• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2013
    skyfaallll http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWfg__w … ata_player
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    At first I was concerned how it would work out because, as we know, Newman hasn't done a massive amount of (if any?) action music before.

My expectations were met and throughly exceeded!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The action music in Wall-E and The Debt are probably the closest he got to the kind of action music he wrote in Skyfall. What he now needs is a big adventure epic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Sometimes, I think I'm the only person in the film score community who has a rather distanciated relationship to BOTH James Bond and STAR TREK.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'll meet you half way; I don't really care for James Bond. I think the old films are rubbish (although I understand their long-lasting appeal).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    Sometimes, I think I'm the only person in the film score community who has a rather distanciated relationship to BOTH James Bond and STAR TREK.

among other things smile kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2013 edited
    Steven wrote
    I'll meet you half way; I don't really care for James Bond. I think the old films are rubbish (although I understand their long-lasting appeal).

Yeah, I'm with you on that. I think the old ones are 99% cheese and don't care for them at all (saw them for the first time as an adult, just a few years ago). I like a couple of the Brosnans and enjoy the Craig era -- mostly because it's now closer to a JASON BOURNE aesthetic; more realistic, less cheesy. I think JASON BOURNE is fantastic.

Same with STAR TREK. I don't really care for any of the old stuff, neither TV nor films, but think the Abrams film was good. More "real" again, and less "pointy ears".

I don't HATE any of the old things of either franchise, and can even find degrees of enjoyment and entertainment in them, but I'm far, FAR away from the seeming obsession that most folks in film score forums have (here, FSM, JWFAN, you name it). It seems like everywhere I turn, it's either James Bond or STAR TREK or Jerry Goldsmith. It's a MADHOUSE, I tell ya!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I still think Newman's action cue from The Great Outdoors is the best up tempo piece he has ever written... next to "The Bloody Shot" of course.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Newman should do a horror film. Then he should do the next X-Men film.
  2. Steven wrote
    The action music in Wall-E and The Debt are probably the closest he got to the kind of action music he wrote in Skyfall. What he now needs is a big adventure epic.

Angels in America, Red Corner, The Adjustment Bureau, and The Good German are other good examples.

Newman's written plenty of action music. cool
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    I still think Newman's action cue from The Great Outdoors is the best up tempo piece he has ever written... next to "The Bloody Shot" of course.

-Erik-

I haven't heard a more exciting opening cue last year than "Grand Bazaar, Istanbul."
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2013
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Steven wrote

Angels in America, Red Corner, The Adjustment Bureau, and The Good German are other good examples.

Newman's written plenty of action music. cool

Hmm, not really. Those films contain action, but they're not scored quite like the 'straightforward' action in Skyfall.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Newman should do a horror film. Then he should do the next X-Men film.

I thought it a shame Darabont didn't have TN on The Mist.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I haven't heard a more exciting opening cue last year than "Grand Bazaar, Istanbul."

Amazing cue indeed ! Such a great score, miles ahead the overrated Argo bore by Desplat !
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Demetris wrote
    Amazing cue indeed ! Such a great score, miles ahead the overrated Argo bore by Desplat !

What was the point of that?

confused

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2013
    Similar style. One is great, other is dull but celebrated as a great one.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2013

Nooooooooooooo!

Loads of one minute plus cues.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Excellent news!

Thomas Newman to Score Pixar’s ‘The Good Dinosaur’

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2013/03/15 … -dinosaur/
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote
    Excellent news!

Thomas Newman to Score Pixar’s ‘The Good Dinosaur’

You're 7 hrs too late. Do you not read any last posts?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    This just in! Newman to score Pixar's The Good Dinosaur:

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    This just in! Newman to score Pixar's The Good Dinosaur:

Now that's exciting news.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Now that's news!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2013 edited
    yeeaaa boiiiiii
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2013
    Demetris wrote
    yeeaaa boiiiiii

Go away, the party is over.
  4. I'm especially piqued about the tidbit at the end too. Can't wait to see what the "major studio film" will be.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2013
    Expected but very welcome news!

THOMAS NEWMAN TO SCORE 'FINDING DORY' (sequel to finding nemo)

http://pixarne.ws/thomas-newman-to-score-finding-dory/
  5. Two Pixar projects coming up. Awesome.