• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2013
    The only times I've been seriously hung over for days is after returning from Glastonbury though I've been much better behaved the last few years, just getting older I suppose.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. 24 hours.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. Never.

I'm not even kidding.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Thor, I seem to recall you saying recently that you have gained weight and that you were going to cut down on certain stuff, drinking included. No wait!!! That's not me talking!!!! That's that mum in me!!!!! I'll get my coat and walk to the door!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Never.

I'm not even kidding.

That doesn't surprise me. My oldest friend who I've known since we were 7 years old has never touched a drop of alcohol or been in a pub in his life.

...and I'm not kidding either.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stavroula wrote
    Thor, I seem to recall you saying recently that you have gained weight and that you were going to cut down on certain stuff, drinking included. No wait!!! That's not me talking!!!! That's that mum in me!!!!! I'll get my coat and walk to the door!

Can I have a drink Mom? Make it a double wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Any time you want my child! wink beer
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Cheers! beer drink
  3. Timmer wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Never.

I'm not even kidding.

That doesn't surprise me. My oldest friend who I've known since we were 7 years old has never touched a drop of alcohol or been in a pub in his life.

I've been in the odd pub or two but I don't ever get anything alcoholic. And it's not necessarily out of principle, or at least, not only; I just never really developed a taste for alcohol. Whenever I'm at a Greek restaurant I'll take miniscule sips of ouzo and that's pretty much as far as it goes for me - and even that is just because I like licorice so much. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Never.

I'm not even kidding.

I just remembered something about this. His older brother was a serious alcoholic who drank himself to an early grave about 10 years ago ( I don't think he was even 50 yrs old? ), that had everything to do with him never touching alcohol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Well when I drink ouzo I have to take minuscule sips too, because funnily enough with me being Greek, it's the only drink that can very easily send me flat on my back! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Stavroula wrote
    Well when I drink ouzo I have to take minuscule sips too, because funnily enough with me being Greek, it's the only drink that can very easily send me flat on my back! dizzy

Somewhere Martijn is having heart palpitations.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Stavroula wrote

I'm BUSTED!! wink

Yeah, you're right, Stavi. On the other hand, things always have to be weighed against each other. There were girls at this party, and so a little bit of alcohol helps in that regard (not too much, though!). However, things quickly plummeted from there, because fastforward a couple of hours and I was wailing out one karaoke song after the other -- AGAIN!
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Never.

I'm not even kidding.

I've been in the odd pub or two but I don't ever get anything alcoholic. And it's not necessarily out of principle, or at least, not only; I just never really developed a taste for alcohol. Whenever I'm at a Greek restaurant I'll take miniscule sips of ouzo and that's pretty much as far as it goes for me - and even that is just because I like licorice so much. wink

Licorice! lick Fom Denmark or the Netherlands with lots of ammonium chloride!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    If you like licorice-based drinks, I recommend Tyrkisk Peber (Turkish Pepper) -- based on one of my favourite candies.
    I am extremely serious.

5. Licorice! lick Fom Denmark or the Netherlands with lots of ammonium chloride!

Netherlands, absolutely. One of the things I stock up on when I'm back there. And parika crisps. And apple pie (though i know how to make my own now smile )

<s>
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Paprika-flavoured potato chips! A man after my own heart...
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thor wrote
    Unbelieveably, I'm still hung over after Saturday's party.

What is the longest you've ever been hung over?

How is that possible???
    Kazoo
  6. Holland definitely wins for licorice. lick
  7. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Holland definitely wins for licorice. lick

And ... one, two, three:

Wilhelmus van Nassouwe
    ben ik van Duitsen bloed (of German blood, ha ha!)
    den vaderland getrouwe
    blijf ik tot in den dood.
    Een Prinse van Oranje
    ben ik, vrij onverveerd,
    den Koning van Hispanje
    heb ik altijd geëerd.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSynchrotones
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2013 edited
    Captain Future wrote
    den vaderland getrouwe
    blijf ik tot in den dood.

Ha! Not really.

<s>, deserter.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2014
    I've got the King of all Hangovers today. First 10 days in New York and Boston with beer practically every day. Then directly into my grandmother's funeral, followed by the Norwegian Short Film Festival in my hometown Grimstad, with more heavy drinking every day and very late nights (got in bed 5 AM the last two nights, for example).

Dreading the 5-hour bus trip to Oslo in a couple of hours.

But I feel I've been totally out of the loop in terms of board going-ons and whatnot for the last 3 weeks. Did I miss anything exciting?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Did I miss anything exciting?

Not really! Steven Spielberg, Ridley Scott and John Williams joined up for a few days, caused a big argument and then Bregt banned them forever.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ha!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeah I know rolleyes

It was on the Food thread, Bregt wisely deleted their expletives filled posts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    applause
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2014
    I was so hung over yesterday, I couldn't even post in this thread.

Roughly the sequence of events on Satuday:

* Gearing up with a few beers at home, hanging out on Maintitles etc.
    * Dinner with my colleagues at restaurant. More beers consumed. This worked reasonably well.
    * On my way to an afterparty, I stumble and fall dramatically from a step. I break my glasses.
    * Now "blind", I go to the afterparty at the university
    * At the afterparty, I make out with a random girl I can hardly see.
    * On my way to afterparty 2, I lose my friends.
    * Walking on to afterparty 3, where I do nothing but sing karaoke.
    * On my way home at about 6:00, I forget my gloves and take someone else's shoes.

Just your average Norwegian Christmas party. slant
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2014 edited
    christmas_reindeer
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2014
    Thor wrote
    Just your average Norwegian Christmas party. slant

Of all the goings on, only this one baffles me:
    I forget my gloves and take someone else's shoes.

HOW did your feet end up in someone else's shoes?
    Unless of course...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  8. Yeah, did you visit a mosque or a synagogue?

Or was the final afterpaty at a private home? Is it customary to put off your shoes when visiting a private home in Norway? It's not in Germany but I know that it is elsewhere.

Volker