• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2008
    Katiek wrote
    I'm a little late to the party, but I can personally vouch for the benefits of adopting an older cat from a shelter. I adopted a 5 year old kitty because I worked long hours and thought it would be mean to leave a kitten alone that much. An older cat would probably be happy to sleep, and I could see its developed personality.

The cat I adopted was the sweetest, mild kitty who was always thankful for a full bowl of food and soft places to sleep. The cat I have now is a rescue kitty who showed up at my back door injured, but I'd have been happy to have gotten him after he went through the stage where he chewed up all my wood furniture!

Any chance for photos? How did the cat adopt to you when you got it home during the first days? wave
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : ALIENS - James Horner

Fantastic late listening, a superlative score too! punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Cast Away : makes me sad

Song of the Plains smile
    No wonder Russia has so much pride. When the male chorus starts up I have pride too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Panthera wrote
    NP: The Lion King - Hans Zimmer.

Amazing music. Deserves a complete release. bunny

Amen!

And now, the inevitable kill bunny

NP: Black Hawk Down - Hans Zimmer

Finally grew a lot on me!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2008 edited
    DemonStar wrote
    Panthera wrote
    NP: The Lion King - Hans Zimmer.

Amazing music. Deserves a complete release. bunny

Amen!

And now, the inevitable kill bunny

lol

NP: Millennium Celebration: Reflections Of Earth - Gavin Greenaway

Because I wanna use this icon...

fireworksfireworksfireworks

and also because it's appropriate to celebrate the 1st anniversary of maintitles.net beer
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Species - Christopher Young

A very fine release from Intrada.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I was Playing: The Curios case of Benjamin Button

Desplat tricks are quickly becomming too recognizible.

The main theme doesn't work for me. Probably being watched the movie ( I love David Fincher and Cate Blanchet) this score will grow on me. But If I want this kind of Desplat I would play : Painted Veil, Lust Caution or Birth.

NP:Defiance (James Newton Howard)

Mmmm.....I need more listenings but If I want the village I play the village. And If i want the percussive and almost remote control action music I play Blood Diamond. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Balto - James Horner

Great score, nice themes! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    KLAUS BADELT - Rescue Dawn

Such a heartfelt, stirring emotional journey. I can't understand how some people insist ditching Badelt's work after works like this and THE PROMISE just to name a couple.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote

Such a heartfelt, stirring emotional journey. I can't understand how some people insist ditching Badelt's work after works like this and THE PROMISE just to name a couple.

Because most of the time his stuff is just Meh!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Nautilus wrote
    I was Playing: The Curios case of Benjamin Button

Desplat tricks are quickly becomming too recognizible.

The main theme doesn't work for me. Probably being watched the movie ( I love David Fincher and Cate Blanchet) this score will grow on me. But If I want this kind of Desplat I would play : Painted Veil, Lust Caution or Birth.

NP:Defiance (James Newton Howard)

Mmmm.....I need more listenings but If I want the village I play the village. And If i want the percussive and almost remote control action music I play Blood Diamond. rolleyes

The action music in Defiance has NOTHING to do with Remote Control...
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Truly, Jordi has mastered the art of talking from one's arse. Truly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Truly, Jordi has mastered the art of talking from one's arse. Truly.

uhm

biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Because most of the time his stuff is just Meh!

-Erik-

I agree, there are only a tiny handful ( "handful" is an overstatement ) of Badelt scores I like. ( and Rescue Dawn is one of them )
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Cinema Symphony - Andrew Pearce

A grand symphonic work that any film music fan will enjoy. Quite possibly my favorite MovieScore Media release of all time. A coherent, completely symphonic work of beauty, with breathtaking epic material written in a cinema style that all here will love. Also included are two other magnificent concert works that are just as enjoyable. Miriam Kramer performs the achingly beautiful violin solos in Elegy for Violin and Orchestra and The Royal Scottish National Orchestra shine with a very spirited performance with Phil Rowlands conducting.

Coming soon from MovieScore Media. Don't hesitate to pick this one up. IMHO, it's features some the best orchestral music I've heard this year.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Cinema Symphony - Andrew Pearce

A grand symphonic work that any film music fan will enjoy. Quite possibly my favorite MovieScore Media release of all time. A coherent, completely symphonic work of beauty, with breathtaking epic material written is a cinema style that all here will love. Also included are two other magnificent concert works that are just as enjoyable. Miriam Kramer performs the achingly beautiful violin solos in Elegy for Violin and Orchestra and The Royal Scottish National Orchestra shine with a very spirited performance with Phil Rowlands conducting.

Coming soon from MovieScore Media. Don't hesitate to pick this one up. IMHO, it's features some the best orchestral music I've heard this year.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

-Erik-

I was very interested in this to begin with but now you've sold me.

I'll be getting it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Wanted - Danny Elfman

Wonderful!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Wanted - Danny Elfman

Wonderful!

At LAst!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote
    Wanted - Danny Elfman

Wonderful!

At LAst!

I've been saying this for months!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I know; i am talking more about the lack of mentions to what's obviously one of the year's bests.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: Twilight ~ Curtel Burwell
    I promised someone my opinion today.I can't decide wheter I like it or not so much (I can't say "not like it"; I like music anyway). The main theme stays in your mind by it's too electronic for me.Even "Bella's Lullaby" is not a as smooth as I would like it ot be. On the other hand there are some piano pieces which flow beautifully and give a certain grace to the whole score. I think that the problem for me lies in the fact that I have the book in my mind and try to connect it with the score.I don't seem to be able to do it. A problem I didn't have with the Lord of the Rings or even Harry Potter. Eragon was such a case though.
    All in all I know that the book is not everybody's cup of tea, personally I liked it (do you here me D.?), such as this score won't be, I'll wait though to see how it works in the film to give my final opinion on it.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    See; you actually DO HAVE the option of watching the film and observing the music's usages throughout the movie. Not all of us do, or want to wink kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Christodoulides wrote
    See; you actually DO HAVE the option of watching the film and observing the music's usages throughout the movie. Not all of us do, or want to wink kiss

Point taken! smile kiss
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote
    Wanted - Danny Elfman

Wonderful!

At LAst!

Haven't heard it but I might hire the film tonight!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yes you might and you might have lots of great fun with it! Be sure to turn up the volume smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yes you might and you might have lots of great fun with it! Be sure to turn up the volume smile

I always do! beer

NP : HELLBOY - Marco Beltrami

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Listened to a lot of good stuff this weekend as I tried to write nonstop (that's why I stayed off MT).

One of my listens was:

Heavy Metal 2000, Frederic Talgorn
    Because someone here recommended I give this one a few more chances. It's true: it's certainly not accessible like Bernstein's masterwork. But on the other hand: it's also true that there's a lot of good stuff in there. Stuff that's true to Talgorn's identity. I can see this one fitting hand-in-hand with Robotjox and Delta Force 2 now, and I'll keep listening to it over the next few days until I'm completely rid of the stigma of Bernstein's famous opus.

NP: A History of Violence, Howard Shore
    I'm actually listening to the film itself with commentary track by David Cronenberg. Very LotR-influenced Shore score, very nice. I have to say even though the movie left me a bit unmoved, the extras on this disc have been among the best, funniest and most intimate I've ever experienced on a DVD. To hear the make-up artist Stephan Dupuis swear right at the camera in full French Canadian slang was an immediate hit for me! And wow: Viggo Mortensen can hold a full conversation with the man in French Canadian dialect?? My respect for the man has shot through the roof. That, and then there's Fish Friday.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And THE THIN RED LINE-ish; in places.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : JESUS OF NAZARETH - Maurice Jarre

One of my very favourite Jarre scores, I love it!