• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2009 edited
    Thor wrote
    Of course, the only way to avoid hangovers is to not drink anything at all. But that is NOT an option! I've never really understood those who say that you can have just as much fun at a party WITHOUT drinking. That makes no sense to me, especially if the party in question is alchohol-driven.

No, no, that was not what I meant!
    What I was trying to say was: don't overdo it. I'm not saying you shouldn't drink at all to avoid a hangover. I mean don't drink too much. That was my tip.

This is what I do: I always drink one glass of water with each glass of wine. At the same time or one after another. Because wine and other alcoholic drinks make me really thirsty and I like water. This way I can keep drinking all evening long but I won't drink too much.

I really enjoy a tipsy state of mind much more than a drunk state of mind.
    (In fact, drunk is not a state of mind at all. wink )
    So with the water and taking it easy I'll stay in the right mood all the time, it's a good balance. And I don't get sick. I easily feel sick (or I'm afraid to feel sick, because I hate it), that's why I take it easy as well.

Cheers! christmas_drunk
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2009
    Bregje wrote
    Thor wrote
    Of course, the only way to avoid hangovers is to not drink anything at all. But that is NOT an option! I've never really understood those who say that you can have just as much fun at a party WITHOUT drinking. That makes no sense to me, especially if the party in question is alchohol-driven.

No, no, that was not what I meant!
    What I was trying to say was: don't overdo it. I'm not saying you shouldn't drink at all to avoid a hangover. I mean don't drink too much. That was my tip.

This is what I do: I always drink one glass of water with each glass of wine. At the same time or one after another. Because wine and other alcoholic drinks make me really thirsty and I like water. This way I can keep drinking all evening long but I won't drink too much.

I really enjoy a tipsy state of mind much more than a drunk state of mind.
    (In fact, drunk is not a state of mind at all. wink )
    So with the water and taking it easy I'll stay in the right mood all the time, it's a good balance. And I don't get sick. I easily feel sick (or I'm afraid to feel sick, because I hate it), that's why I take it easy as well.

Cheers! christmas_drunk

Drinking one glass of water with each glass of wine doesn't lessen the effects of the alcohol at all. The body does it process at a fixed rate of 1 ounce per hour. Drinking the wine slower does help as long as you don't drink extra because of it. If you drink a 2 ounce shot of rye whiskey followed by nothing is the same effect as drinking the same whiskey followed by a quart of water. Diluting doesn't work.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Southall wrote
    ...the best cure always seems to be sausages, bacon, fried egg and baked beans.

I hear a full fry up is the best cure as well. I never have the stomach (or head) to cook all this after a night out though. Usually a big bowl of pasta is enough for me.

Wuss! Get right in there with the fry-up and some industrial-strength coffee. Some toast is OK while you're waiting for the breakfast to arrive in all its glory. Marmalade optional.

^
    The man! beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I usually go for the fast-food option since it's packed with sugar and salt which my body craves after a heavy night. The fry-up is equally as good though!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ^ Same here. Fast/junk food tastes SO good after a night full of alcohol!!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    ^ Same here. Fast/junk food tastes SO good after a night full of alcohol!!

Meat, meat and MORE meat! lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Big, tasty, juicy junk BURGERS!

Damn, i am hungry now.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Big, tasty, juicy junk BURGERS!

Damn, i am hungry now.

.....with tomatos, onions, lettuce, cheese, relish..........
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2009
    sdtom wrote
    Drinking one glass of water with each glass of wine doesn't lessen the effects of the alcohol at all. The body does it process at a fixed rate of 1 ounce per hour. Drinking the wine slower does help as long as you don't drink extra because of it. If you drink a 2 ounce shot of rye whiskey followed by nothing is the same effect as drinking the same whiskey followed by a quart of water. Diluting doesn't work.
    Thomas

Yes that's true. I didn't mean diluting. I just mean 3 glasses of wine and 3 glasses of water is less alcohol than 6 glasses of wine. So that way you drink the wine slower, yes.
    beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Good red wine is fantastic when drinking more than one glass in one hour.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Good red wine is fantastic when drinking more than one glass in one hour.

No shit rolleyes wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    But otherwise it isn't. tongue
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Just remember that we're dealing with a drug which can become habit forming over a period of time like prescription drugs. Moderation is the key.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2009 edited
    Ooof....have you ever tried drinking heavily while having a feverish cold? I hope not. It feels like my body is attacked from all angles and positions (within and without).

I drank 1 1/2 bottles of wine plus three beers yesterday. Too much for someone in my condition, and then when I finally got home at 4 in the morning to get some sleep, my sister had what we call a nachspiel ("after-party") with a bunch of people in the livingroom. So I obviously had to sit up a while with them before crashing. It's now 13:00 and I just got up, but it still feels like someone dragged me through a lawnmower while feeding me rotten milk. I'm too old for this shit.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2009
    Can you not enjoy yourself without the alcoholic? I mean, I know I'm one to talk, but I don't go overboard with it - especially if I have a cold. dizzy
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    We Norwegians don't know how to drink. It's like: weeeeeeeeeeee, it's saturday! Let's drink 'till we puke.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Same with the British unfortunately. We all need to take a leaf out of the Italians' and French's books concerning alcohol!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote
    Can you not enjoy yourself without the alcoholic? I mean, I know I'm one to talk, but I don't go overboard with it - especially if I have a cold. dizzy

Yes, I can, but when everyone else drinks, it will ALWAYS be a second-rate experience to just "tag along". The whole 4-hour trip to my hometown this Easter was exactly because of a night like last night, so no way in hell if a fever or a cold was gonna rob me out of that.

In general, Ranietz is correct. Norwegians are really crappy drinkers (much due the steep prices of alcohol in the first place, "forcing us" to restrict the consumption to weekends). However, for me personally, there's a time for the single or double glass of wine on a Tuesday evening, just for the "coziness"....and there's a time for full-out party, whatever day it is. Even if the self-inflicted consequences are unbearable! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You use a "smile" emoticon after 'self-inflicted consequences are unbearable'!? dizzy biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I had one of my infamous migraines yesterday so my friend gave me two prescribed painkillers called 'Dihydrocodeine' which completely knocked the migraine out and which, after a few beers, deposited me on another planet dizzy

What a fun night cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    I had one of my infamous migraines yesterday so my friend gave me two prescribed painkillers called 'Dihydrocodeine' which completely knocked the migraine out and which, after a few beers, deposited me on another planet dizzy

What a fun night cool

Ah, the fun drug & alchohol combo. Always a treat.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009
    Aaargh! I was totally pissed yesterday, to an extent which I haven't been since I was 18. I actually needed help from my friends to get home. Today, I feel like I've been dragged through a lawnmower....head, stomach, mouth...they're all on the inside out!

*sigh*

I'm getting too old for this shit.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Thor wrote
    Aaargh! I was totally pissed yesterday, to an extent which I haven't been since I was 18. I actually needed help from my friends to get home. Today, I feel like I've been dragged through a lawnmower....head, stomach, mouth...they're all on the inside out!

*sigh*

ahhh, a hangover
    experienced it once, and I hope never again shame
    good luck buddy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote

*sigh*

Getting old but not wiser it seems as you keep doing this to yourself every week wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thor wrote

*sigh*

Getting old but not wiser it seems as you keep doing this to yourself every week wink

Indeed.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009 edited
    Thor wrote

*sigh*

Ouch! For you to say this, you must have really been motoring some Thor!? shocked beer <--water wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Bregt wrote
    I too always drink at least half a liter/one liter water before I go to bed.

Oops! then most probably you should have had wet dreams. biggrin
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

*sigh*

Ouch! For you to say this, you must have really been motoring some Thor!? shocked beer <--water wink

I'm not sure what 'motoring' means, but if you're referring to the quantity, it was quite hefty - a whole bottle of white wine, 6 pints of beer and three samboukas! spin
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote

*sigh*

I'm not sure what 'motoring' means, but if you're referring to the quantity, it was quite hefty - a whole bottle of white wine, 6 pints of beer and three samboukas! spin

'motoring' > stepping on the gas > really going for it wink

That's some quantity dizzy spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    All remember that alcohol is a powerful drug and what we call a hangover is withdrawal which can increase in intensity over time, depending on the individual.
    Thomas