• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2009
    lol Or maybe Powell's
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Miya wrote
    lol Or maybe Powell's

True, Millennium Celebration is a bit more Powell than Zimmer anyway...
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    NP: Hannah Montana: The Movie (Promo) - John Debney

Don't judge me tongue
    It has instrumental versions of one of my favorite songs. Also it has typical Debney Americana prettiness. Also it is short.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Scribe wrote
    Miya wrote
    lol Or maybe Powell's

True, Millennium Celebration is a bit more Powell than Zimmer anyway...

He was Powell's partner when they're in the UK. That's one of the little information I could get by Google dizzy

NP: Interviews on Bambi soundtrack - Walt Disney, Ollie Johnston & Frank Thomas, Henry Mancini (!?)

spin I'm learning English. spin
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Scribe wrote
    Hmm...I wonder where you got that from. wink
    I am glad you are enjoying it...it's some incredible music, some of the most joyful stuff to ever come from Zimmer & friends...

beer kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    NP: Bolt - John Powell

Sadly, the only Powell I own. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    William wrote

Great score, this one. To begin the collection of Powell scores, I recommend starting with Chicken Run, one of the best and most fun animation scores ever!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    William wrote

BOURNE SUPREMACY
    BOURNE SUPREMACY
    BOURNE SUPREMACY
    BOURNE SUPREMACY
    BOURNE SUPREMACY

Oh, and did I mention....

BOURNE SUPREMACY
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Hunchback Of Notre Dame - Alan Menken

One of my favourite scores ever, astounding choral action music and lovely emotional themes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Timmer wrote
    William wrote

BOURNE SUPREMACY
    BOURNE SUPREMACY
    BOURNE SUPREMACY
    BOURNE SUPREMACY
    BOURNE SUPREMACY

BOURNE SUPREMACY

All the 3 Bourne scores are must-haves! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : HEAVY METAL - Elmer Bernstein

Brilliant work punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2009 edited
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Public Enemies - Elliot Goldenthal

But HORRIBLY produced album! Only 15 minutes of score, that too interrupted by songs? slant
    I hope they release an expanded or something later, this release isn't satisfactory.

I don't think it's horribly produced at all, I think it all fits together very well which I can only assume provides a good musical representation of the film. Just because we as score fans tend to prefer little or no songs doesn't necessarily imply it's a 'horribly produced album' IMO.

Christodoulides wrote
    ELLIOT GOLDENTHAL - public enemies

Traits from Road to Perdition, Shore's The Yards, Zimmer's THE THIN RED LINE, all dressed with the Goldenthal grandness i SO miss from the film music of today; restrained but dramatic and passionate with a sweeping main theme, i think i am in score-heaven!

It's not the best film music I've heard on album this year, but I'm definitely looking forward to hearing it in the film. I think I'll have to give it another close listen to hear this 'sweeping' theme you're hearing though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Timmer wrote
    William wrote

BOURNE SUPREMACY
    BOURNE SUPREMACY
    BOURNE SUPREMACY
    BOURNE SUPREMACY
    BOURNE SUPREMACY

BOURNE SUPREMACY

OK. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Steven wrote
    I don't think it's horribly produced at all, I think it all fits together very well which I can only assume provides a good musical representation of the film. Just because we as score fans tend to prefer little or no songs doesn't necessarily imply it's a 'horribly produced album' IMO.

From what I heard there's quite some good action/dramatic music in the film, and there's nothing in that spirit on the album. Doesn't sound like a good representation of the score to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    As well as Supremacy:

PAYCHECK
    CHICKEN RUN

Three essential Powell scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    DemonStar wrote
    Steven wrote

From what I heard there's quite some good action/dramatic music in the film, and there's nothing in that spirit on the album. Doesn't sound like a good representation of the score to me.

Perhaps, I've not seen the film so I don't know. I still don't think that automatically makes it a horribly produced album, it just means it's a bad presentation of the score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Ok, I think I expressed what I wanted to say poorly... tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Public Enemies - Elliot Goldenthal

But HORRIBLY produced album! Only 15 minutes of score, that too interrupted by songs? slant
    I hope they release an expanded or something later, this release isn't satisfactory.

Christodoulides wrote
    ELLIOT GOLDENTHAL - public enemies

Traits from Road to Perdition, Shore's The Yards, Zimmer's THE THIN RED LINE, all dressed with the Goldenthal grandness i SO miss from the film music of today; restrained but dramatic and passionate with a sweeping main theme, i think i am in score-heaven!

It's not the best film music I've heard on album this year, but I'm definitely looking forward to hearing it in the film. I think I'll have to give it another close listen to hear this 'sweeping' theme you're hearing though.

Mate, 16 minutes of score IS horrible editing.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote

But that's not the point. I was disagreeing with it being a badly produced album - I don't believe it is because the songs and score work as a whole. It just (apparently) doesn't give a good presentation of the score.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote

How so? There's hardly any more music in the movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

How so? There's hardly any more music in the movie.

That's a very valid point. Anyone else seen the movie and know exactly how much music is missing before we blow a gasket!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    So, Goldenthal wrote and recorded 16 minutes of score?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote

There's not much more tbh, just some suspense cues.

And look on the bright side, this jazzy stuff is cool

How much score did Collateral have? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Mate, there's a promo score for Collateral too.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    And how much of that 22 minutes is ambiance... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote

Would it surprise you if he did? How many minutes did Alan Silvestri write for Cast Away?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    There's almost hour of music for Cast Away, not on the official album of course.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    And how much of that 22 minutes is ambiance... wink

Some people call 'HEAT' ambiance too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    There's almost hour of music for Cast Away, not on the official album of course.

WRONG! Silvestri wrote just under 17 minutes of music for the film (pretty much the same theme in variation).

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

WRONG! Silvestri wrote just under 20 minutes of music for the film (pretty much the same theme in variation).

-Erik-

True. If you have the end credits piece, you've pretty much got the whole score. Anyway, this is besides the point. If, as Anthony has said, the remaining score not on Goldenthal's album is nothing particularly notable in comparison to what is on the album, then I fail to see how the 16 minutes is 'bad editing'? Or indeed a bad album?

The point here is it's a shame there isn't more score to enjoy period. But what still makes me happier than an Oompa-Loompa with basic employment rights is the fact that Goldenthal is working on films again!

punk