• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    .....or REIGN OF FIRE. Such a brilliant effort.

I've been searching for my copy! I'm going crazy!! Where is it???

You are right on with the description though wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2008 edited
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    KLAUS BADELT - Ned Kelly

Oh this is good. A case where (along with the equally beautiful and sadly overlooked INVINCIBLE with Hans Zimmer) Klaus tried to create his own THE THIN RED LINE, and on his own frame he did pretty well actually. Long string-led melodies and heavily emotional, NED KELLY is a thoroughly enjoyable score from start to finish with notable thematic material. One of his career's highlights.

Very enjoyable score.

Indeed. One of his finest works. Sadly he is totally uninspired lately (Scorpion King 2, Starship Troopers 3....come on Klaus).

What about RESCUE DAWN? Certainly up there with his best works.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    KLAUS BADELT - Ned Kelly

Oh this is good. A case where (along with the equally beautiful and sadly overlooked INVINCIBLE with Hans Zimmer) Klaus tried to create his own THE THIN RED LINE, and on his own frame he did pretty well actually. Long string-led melodies and heavily emotional, NED KELLY is a thoroughly enjoyable score from start to finish with notable thematic material. One of his career's highlights.

Very enjoyable score.

Indeed. One of his finest works. Sadly he is totally uninspired lately (Scorpion King 2, Starship Troopers 3....come on Klaus).

What about RESCUE DAWN? Certainly up there with his best works.

You are totally right, I´ve forgotten Rescue Dawn shame
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    omaha wrote
    Have you heard Lennertz (spelling) From Russia With Love Score?
    Amazing

Indeed. FRWL, Gun and Rising Sun are by far his finest works. fireworks
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Christodoulides wrote
    CARTER BURWELL - twilight

Pretty standard americana-driven thriller score ranging from Paul Haslinger's conventional tricks and Bear McCreary (REST STOP) regions with the occasional, rare melodic break, usually driven by piano and lurking into emotional territories. It's somewhat disappointing and definitely far inferior to the standard Burwell ride, especially after the excellent recent examples of IN BRUGES and BURN AFTER READING. But i wouldn't expect anyone to be particularly inspired by that pile of doo-doo (the movie, the story, the hype).

I want this!!!!I like the book and I'm pretty curious about the score!Then we can talk about it D.!I hope I'll get it soon!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Stavroula wrote

I want this!!!!I like the book and I'm pretty curious about the score!Then we can talk about it D.!I hope I'll get it soon!

I've been busted baby shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    What? confused
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I got busted calling "a pile of crap" something our resident Goddess likes so much; i guess it's my turn to not being talked by her for a week now cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Christodoulides wrote
    Stavroula wrote

You are unbelievable!I'll listen to it first and then think about your sentence!In the mean time don't cry baby!Here kiss
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Stavroula wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Stavroula wrote

I didn't mean the way you thought luv but thank you anyway! kiss
    I meant "I hope I'll buy it soon!"

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … ii/#Item_8
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Christodoulides wrote
    Stavroula wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Stavroula wrote

I didn't mean the way you thought luv but thank you anyway! kiss
    I meant "I hope I'll buy it soon!"

http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … ii/#Item_8

Well, you gave yourself away!So I thought to be mean and change my reply! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    What?
    WHAT?
    WHAT?

megaconfused

Is there some Greek insider thing happening here?
    confused confused confused confused
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    There's always one such a thing going on in the background wink

Off to the 2nd Puccini gig. wave
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: World Trade Center - Craig Armstrong

Beautiful album. Felt like playing this in the light of several people killed in the recent horrible terrorist attack in Mumbai here shame

Really sorry to hear about all this terrible events in Mumbai, I'm familiar with all the places hit and regularly ate and drank in Leopolds Cafe which was first to be hit. It brings it home that I can imagine exactly what it would have been like in that lively and bustling cafe that day sad
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    If that is what Jordi said then his entire argument is invalid, imo wink

Well, THAT is quite possible! smile

But that's not the point.
    My whole argument basically concerned the OPINIONS on the score, NOT the score PROPER.
    It's a whole meta-discussion, which doesn't require anyone to listen to the score, UNLESS a counter claim would be that the score is -in some way- ground breaking (in which case Steven's reference to Ego's monologue could be germane, something that -as I argued- I don't think it is at this point).

I have no opinion on the score itself at all, as I haven't heard it.

Tie your argument down, sport! wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Is a guy not allowed to be fed up of nit-picking from time to time without it turning into an uber-meta-whatever-discussion? bunny
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    NP: Hancock - John Powell

The ending is amazing! Super inspiring and emotional. It also makes great workout music.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    Is a guy not allowed to be fed up of nit-picking from time to time without it turning into an uber-meta-whatever-discussion? bunny

Who can be fed up when we have this little guy? bunny
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    He is awesome.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    NP: The Lion King - Hans Zimmer.

Amazing music. Deserves a complete release. bunny
    • CommentAuthorKatiek
    I'm a little late to the party, but I can personally vouch for the benefits of adopting an older cat from a shelter. I adopted a 5 year old kitty because I worked long hours and thought it would be mean to leave a kitten alone that much. An older cat would probably be happy to sleep, and I could see its developed personality.

The cat I adopted was the sweetest, mild kitty who was always thankful for a full bowl of food and soft places to sleep. The cat I have now is a rescue kitty who showed up at my back door injured, but I'd have been happy to have gotten him after he went through the stage where he chewed up all my wood furniture!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    biggrin bunny

Do you think they're related?
  2. omaha wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (Videogame) (Clint Bajakian - themes by John Williams)

I love this for the big action cues, even if it's sometimes a cut and paste job when you play it in complete form. I made my own customised soundtrack that features all the big orchestral outbursts from the game and it's all big fun... The Kraken's Lair, Gondola Ride, The Feng Twins, Von Beck's Revenge, Rise of the Black Emperor, all great when you hear it in the game, and even better outside of it. Bajakian sure has a knack for composing huge action music for orchestra. Shame he doesn't get so much opportunities.

4 STARS

Indeed! Real fun score.

Have you heard Lennertz (spelling) From Russia With Love Score?
    Amazing

Amazingly I have not heard it... wink
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    The goat most certainly isn't. goat
    Kazoo
  3. Hmm. Maybe they are bunny
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    franz_conrad wrote

There's STILL unclarity? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: Twilight ~ Carter Burwell
    First listen...hmmm... I'll tell you tomorrow what I think.After all I promised my darling D. A discussion and a possible punishment! tongue smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I bet he'll like that second part. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Anthony wrote
    I bet he'll like that second part. wink

Antony!I'm socked at you! shocked tongue
    Do you think that D. will like to be punished by me?!To forbid him to talk to me?!Of course he may see it as a bonus...I'm a pain in the neck sometimes! rolleyes
  4. Martijn wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

There's STILL unclarity? confused

wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am