• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2011
    The Hangover 2?
    Kazoo
  1. Billy Wilder's The Lost Weekend is one that immediately comes to mind.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2011 edited
    Days of Wine and Roses.

And here's a list of 21 best movie alcoholics:

http://www.filmcritic.com/features/2008 … -all-time/
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2011
    Damnit, why do I never learn? Red wine, beer, vodka shots & champagne.....that's a lethal combo for me. At one point, I just had to go home, which eventually led to sickness and all it entails.

Ugh.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    You are sometimes hilarious! biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thor wrote
    Damnit, why do I never learn? Red wine, beer, vodka shots & champagne.....that's a lethal combo for me.

That's a lethal combo for anybody! wink
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2011 edited
    A different hangover today.

Just spent the weekend on our family island in the South of Norway, cleaning and preparing the house for the season. Painted three living rooms, windows, put up railings and other stuff with 16 of my extended family members. Add to that heavy drinking (both Friday and Saturday), I'm totally and utterly exhausted complete with nausea and headache.

But coziness as well, esp. when we made a bonfire Friday night, with red wine, beer, singing and two of our musically literate folks playing guitar and accordion.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2011
    Sounds like great fun! punk beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2011
    It was.

There's something very primal about men and their bonfires, don't you agree? I can sit around one for ages and just stare at it without saying anything. If the company is good, all the better.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2011 edited
    Thor wrote
    It was.

There's something very primal about men and their bonfires, don't you agree? I can sit around one for ages and just stare at it without saying anything. If the company is good, all the better.

Absolutely, ABSOFRIKKINLUTELY!

When going camping I always find it funny when blokes argue about the best way to make a fire, it's such a macho thing ( back to our primal ancestory wink ), I'm old enough and ugly enough to now step back and watch and laugh about it. biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. I think that this may just emphasise my latent gayness?

I've never made a fire, never gathered around a fire (except on a handful of occasions on Nov. 5th) and have never spent the night under canvas.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2011 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I think that this may just emphasise my latent gayness?

I've never made a fire, never gathered around a fire (except on a handful of occasions on Nov. 5th) and have never spent the night under canvas.

I suggest the next MT meeting be made in North Wales out in the wilds of Snowdonia, Alan needs fixing.

I'll loan you a spare tent Alan, I'll even build it for you ( I'd rather not use the word 'erect it' or 'put it up', you might get the wrong idea wink )
  3. Never mind about "erect", it was "Alan needs fixing" that got my back against the wall! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2011 edited
    Oops....I went three(!) alchohol units over my maximum doctor's order limit of 2 yesterday. But it was such a great evening with good folks, great "Christmas table"(julebord) dinner, dancing and smooching with hot girls to the wee hours of the morning, it almost felt like old times for a few hours. It's simply impossible to stop at 2. Of course, I'm paying the price with liver pain and hangover today, for an amount of alcohol that would never have affected me otherwise.

In a couple of hours, I will attend a live performance of Bach's Christmas oratorio in a church nearby, and hopefully that will ease the pain a bit.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2011
    Thor wrote
    Oops....I went three(!) alchohol units over my maximum doctor's order limit of 2 yesterday. But it was such a great evening with good folks, great "Christmas table"(julebord) dinner, dancing and smooching with hot girls to the wee hours of the morning, it almost felt like old times for a few hours. It's simply impossible to stop at 2. Of course, I'm paying the price with liver pain and hangover today, for an amount of alcohol that would never have affected me otherwise.

In a couple of hours, I will attend a live performance of Bach's Christmas oratorio in a church nearby, and hopefully that will ease the pain a bit.

I wish you'd be more careful Thor. I need you alive because my daughter is coming to Norway next year on a cruise and I would hope you two could have a nice chat.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2011 edited
    sdtom wrote
    Thor wrote

I wish you'd be more careful Thor. I need you alive because my daughter is coming to Norway next year on a cruise and I would hope you two could have a nice chat.
    Thomas

She does? Cool. I have to stay alive untill then, at least. wink

(you are right, though. I have to be careful).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2011
    I know you enjoy drinking but the extra work your liver goes through isn't worth the risk.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2011 edited
    And yes it's the first time I write in this thread! I can't say I have a hangover with the typical sense of the word. No headache or stomach problems but a heavy head and a sore throat from all the smoke are here with me this morning. Last night was a blast! Do not mix wine with Disaronno I'm telling you! The result is endless dancing! bounce
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2011
    Stavroula wrote
    And yes it's the first time I write in this thread! I can't say I have a hangover with the typical sense of the word. No headache or stomach problems but a heavy head and a sore throat from all the smoke are here with me this morning. Last night was a blast! Do not mix wine with Disaronno I'm telling you! The result is endless dancing! bounce

Well done!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2011
    Glad you had a nice time
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2011
    Not often I post in this thread anymore, but now I can. Had 6 pints yesterday. Far too much, of course, given my condition, but oh so good at the time. And oh, so painful today.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    What's your condition?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote
    What's your condition?

The chronic liver disease.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2011
    Thor wrote
    Steven wrote
    What's your condition?

The chronic liver disease.

way too much
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    With Christmas I had three glasses of wine with dinner. I also drank water with it. The dinner took hours by the way, so it wasn't that much wine. If I drink more than that my stomach starts to bug me at night and I hate that.

I also got Dow's tawney port from work and I drink one little glass of that each day now till the bottle is finished.
    wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Bregje wrote
    With Christmas I had three glasses of wine with dinner. I also drank water with it. The dinner took hours by the way, so it wasn't that much wine. If I drink more than that my stomach starts to bug me at night and I hate that.

I also got Dow's tawney port from work and I drink one little glass of that each day now till the bottle is finished.
    wink

most sensible
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2012
    5 days of film festival, drinking and partying takes its toll. I decided to throw all doctor's orders out the window, and go all-out these days. Afterparties to 5 in the morning both on Friday and Saturday. Almost like old times.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    5 days of film festival, drinking and partying takes its toll. I decided to throw all doctor's orders out the window, and go all-out these days. Afterparties to 5 in the morning both on Friday and Saturday. Almost like old times.

Attaboy!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Be careful, Thor. Great that you had fun though.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2012
    Feeling very tipsy and possibly prelude to hangover tomorrow (drinking lots of water in between courtesy of Thor's advice column) smile

Did I mention I was pretty hungover in Gent the next day?

Back to limoncello.