• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2009
    TERMINATOR SALVATION

Finally watched this on DVD last night.

First off, I didn't know they got David Beckham to play John Connor!?

And the film? I'm trying to think of something good to say about it and I can't!

Very unlikable.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Honestly I was expecting Terminator Salvation to be total crap, but it wasn't, it's just not in the same league as the first three. It's a good idea but the actors left me cold. But I loved the Arnie CGI cameo, that one was very welcome. But they seriously don't need to make another one.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    TERMINATOR SALVATION

And the film? I'm trying to think of something good to say about it and I can't!

Very unlikable.

I really liked it! Each to their own I guess.
  2. Timmer wrote
    TERMINATOR SALVATION

Very unlikable.

it's decent and the Arnie move is brilliant
    but it has no emotion whatsoever, and the constant different actors who play the same role begin to annoy the hell out of me, it doesn't help emotionally whatsoever

they should have used Furlong for this one, also in T3 angry
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I really enjoyed it, and it has some great set pieces, but one thing I noticed on both viewings was that it didn't suck me in. It feels as if you're watching a film rather than a good film which makes you feel like you're in it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Edward Furlong? I'm not sure many producers are going to want to hire Furlong. And as far as the guy who played John Conner in the third movie, well, who'd follow him into battle?
  3. Anthony wrote
    I really enjoyed it, and it has some great set pieces, but one thing I noticed on both viewings was that it didn't suck me in. It feels as if you're watching a film rather than a good film which makes you feel like you're in it.

hence the reason I said it didn't emotionally move me

It's the same like Gyllenhaal in The Dark Knight, if you have Holmes in that movie reprising her role, things would have been completely different (and better for the specific scene), now I didn't feel a thing
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Same ^^

Although I think Gyllenhaal is a better actor, but Katie Holmes is much, much hotter.
  4. Steven wrote
    Edward Furlong? I'm not sure many producers are going to want to hire Furlong. And as far as the guy who played John Conner in the third movie, well, who'd follow him into battle?

there are enough baddies who play movie roles (look at Bale tongue )

I'm just saying, even when he was little in T2, there was a John Connor strength in him, but that's me
  5. Anthony wrote
    Same ^^

Although I think Gyllenhaal is a better actor, but Katie Holmes is much, much hotter.

they are both cute, and good actresses

but I just wished Holmes would have been in The Dark Knight too shame
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote

A very worthy point Ant and that's exactly what I felt too. Also the film looked 'insubstantial', the cgi seemed really off to me, I can't quite put my finger on it and I don't have any inclination to sit through it again.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

It's the same like Gyllenhaal in The Dark Knight, if you have Holmes in that movie reprising her role, things would have been completely different (and better for the specific scene), now I didn't feel a thing

I see your point, but I felt Gyllenhaal was a far more capable actor than Tom Cruise's prisoner. I found it very easy to distance myself from the first film since the sequel was substantially better in pretty much all respects.
  6. Steven wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

I see your point, but I felt Gyllenhaal was a far more capable actor than Tom Cruise's prisoner. I found it very easy to distance myself from the first film since the sequel was substantially better in pretty much all respects.

Tom Cruise's prisoner hahaha lol

I'm still one of those people that think the first one is the best of the 2 smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Also agree. ^^

I'm just anal so continuity even in the actors is important!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2009 edited
    I didn't care much for the character in the first film anyway (or at least Katie Holmes), so it didn't bother me in the slightest. I'm quite glad that Cruise impregnated her since we ended up with a far better actor/actress for the sequel.
  7. Anthony wrote
    I'm just anal so continuity even in the actors is important!

right on brother punk
  8. Steven wrote
    I didn't care much for the character in the first film anyway (or at least Katie Holmes), so it didn't bother me in the slightest. I'm quite glad that Cruise impregnated her since we ended up with a far better actor/actress for the sequel.

omg, you're on a role Steven biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I think Katie Holmes is a twut.

And Maggie is hotter than Katie.
    Kazoo
  9. Bregt wrote

what the hell is a twut? smile
  10. Something between twat and twit?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  11. PawelStroinski wrote
    Something between twat and twit?

I think it is just a word when drunk from Looza
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote
    TERMINATOR SALVATION

Very unlikable.

it's decent and the Arnie move is brilliant
    but it has no emotion whatsoever, and the constant different actors who play the same role begin to annoy the hell out of me, it doesn't help emotionally whatsoever

they should have used Furlong for this one, also in T3 angry

I saw it at the cinema and can't remember the slightest thing from it.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    Same ^^

I am seeing things.....! :lolcat:
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Bregt wrote

uhm

Nah... Gyllenhaal is a bit of a pooch however Holmes at the moment looks like Scientology did some unspeakable things to her and dumped her in a back alley. The pre-Tom Cruise Dawson's Creek Kate Holmes was at one time in my Top 3.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2009
    Desperado

I found this very enjoyable, even though most of the time I didn't really know what was going on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Oh, and you can keep your Katie and Maggie. Salma is a proper woman!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    Oh, and you can keep your Katie and Maggie. Salma is a proper woman!

Ba-zing! Indeed!

-Erik--
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    Me with them two....Salma lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Salma is really indeed sexiest babe on Earth. lick I watch Desperado just for the sake of her. biggrin
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    KING KONG (1933)

I think that from the three versions of this movie I have seen, this is the best. What I particularly liked is that in this original version King Kong is really a beast and not a sensitive hero of a weird romance. The girl doesn't love him at all, she is just afraid of him and is eager to get rid of the beast.
    The special effects seem funny sometimes for the modern eye but one can only have respect for the creators because the movie is 76 years old and they did a groundbreaking work.