• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2013
    I thought it was very, very fun!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. I loved the movie, I loved the score in context and my Polish review of the score was the first time I actually gave Brian Tyler full 4 stars. The album is far from perfect and it doesn't quite live up to what Tyler promised in interviews (it's not as "classic sounding" as he promised it to be, that is), but yeah.

Though, I'd probably give 4 stars to Far Cry 3 as well, but I've yet got to play the game to objectively assess the music, the album was a total shock.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2013
    Timmer wrote
    I want escapism, so off to the cinema later today.....Ironman 3 or Star Trek? Mmmmmmmm??

When in doubt...............watch both! cool

STAR TREK: INTO DARKNESS

Now I've seen the film I went and read John & James spoilers from the previous page and I have nothing to add, I felt and thought exactly the same. Very enjoyable film though and I thought Cumberbatch was great though I'd have preferred him playing a different character in a different story. As for the music, aside from that wonderful theme there didn't seem much to it ( here I also agree with James comparison with a certain other film ), still, I'll probably pick it up.

Film: 6.5/10
    Score: Dunno?

IRONMAN 3

I loved this, great fun, great cast, very funny. Brian Tyler's score was better than a lot of his that I've heard, the theme was pretty good though that's only because it's compared to the majority of lame-ass superhero themes.

Film: 8/10
    Score: 5/10
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. How did you like the Mandarin, Tim? To me the best line of the movie is [spoiler]BLOODY HELL!

I don't think I ever saw Ben Kingsley THIS hilarious.
    [/spoiler]
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2013 edited
    He was very good, to be honest I can't think of anything Ben Kingsley has been bad in, even the excruciating Thunderbirds.

[spoiler]I really didn't see that coming, I really thought he was the films 'big bad baddie'[/spoiler]
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2013
    Ben Kingsley was excellent, and I certainly didn't see that coming.

I wouldn't go in there for twenty minutes...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2013
    Anthony wrote
    Ben Kingsley was excellent, and I certainly didn't see that coming.

I wouldn't go in there for twenty minutes...

That was a LOL moment. biggrin
  3. What did you think of [spoiler]Iron Patriot's computer password?[/spoiler]
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2013 edited
    I liked the fact it showed what Rhodey thought of it. wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2013
    Tony needs Gary.

And Gary needs Tony.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm watching Eurovision Song Contest, and blimey if I didn't just hear a track I actually liked, the Netherlands entry was melancholic yet uplifting, very good IMO.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2013 edited
    ...and now it's a Romanian falsetto singing Peter Andre on acid in a pantomime wizard costume with semi-naked dancing men....WTF! dizzy

EDIT: a well built girl just came on dancing....'phew!'
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    I'm watching Eurovision Song Contest, and blimey if I didn't just hear a track I actually liked, the Netherlands entry was melancholic yet uplifting, very good IMO.

Yeah, that was a good one inbetween all the crap.

I actually also like Norway's contribution this year -- a slightly down-and-dirty electropop song that wouldn't be out of place in something like TRON: LEGACY. It's coming up soon.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Hopefully it'll come up soon because I'm going out before the show ends.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeah, not bad really.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    It helps that Margaret is gorgeous too. Lovely curves; she's been nicknamed a 'Godess' in the Norwegian media. smile

Have a great one out on the town, Tim. beer

PS. What was the UK thinking, sending Bonnie friggin' Tyler to the ESC?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeah, not just that but the song is shite too!

Anyway, I'm off now, cheers Thor beer

p.s. The Nowegian singer was hot but I preferred the curvy Ukrainian goddess lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote

smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2013
    So Denmark won! At least we kept it within Scandinavia. A fourth place ain't too bad for Norway....our song was really far too 'intelligent' and arty to be the winner in this contest.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2013
    Just heard the song. The singer is cute, but that continuous 'broken sob' vocal stylistic is SO 1990 Sinéad O'Connor/ALanis Morisette ...I've always hated that particular trick witha passion. It adds nothing. It's not clever, it's not strong, it's not beautiful, it's not musical.
    It is however thoroughly annoying.

Well. Lego viking song festival next time.
    Good luck the Danes.
    Sigh.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. The ESC ended for Germany just the way I predicted. Well, you did not have to be a prophet to do so, given the political situation. The German song was shite too.

Good for Denmark, they also would have gotten my vote.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  5. So I saw Star Trek into Darkness.
    Im not much of a film reviewer and all the important things have been said already anyway.
    I enjoyed the film as well as it's score. Chris Pine succeeds so well in channeling Williams Shattner that in some scenes I felt like actually seing him through Pine.

What I did not like so much:
    - Cars with wheels, men wearing ties, officers wearing peaked caps (right word?). Too much present in that future for my taste. I liked that in ENTERPRISE but that was much closer to our time.
    - The climactic scene towards the end seemd forced and unnecessary.

The plot had a number of logic holes, but that seems to be the curse of films with the initial word "Star" in their title.

But that's all. Otherwise I felt very well entertained.

Volker

PS: They stole those pulsating vehicle engine sounds from Star Wars.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  6. I watched all 17 episodes of the short-lived TV seires "Strange Luck". I had only seen some of the episodes when it originally aired.

The show is about freelance photographer named Chance Harper, whom has unusually good and weird luck.

It never takes Chance more than seven scratch off tickets to win money. It's not unusual for him to deliver a baby, find a prostetic leg in the road, have his car hit by frozen flying airplane poop, or get caught up in a wild series of events involving a potato that looks like Elvis.

Chance is the sole survivor of a plane crash, until he finds out his brother was not aboard the plane.

In spite of all the potential it had, it never reached the qaulity of "The X-Files", "Nowhere Man", and other strong series. Early on some of the writing was sloppy, the plots slow and yeilding little, and the chemistry between the characters didn't take off right away. By the way, one episode ends with personsaying that if he;s in trouble, to contact the only person in the F.B.I. he trusts, a man named "Mulder" (when that episode originally aired, "The X-Files" began right afterward)

The casting was good, not great, but it worked.

The show lost some of it's weird quirkiness that made it appealing, and moved more into grand conpsiracies like the two aforementioned shows above. It worked, but some of the charm was gone, and the main supporting cast was edged out.

The show's theme and episode music was done solely by Mark Mothersbaugh. While I'm sure some of it would make a good seperate listening experience, it was mostly supportive and nothing remarkable. It was also often loud and in your face, banging you over the head (not in a good way) until you wish it had gone away, and sometimes poorly spotted and improperly scored.

As the series went on we got more answers, but kept having more questions, and the climax at the end of the last episode, leaves us with no answers and tons more questions.

If you want a somewhat interesting show that you don't have to invest a lot in, I guess it might work for you.

There's been no VHS or DVD release, so all you got is Youtube. (search words: "Strange Luck" "Episode 1")
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2013
    I just watched Fast And Furious 6. Sweet Jesus.

It was the most utterly ridiculos film I have ever seen and then [spoiler]Jason Statham shows up at the end[/spoiler].
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2013 edited
    Anthony wrote
    I just watched Fast And Furious 6. Sweet Jesus.

It was the most utterly ridiculos film I have ever seen

I watched the first one. It was so traumatizingly boring that I haven't seen any of the sequels. I wonder why people even go to see these movies, as everyone seems to hate them. You know you'll end up having a miserable time, so why go and see it? Makes me wonder whether the success of these movies is entirely due to marketing.

Anthony wrote
    and then [spoiler]Jason Statham shows up at the end[/spoiler].

omgomgomg!!!..... Who?

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2013
    Thor wrote
    So Denmark won! At least we kept it within Scandinavia. A fourth place ain't too bad for Norway....our song was really far too 'intelligent' and arty to be the winner in this contest.

Yeah! *waves danish flag around while singing the national anthem

Anyway, I didn't even see the contest. Having watched the winning song on youtube, I can say that I like the flute and drums quite a bit. The singing is rather Shakira-like and the chorus somewhat catchy, but the unoriginality of it all is enough to make Tyler Bates blush.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2013
    How's lucas vidal's score for ff6?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  7. Demetris wrote

Is it even going to get a release? I must say with the film already out and no word of one it doesn't look very promising. And what was up with that rumor of him being replaced by ( rolleyes ) Atticus Ross? An odd situation all around, this one...though I hope we do get to hear the score, I enjoyed Vidal's scores last year.
  8. Guess the poster with Ross' name was either incorrect/fake; or one of those rare instances where a score is replaced, a new score done, then the original score is reinstated.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2013
    Demetris wrote

I saw the movie, and I hardly even noticed it. Some of the quieter moments sort of sounded like Tyler, but there's nothing you'd want to hear away from the film.