• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2009
    Thor wrote
    Bregt wrote
    I'm drunk. In Barcelona. Too much Cava and Estrella beer.

(Great city though. Reminds me of London)

It is indeed a great city. I loved it and I will be back.

Estrella is one of my all-time favourites too!

If you're hitting the disco tonight, try Apollo.

[Eh, nevermind, your post was two hours ago...you've long since hit the town]

Spain is such a great country for vacation! Warm people, so many places and things to see and do!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Very good weather too currently. Montserrat is defenitely on the program. Today will be focused on Gaudi and Parc Guëll.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Bregt wrote
    Very good weather too currently. Montserrat is defenitely on the program. Today will be focused on Gaudi and Parc Guëll.

Great choices.

Oh, and the forecast for this week is heat everywhere, with temperatures around 30ºC.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Marselus wrote
    Bregt wrote

Great choices.

Oh, and the forecast for this week is heat everywhere, with temperatures around 30ºC.

Booooooh!

Seriously, good for you.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote

Montserrat!? punk cool beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    And our temperatures are going to be between 12 and -4 Centigrade over the next 3 days.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2010
    Didn't really know where to post this, but the Al Green concert yesterday was cool! In fact, the whole evening was excellent, complete with Chinese restaurant, karaoke, fancy roof club, white wine in the park and the concert itself. So in a way, it was worth the hangover I'm currently experiencing. I put out three pics from the concert here:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6 … =530696277
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    isn't he getting to be a bit old
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote

If you've still got it, you've still got it, Tom. Look at Tom Jones, Shirley Bassey, The Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney....all still going very strong.

And film score wise there's still the incomparable Ennio Morricone.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am extremely dizzy on OUZO.......damn, anyone who's drunk enough of that knows what i am talking about.....!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    I am extremely dizzy on OUZO.......damn, anyone who's drunk enough of that knows what i am talking about.....!

I do! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    incredibly
    bad
    hangover

You know that i guess dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ouzo doesn't cause such bad hangovers?
    I only have the best experience with those (including unexpected and ill-remembered moments captured by cheap camera of dancing the sirtaki with native Greek men and cute British tourists).
    Ahhhh....Greece.
    Ahhhh...Ouzo.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah, want to see that vid! smile Well, it depends on how much you drink and how much extra water you add in it, or not. Btw i don't think there's any drink that when too much doesn't in fact leave a nasty hangover smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Granted , worst hangovers in my life were with wine.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    Especially if topped with beer.....never mix the grape and the grain.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    ^

For me, this depends. Sometimes all hell breaks loose if I do. Other times, it works surprisingly well, especially if I drink beer first, then wine.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    ^

I never mix anything. I start the night with one drink and end it with just that drink, nothing else in-between and no changes during one night.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Me too...most of the time...but I do occasionally go for whisky chasers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    ^

I never mix anything. I start the night with one drink and end it with just that drink, nothing else in-between and no changes during one night.

And you hate potatoe chips too! You're WEIRD! wink
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I mix anything, anywhere, anyhow.
    Never hurt me.

(Although there was this time I woke up in the Ukrainian capital, in a dark shed, and neither the gruff gentleman with the camera nor the three sheep and leather-clad negro muscleman were inclined to explain to me how I got there...)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    ^

And you hate potatoe chips too! You're WEIRD! wink

And i don't eat chocolate. Damn what's wrong with me! shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Martijn wrote
    (Although there was this time I woke up in the Ukrainian capital, in a dark shed, and neither the gruff gentleman with the camera nor the three sheep and leather-clad negro muscleman were inclined to explain to me how I got there...)

You have been everywhere!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I mix anything, anywhere, anyhow.
    Never hurt me.

^
    TRUE!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote
    You have been everywhere!

Ah, you know me.
    I'm into anything. wink

(Quite literally, apparently, as that bootleg Russian video seems to suggest.uhm )
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2010
    Timmer wrote
    sdtom wrote

If you've still got it, you've still got it, Tom. Look at Tom Jones, Shirley Bassey, The Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney....all still going very strong.

And film score wise there's still the incomparable Ennio Morricone.

Just asking a question dude
  1. I always feel quite pleased if I've consumed the Trinity of an evening: beer, wine, whisky. lick
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2010
    Cider, vodka and whisky had worked well for me before. Although just cider doesn't provide a pleasnt morning. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2010
    Ugh!

It was a fine night yesterday. Started off at a beer place downtown. One Murphy Stout (Irish), one Orvald (Belgian) and two Urstoff (German); a friend of mine is moving to Utilla in the Caribbean to work as dive master (yeah, I know, doesn't that sound like a dream?) and we were drinking him off. Then I went to the big party I talked about. Harald Eia, Norway's most famous comedian, was there and I ended up arguing with him. This is - believe it or not - the second time I've ended up in an argument with him. He's a great comedian, but we don't connect very well, apparently! smile

So in addition to the regular physical hangover, I have the good ol' "hangover anxiety".
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2010
    Sounds like fun Thor. So your mate has got a diving job in the Caribbean? Poor sod, but I suppose someone has to do it. wink

I took it very VERY easy last night, had a few beers and played pool ( very averagely rolleyes ), and now I've just returned from an afternoon party for a good friends 50th birthday, he's a top lawyer here in Bristol so it was a very civilised affair, a bit stiff dare I say, it was good to see him but we only stayed as long as politely necessary.

Tonight I'm hitting the pool contest and hope I'll be playing better than last night.