• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2010
    Doctor Who - Series 4: The Specials - Murray Gold
    From Disc 1 really only "Planet Of The Dead" is really good, the rest is pretty much forgettable. Disc 2 "The End Of Time" is excellent overall, although I can't understand all the love for the Vale Decem piece. Very ho-hum requiem-esque.
    Doctor Who: Series 5 - Murray Gold
    Not listened to it yet.
    Force 10 From Navarone - Ron Goodwin
    Not a classic, but a solid action/war score from the master, with an excellent march as its main theme.
    The War Wagon - Dimitri Tiomkin
    Not listened to it yet, but the clips sounded marvelous!
    A Bridge Too Far - John Addison
    Not listened to it yet, but the sound clips on Kritzerland seemed really good!.
    Les Deux Mondes - Richard Harvey
    Excellent and outré epic adventure score from tunesmith Harvey. Vey enjoyable romp in the vein of Bernstein's Heavy Metal.
    The Unforgiven/The Way West - Dimitri Tiomkin/Bronislau Kaper
    Bought this one primarily for Tiomkin's The Unforgiven...which is a bit messy and all over the place. Disappointing. sad
    Greystoke - John Scott
    Hm. Well crafted, but slow moving and not very catchy. A little disappointed. The overture is bloody ACE, though!

Still in transit:
    Conan The Barbarian (rerecording) - Basil Poledouris
    'nuff said.
    Red Sonja (re-issue) - Ennio Morricone
    I know the score very well. Looking forward to listen to the remastering job.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Just ordered:

- King Kong - James Newton Howard: finally getting it, because I love the film and its score never clicked until the last time I saw it.
    - Speed 2: Cruise Control - Mark Mancina: same here, only not because I love the film.
    - Thirteen Days - Trevor Jones: figured I should have this, because I'm a fan of the man.
    - Headhunter / Headhunter Redemption - Richard Jacques: getting this for the first Headhunter score.
    - Conan the Barbarian 2CD - Basil Poledouris: do I really have to say why?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2010
    13 Days is standard Jones' gem, you'll love it. Same goes for KING KONG, one of hist best scores. How's headhunter / hh:rd, any good? As for conan, no comment, a must-have! And speed 2, well a waste of money, thankfully not mine wink beer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. 13 Days is an underrated gem, too. My favourite Trevor Jones score. Nice to know that it's still in print!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2010
    PawelStroinski wrote
    13 Days is an underrated gem, too. My favourite Trevor Jones score. Nice to know that it's still in print!

The ...ummm...*cough* expanded version is very good.

My favourite still remains his sublime fantasy score for The Dark Crystal.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    13 Days is standard Jones' gem, you'll love it. Same goes for KING KONG, one of hist best scores. How's headhunter / hh:rd, any good? As for conan, no comment, a must-have! And speed 2, well a waste of money, thankfully not mine wink beer

Headhunter is really good, much better than James Bond: Bloodstone. There's a very cool overall sound (70 % orchestrated + 30 % synths, but they don't grate) and the themes are great. Redemption is not orchestrated and not as good as a result.

Speed 2, no seriously I love 90s Mancina, and I didn't think I would like this, since it didn't set me alight in the film, but then Thomas let me hear his copy... and I enjoyed it tremendously. So no money wasted dude !!! cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Twister is kick ass. The rest is blahhhhhhh wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2010 edited
    You are so wrong !!!!! sad

It happens to the best of us... tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

Twister did/does nothing for me, I don't think anything by Mancina has ever done anything for me!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Twister did/does nothing for me, I don't think anything by Mancina has ever done anything for me!?

well, nobody's perfect wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I know, it's not my fault that I have such exquisite and fine taste tongue
  5. Timmer wrote

oh my, are we not thinking highly of ourselves? wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote

Really, that's no way to talk about yourself and your brother.
  6. Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote

Really, that's no way to talk about yourself and your brother.

at least we admit it tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2010
    My first cd purchase in a loooong time-

Masamichi Amano - Super Atragon
    I saw Atham posting about this on MT and liked the youtube samples. I found a cd copy for very cheap. Haven't opened the cd yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2010 edited
    I once placed Spartacus in my ScreenArchives shopping basket, and simply left it there. Now ScreenArchives sent me a coupon for 10% discount on my order just so I can clean out my shopping basket. Hmm... tempting, tempting crazy

(p.s. want a 10% discount on an order and don't need the score right away? Put it in your basket! Ultimately they'll want you to clean it!).
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2010
    BobdH wrote
    I once placed Spartacus in my ScreenArchives shopping basket, and simply left it there. Now ScreenArchives sent me a coupon for 10% discount on my order just so I can clean out my shopping basket. Hmm... tempting, tempting crazy

(p.s. want a 10% discount on an order and don't need the score right away? Put it in your basket! Ultimately they'll want you to clean it!).

Same here. I had Greystoke in my shopping cart for a long time and they sent the 10% discount code. But I'm still not buying. Besides it's cheaper to purchase from MovieMusic. SAE shipping is a bit on the high side.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2010
    RAIN MAN arrived today. Superb score!!!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2010
    This thing made my day smile

Oh and hi everyone wave
  7. Look at you, as giddy as a school boy. biggrin

And man that record looks totally wicked!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2010 edited
    I know, i still feel like that ( shame ) when i pop that in wink beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote

Oh and hi everyone wave

Awesomeness! punk

What a cool design on the LP itself!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

Oh and hi everyone wave

I was just watching this and didn't realise who I was watching, Mel just glanced at it and said 'oh, he's cute' slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    hehahaha send her my greetings! wink beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Has your fiancee ever told you you're way too good-looking to be a film score nerd? wink
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    hehahaha send her my greetings! wink beer

No! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    Has your fiancee ever told you you're way too good-looking to be a film score nerd? wink

No! I.love.film.music. No!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote

Oh and hi everyone wave

Well.
    1. You're just a Johnny-come-lately to the vinyl craze, and therefore unworthy of respect
    2. You try and impress us old timers with Inception? I would have been expecting some Victor Young!
    3. the camera is pointing the wrong way.

wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  8. I was interested to hear that "Best f*cking thing ever!" is the same in any language! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin cool