• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2009
    Martijn wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Is anyone else in the Christmas tradition going to watch the best Christmas film ever made?

I speak no other than Die Hard itself.

I thought you'd be talking about It's A Wonderful Life, which is what I was gonna watch. shame

Pure class! Get rid of that ' shame '
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Oh yeah, and George Pal's THE TIME MACHINE is one of the best Christmasy films ever made....FACT!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    And A Muppet's Christmas Carol. (The definitive version if you ask me. Oh yeah.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    I'd say the proportions certainly look very accurate.

R-i-i-i-i-i-g-h-t-t-t-t...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Foul Play
    Silly comedy starring Goldie Hawn and Chevy Chase. The plot's a mix and mash of Hitchcock.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2009
    Greenfingers
    Helen Mirren and Clive Owen. A charming Brit film based on the true story of prisoners taking to gardening and competing for the big prize at the Hampton Court Flower Show.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTimon
    Let The Right One In. I don't get what makes this movie so special. Every 5 or 10 minutes something unbelievable happens. And it's sooo slow. On top of that, the trailer (in which the movie seems like maybe a masterpiece) gave every strong image of the film away... 6/10

Frozen River - big let down.. Well performed but plain bad digital cinematography and a lousy script. 7/10

The Wrestler - Simple story, but Aronofsky and Rourke bring this very exellent to the screen. Rather uplifting sad movie, this is. 8/10

State Of Play. Perfect modern version of a classic crime and conspiracy-flicker. Russel Crowe is reliable, Ben Affleck is actually good, Robin Wright Penn is underrated again, Michael Berresse is very chilling, Helen Mirren nails it and Jason Bateman totally steals his scenes. 9/10
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timon wrote
    State Of Play. Perfect modern version of a classic crime and conspiracy-flicker. Russel Crowe is reliable, Ben Affleck is actually good, Robin Wright Penn is underrated again, Michael Berresse is very chilling, Helen Mirren nails it and Jason Bateman totally steals his scenes. 9/10

Let´s not forget sweet Rachel McAdams love
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Timon wrote

This was a very good movie! Great story and a fine thriller... very under-rated.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Die Hard
    Always entertaining even if you watch it for the n'th time.

"Only John can drive someone that crazy" cheesy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    "It's Johnson...no, the other one!" biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BhelPuri wrote
    Timon wrote

This was a very good movie! Great story and a fine thriller... very under-rated.

9/10 for state of play? Talking about over-doing it! It was good but it dragged at so many levels..
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2009 edited
    BhelPuri wrote
    Die Hard

"Only John can drive someone that crazy" cheesy

Holy shit yeah, it's that time of the year again... been wanting to see it too, the whole series is just a big blast (literally) and I can't say I dislike one installment yet.

Today I saw

Angels & Demons

Well the first 45 minutes anyway... What a turn-off, I was so uninterested by the whole setup I couldn't watch any further, what a bloated bunch of nothingness. I decided to spend my time better by listening to Horner's The Four Feathers.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2009
    DreamTheater wrote
    BhelPuri wrote
    Die Hard

Holy shit yeah, it's that time of the year again... been wanting to see it too, the whole series is just a big blast (literally) and I can't say I dislike one installment yet.

Hah! I like them all too.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    In reply to Gilles:-

I'd say you chose wisely except it took you 45 minutes.

unfortunately I showed no wisdom whatsoever and ploughed on right through to the sorry arse end.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Timmer wrote

unfortunately I showed no wisdom whatsoever and ploughed on right through to the sorry arse end.

That's... brutal!
    lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Christodoulides wrote

Funny thing is that the things they do are 50% more extreme than the rest of the world. Then they go and blur it hehehe.

Hmmm.... interesting, isn't it? I call those people as hypocrites. In fact, its everywhere. What can we do? I expect let the world comes to an end on December 21, 2012 biggrin
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BhelPuri wrote
    Timmer wrote

That's... brutal!
    lol

ANGELS AND DEMONS is very entertaining. S you. wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    it sucked big ones.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It was just so... bland. When I saw it in the cinemas (yes, the cinema rolleyes ), I kept asking myself "So, er, when do I start caring about the story?"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    If the film had a colour it would be a bleached biege.
  1. Let the Right One In

I already heard great things from this movie, but I didn't thought it would be this good. Man, this is in general a typical love affair plot, but thrown in a cold, horrible environment. The actors are very good (especially the 2 teens) and I was ready for some gore, but the way the director builds to the attacks and gore moments are awesome. Some scenes are even so amazingly done, I'm wondering how on earth they did it. The end was great, some scenes are poetic visually and the music really enhanced the love and horror

On Blu-ray it kicks ass punk

8 out of 10
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Timmer wrote
    it sucked big ones.

it was entertaining for me, because it moved 20 thousand times faster than The Da Vinci Code, after the 45 minutes, it basically became a thriller movie
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I must have missed the part where it was thrilling.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    lol
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    BACK TO THE FUTURE PT. 2

I guess this is one of those films you need to see when it comes out. Unfortunately seeing it for the first time in 2009 shows it's aged terribly, and I couldn't get through 20 minutes of it. slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Really? The BTTF films seem pretty timeless to me and compared with much of the blockbuster dross that has paraded as entertainment since then it's a trio of films with a great, if convoluted, story line and treats it's audience intelligently.

20 minutes is hardly time to make your mind up. Did you ever see the first film?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yes, the first film I absolutely love, but I've never seen the sequels. I'll watch a bit more but if it doesn't pick up then I highly doubt I'll get to the end of it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Yes, the first film I absolutely love, but I've never seen the sequels. I'll watch a bit more but if it doesn't pick up then I highly doubt I'll get to the end of it.

Hah! You won't get to the new year at this rate mate, just wait till Erik reads this. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I was just thinking the same. shame