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

What was all the text/verse that was shown along with the touristy shots of Venice!?

What I did discover watching the concert were two themes that I really enjoyed: main themes from Metti, Una Sera A Cena and Il Clan Dei Siciliani.

No idea what was going on with that verse. Completely bizarre (and full of spelling mistakes).

Funny you should mention The Sicilian Clan. A bit of a discovery for me too. I'm sure I must have heard it several times before, but don't remember it at all. Brilliant piece!

The highlights for me, though, were The Ecstasy of Gold and the long suite from The Mission. I've seen Morricone live on four occasions and every time, those performances bring me out in goosebumps.
  5. Watching the Morricone concert made me think again about my feelings about original score vs live performance and the differences that arise between the two...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009
    My Morricone article is now up, but probably only of interest to our Scandinavian readers:

http://montages.no/2009/09/evighetsmask … morricone/

Thanks again for the pic, Bhelpuri!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    Good work, Thor! smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Well done Thor. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thanks!

Did you understand anything of it, Tim?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009 edited
    Nope! Well, sort of?

His relationship with Tonitore, the california concert, the recent 24 CD box set, the use of his music in Inglorious Basterds.

Just key words wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Nope! Well, sort of?

His relationship with Tonitore, the california concert, the recent 24 CD box set, the use of his music in Inglorious Basterds.

Just key words wink

Yup, that's the gist of it! applause (I can't find the thumbs-up emoticon!)
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    BhelPuri wrote
    Gotta say this is fun-
    http://intertran.tranexp.com/InterTran? … =Translate

smile

LOL! There's gotta be a better translation site than that... biggrin
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009 edited

Southall wrote
    Funny you should mention The Sicilian Clan. A bit of a discovery for me too. I'm sure I must have heard it several times before, but don't remember it at all. Brilliant piece!

I recommend the "Sicilian clan" album highly. It's my favourite Morricone gangster score. Would love to read a moviewave review of this one.

">My wish came true! biggrin

I hope I inspired you to purchase and review this album, James. In any case, I can only agree with your 5 rating, as this is truly one of the Morricone classics. I also like that you mentioned "Snack bar" and "Tema per la goff". You have an eye for the highlights of an album that deserves to be mentioned.

Peter punk