• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. keky wrote
    Prince of Persia : Sands of Time

I was pleasantly surprised by this. I didn't expect anything good from this movie but I received a fine old-fashioned adventure-fantasy. What I liked was that it was not based on special effects but rather the events and actions. It was a very fast-paced movie so I didn't feel bored.
    I also liked the music in the movie. I haven't heard it outside of it, but in the movie it worked very well.

Even though it uses little of the game's story or powers, it was indeed a fun enough film. I must say that the special effects pale if you compare them to Avatar's perfect visual look, but what doesn't? As for the characters, there is some chemistry between Dastan and Tamina (my god Gemma's hot in this one shocked ) and it aids the story's credibility. I would have loved to see they used the script of the game more (especially the absolute end) but I still think it works

As for the hardcore fans of the game, he does one wall run (and it's practically visible) shame

7 out of 10
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    I heard from people who've seen it that it's a pleasant, no-brainer summer adventure flick, very much like Pirates of the Caribbean in many aspects.

Now add The Mummy to that comment and I'll be completely sold !!! smile

May well be the best videogame-turned-movie if what I hear about it is true.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. DreamTheater wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    I heard from people who've seen it that it's a pleasant, no-brainer summer adventure flick, very much like Pirates of the Caribbean in many aspects.

Now add The Mummy to that comment and I'll be completely sold !!! smile

May well be the best videogame-turned-movie if what I hear about it is true.

no, it's not the best considering they barely use half of the game's potential, script and strengths. But considering the crappy movie adaptations that some games continue to receive, this is definitely one of the better

as said I give it 7, and I'm a huge fan of the games
    But I find The Mummy better, definitely humor wise
  4. Dude don't get me wrong but if you were a real fan of the games, you'd be getting The Forgotten Sands no matter what the reviews say it is. tongue
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2010
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

It's the first time I've watched this all the way through in ages. And I loved it - again!

And what made it even better was the fact that David, my 11-year-old son asked to watch it!! Although it's an 18-certificate film, by today's standards, it's a film that's not got too much that would restrict it for someone David's age. And I thought that he'd be too bored with it to last the 3 hours it was on.

But credit to David - or should the credit go to Leone? - David sat through the entire film and really enjoyed it. He found the story a bit difficult to follow but he did like it. And remembered the music from his dad's mp3 player!

punk

He has good taste, no doubt from his ole man. I'd raise his allowance.

Peter smile
  5. And he's asked for Morricone's score to be added to his mp3 player! I've given him all the tracks. I'll be interested to see which tracks he keeps.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2010
    If he's anything like me, he'll keep two.
  6. Steven wrote

TWO!!

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
    The Sunset
    The Rope Bridge
    Pursuit
    The Desert
    The Carriage of The Spirits
    Father Ramirez
    The Death of A Soldier
    The Ecstasy of Gold
    The Trio
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Steven wrote

shocked
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

Lets hope he's nothing like you and develops better taste tongue
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Steven wrote

TWO!!

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
    The Sunset
    The Rope Bridge
    Pursuit
    The Desert
    The Carriage of The Spirits
    Father Ramirez
    The Death of A Soldier
    The Ecstasy of Gold
    The Trio

cool beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Lets hope he's nothing like you and develops better taste tongue

Taste is overrated.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Well, if you will insist on greasy burgers, beer and Transformers...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You had me at greasy burgers. lick
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I had myself at beer. lick
  7. DreamTheater wrote
    Dude don't get me wrong but if you were a real fan of the games, you'd be getting The Forgotten Sands no matter what the reviews say it is. tongue

I'm a fan of the original 3 games, once they started changing everything, part of the magic got lost
  8. You don't get it, The Forgotten Sands is a return to the former glory, completely ignoring that weird visual style POP.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2010
    PRINCE OF PERSIA

Quite entertaining, albeit not the slightest intelligent. However, am i the only one seeing Lost all around me? There's a container with a God-given wrath that if guarded and kept safe, balance of life is maintained and evil is limited in there, if let go the end as we know it will cease to exist, and there's also two brothers, one good and one evil, fighting over it. Fuck me.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  9. That's more Pandora box, you know biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    PRINCE OF PERSIA

Quite entertaining, albeit not the slightest intelligent. However, am i the only one seeing Lost all around me? There's a container with a God-given wrath that if guarded and kept safe, balance of life is maintained and evil is limited in there, if let go the end as we know it will cease to exist, and there's also two brothers, one good and one evil, fighting over it. Fuck me.

True, but as Pawel said, it's the old Pandora's box fable (and evil brother/good brother certainly wasn't Lost's invention).
  10. DreamTheater wrote
    You don't get it, The Forgotten Sands is a return to the former glory, completely ignoring that weird visual style POP.

yeah, that I know, but it's different still
    maybe I'll rent it or buy it cheap, and perhaps then It will change my mind, but for now, no thanks tongue
  11. Or wait until september 1st. wink
  12. DreamTheater wrote
    Or wait until september 1st. wink

nah, I rather want something else then smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2010
    Watching old episodes of Top Gear on Dave ( it's a channel ), noticing they use a lot of Shore's LOTR music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    They use a lot of all kinds of scores on Top Gear. The music supervisor is clearly a film music fan as new ones often contain newer scores.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    They use a lot of all kinds of scores on Top Gear. The music supervisor is clearly a film music fan as new ones often contain newer scores.

I know that, but the two episodes I saw both featured a lot of LOTR in particular.

You would probably recognise one of the episodes that featured cars being blown away by a 747's engines.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ah yes, the 2CV and the Ford Mondeo. They used the Urak-Hai theme, didn't they?

Not that I watch Top Gear much...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Obviously!

Cripes! I 0nly watched this a couple of hours ago and you remember the details better than me dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's the obsessive Anthony-like side of me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Speaking of which, I'm watching Lost from the beginning again. Nice to see the first season again, I guess it was 6 years ago it was first on Channel 4.... 6 years! shocked

Anyway. Kate. She's ball-bustingly cute in the first season. (Not that she isn't in the later ones.)