• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2009
    Stavroula wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Stavroula wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    Stavroula wrote
    And on a final note: boys behave or I will have to grab a withsplash!

Ooooooh booooooy, Stavroula with a whip. Me first. biggrin

lol

Think again!!! tongue

I wanna know what a withsplash is??? confused dizzy

A pun with the word whiplash Tim! Think of it! wink

Oh, I figured that straight away, I wondered if it involved whips & water and errrrr I'll stop right there!!!!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    shocked .

What did you have in mind?? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I agree Stavi would be the perfect mod: evidently she teases everyone into submission (with or without the threat of judiciously applied violence)..
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    shocked .

What did you have in mind?? wink

That way lies the path to extinction young friend.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2009 edited
    Man this is tiring... sleep

Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Typically, when asked what started this all he points out Sunil´s remark about Erik being only here to object. The truth is, it started with Erik´s remark that he objects the suggested topic. It was his comment that was uncalled for, that was unsensitive and that opened this.

Next time I will put a big fat wink beside all posts that are meant to be in light just for you, Ralph, because everyone else seemed to understand that what I wrote was just in good fun.

Ralph Kruhm wrote
    When I read his "I object" remark, I immediately thought, "Yeah, as usual, thanks for the input." What, for God’s sake, Erik, is so wrong about a topic that someone suggests that you have to object, without ANY hint on why, any explanation what’s wrong about it? You said you we´re joking, but how are we supposed to know that, since I remember fondly your objection against other topics you deemed unworthy or unneccessary, and that wasn’t a joke, so you have to excuse the misunderstanding, if there ever was one.

As you just pointed out, Ralph, if I have an issue with something I will clearly explain why... as I have in other threads on this board.

Ralph Kruhm wrote
    What I wanted to say, is, I said nothing when you came up with that remark, because I knew what would happen. Sunil, on the other hand, was stupid enough to react (beside the fact that he hit my thoughts exactly). What makes it right to object someone´s wishes for a topic? What makes you think that would be funny? What right do you have to constantly lessen other people´s enjoyment of something?

Talk about blowing something completely out of proportion.

Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Yeah, you contribute to this board, and a lot. You never seem to care about the fact that I regularly thanked you for this or that thing you did or wrote, because I really appreciated your effort, maybe because you don’t want MY thanks, or think I’m not meaning it, but that’s not true. I see your level of contribution here, and it’s worth a lot.

Why thank you. Honestly, thanks but is it POSSIBLE that I might have missed some of your posts because there are hundreds upon hundreds of pages of posts and threads here and that I just don't read EVERYTHING that EVERYONE has ever written here. I'm sorry that I missed some of the nice things you have said about me... but unless I actually read it how am I suppose to know it's there?

Ralph Kruhm wrote
    But I’m shocked to see that now we’re actually comparing the usefulness of board members. Yeah, of course Sunil is a strange person. And sometimes, his behavior unsettles the mind. But if there’s one thing I can be sure of, the moment I see Sunil acting strange, all I have to do is wait for Erik to comment.

Fun isn't it... the anticipation... The thrill of the hunt! wink <-- That wink is just for you, Ralph.

Ralph Kruhm wrote
    You’re not a moderator, Erik. What makes you think it’s your task to keep an eye on the guy? To constantly point out when he writes bullshit? We don’t need you for that, we’re old enough to ignore him if he does it all by ourselves. Yes, you are absolutely and without any doubt intolerant towards the guy.

How many other people around here were aware of his actions at other message boards? Anyone? I've been a proud member of this board and the scorereviews board since 2001 and I just don't want to see this place infested with people like Sunil who has been banned from other boards for inappropriate behavior. I think I have every right to point this out to not just to the mods but to everyone else around here to stay clear of repeat offenders. Sunil was a cancer.

Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Even IF Sunil is acting like a dick sometimes, it’s not your job to point it out. I had to learn that for myself when I tried to do something about your odd remarks. It wasn’t my job to attack you on your actions. It was the moderators´ (even if they didn’t). Today, I know that, but that doesn’t always keep me from saying something.

Sure it is... and I hope other people around here would point out things that bother them. We are a close knit family here and I think we all have some sort of say concerning the inner workings of the board and whatnot. Mods, please feel free to set me straight if I am wrong.

Ralph Kruhm wrote
    You want to apologize if I can prove that you insulted me. You see, that’s the point, you can insult people without meaning it. It’s still an insult. It doesn’t matter what you think makes an insult. If people are hurt by your remarks, it’s you who did it, and not them. It’s your constant excuse, to tell that we’re taking things personal, but constantly taking shots and sideremarks IS personal, whether you see it that way or not. We FEEL attacked, and that’s NOT our problem, because the attack is intentional and in full knowledge about the fact that you KNOW we react on your stuff. And you simply don’t care. Of course you have the right to say what you want. But a well-meaning individual would think again about continuing to hurt people just because he is allowed to.

Look, I'm truly sorry if I have offended you in any way but it always seems like you take things way too personally which includes ANYONE who might disagrees with something you might have to say.

Ralph Kruhm wrote
    But you are intolerant. You show the signs of a racist, not against a race, but against certain people. That doesn’t make it ANY better. And that’s why I’m so angry about Sunil being banned. He hit the mark. He just didn’t know how (or want) to express it correctly. So we’re banning him for his stupidity.

Man, you really have to get your facts straight. I don't like Sunil. Just Sunil. I have no issue with his race or personal beliefs. What I didn't like was his inappropriate behavior at Filmtracks (where he was banned as well - so Christian Clemmensen must also be a racist) and I didn't like that fact that he brought that same behavior over here. As I said earlier I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he might change his ways here but after being repeatedly told that his behavior was inappropriate... not just my me but by the mods... he finally went overboard (I saw this coming a mile away) and was finally banned from MT. Sunil is a boy who NEVER learns from his mistakes and constantly lies to everyone here when he supposedly apologizes for his actions and then just does that same inappropriate thing a week later. We don't need that around here.

In addition, and as pointed out by Maritjn, I've had bouts with other members. Not just Sunil but with Steven, lp, Tom, Timmer, Demetris (man we do get into some heated arguments), you, Jordi, etc. But I don't hate them OR YOU just because they might disagree with something that I have written or any of my opinions. At the end of the day, after we are all bloody from the multiple blows absorbed from battle, we all give each other a big hug and move on.

Ralph Kruhm wrote
    And this IS the last of it. I hope I managed to express myself in a way that helps to explain my point-of-view without agitating someone enough to re-respond.

You really thought I would just leave this alone... especially after you try to defend your racist remarks against me. Come on man...

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote
    At the end of the day, after we are all bloody from the multiple blows absorbed from battle, we all give each other a big hug and move on.

This (and Tom's like-minded comment earlier yesterday) is a PERFECT summation, as far as I'm concerned.
    beer
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I want a kiss on the cheek from Stavi, our peace goddess!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I remember my last disagreement with the board over "my" thread and how it was being unsticked from the front page. Of course I thought it unfair because I was told otherwise initially. Someone pointed out to me the following; Is it worth getting so upset? Don't these people have your site bookmarked anyway? After thinking it through I came to the conclusion it is no big deal after all and I was able to move on. In the case of this thread I hope that I will indeed prevail in my unofficial nickname. King of the thread killers.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I agree a bit with everyone in this thread. I feel sorry for the boy, he's way too thin-skinned and passionate to fuction normally on an online forum.

Kudos to Martijn for starting this thread and basically inviting criticism of his decision. It's a breath of fresh air, compared to the often seen dictatorial behaviour of mods on most other boards.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    sdtom wrote
    King of the thread killers.

Indeed, something to be proud of.

Peter wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Good point Peter about the invitation of criticism
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    plindboe wrote
    Kudos to Martijn for starting this thread and basically inviting criticism of his decision. It's a breath of fresh air, compared to the often seen dictatorial behaviour of mods on most other boards.

Indeed! Well said! beer

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    plindboe wrote
    I agree a bit with everyone in this thread. I feel sorry for the boy, he's way too thin-skinned and passionate to fuction normally on an online forum.

Peter smile

Here here! applause

I've rarely seen any heated discussion get uncivilised at this board and long may that continue beer
  1. Well, until yesterday that was very true... But then again it was't a heated discussion per se. It was cut short before it began. tongue
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    wavebeer wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Oh, I've seen many heated discussions here, as there should be. If not, I'll be sure to strike up the mood with some of my controversies! smile

Oh, and COMPLETE & CHRONOLOGICAL RELEASES SUCK!

wink beer
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Bregt wrote
    I want a kiss on the cheek from Stavi, our peace goddess!

Your wish is my command oh Mighty Administrator! kiss
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Oh, I've seen many heated discussions here, as there should be. If not, I'll be sure to strike up the mood with some of my controversies! smile

Oh, and COMPLETE & CHRONOLOGICAL RELEASES SUCK!

wink beer

Heated discussions? Good...gooooodddd!

Nasty insults? Bad...Baaaaaadddd!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote

What about heated insults? Nasty discussions?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Or discussion insults and heated nasties!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Depends on your definition Thor, I'm sure D and Martijn would regard a discussion by me on spiders as a 'nasty discussion' ( and some ) cheesy wink

And 'Nasty insults'? 'appens everyday yer big Norwegian girls blouse tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Gad and bood?

Peter shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Stavroula wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Bregt, i resign from Mod. Stavi does the work with much more positive results, much faster and with very, VERY little words in comparison.

I take it you are kidding! But again... stange mood for all of as since yesterday...nay! You can't be angry with me. You are kidding for sure,eh? confused

Of course i am kidding. I was glorifying your feminine powers wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Like I said, D. is always kidding, at least with a certain kind of people.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    Erik Woods wrote
    Man this is tiring... sleep
    Indeed it is.

Next time I will put a big fat wink beside all posts that are meant to be in light just for you, Ralph, because everyone else seemed to understand that what I wrote was just in good fun.
    Wow, that would great, thanks.

As you just pointed out, Ralph, if I have an issue with something I will clearly explain why... as I have in other threads on this board.
    So, let me say this again, just to be sure: If it´s a short rant, it´s a joke. If it´s a long rant, it´s not. I´ll try to keep that in mind.

Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Yeah, you contribute to this board, and a lot. You never seem to care about the fact that I regularly thanked you for this or that thing you did or wrote, because I really appreciated your effort, maybe because you don’t want MY thanks, or think I’m not meaning it, but that’s not true. I see your level of contribution here, and it’s worth a lot.
    Why thank you. Honestly, thanks but is it POSSIBLE that I might have missed some of your posts because there are hundreds upon hundreds of pages of posts and threads here and that I just don't read EVERYTHING that EVERYONE has ever written here. I'm sorry that I missed some of the nice things you have said about me... but unless I actually read it how am I suppose to know it's there?
    Well, if you need an example, you can look up those Batman Begins videos you did with different music. There you will find me thanking you for taking the time to do it. And remember our discussion about that Coruscant action sequence where you explained to me what´s great about it? I´m absolutely sure I thanked you for that, too. And those were the examples from occasions were I thanked you RIGHT THERE, not at some strange topic about german cookies or whatever.

Fun isn't it... the anticipation... The thrill of the hunt! wink <-- That wink is just for you, Ralph.
    Strange ... I think that one I might have gotten without any help. But thanks anyway.

Ralph Kruhm wrote
    You’re not a moderator, Erik.

How many other people around here were aware of his actions at other message boards? Anyone? I've been a proud member of this board and the scorereviews board since 2001 and I just don't want to see this place infested with people like Sunil who has been banned from other boards for inappropriate behavior. I think I have every right to point this out to not just to the mods but to everyone else around here to stay clear of repeat offenders. Sunil was a cancer.
    I remember lots of discussions were Sunil offered his opinion, and nothing strange happened, until you came in and HAD to point out how silly that comment was. Everyone else already knew it but didn´t care to mention it, because it was the NICE thing to do. Will you at least admit that you and Sunil was a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy to happen?

Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Even IF Sunil is acting like a dick sometimes, it’s not your job to point it out.

Sure it is... and I hope other people around here would point out things that bother them. We are a close knit family here and I think we all have some sort of say concerning the inner workings of the board and whatnot. Mods, please feel free to set me straight if I am wrong.
    It would be different if it wouldn´t be you ALL THE TIME. Let someone else have the fun to point out things from time to time, will you?

Look, I'm truly sorry if I have offended you in any way but it always seems like you take things way too personally which includes ANYONE who might disagrees with something you might have to say.
    Now this is total crap and you know it. I rarely have serious discussions with anyone around here, and if it´s not with you, it is with someone who is defending you. That doesn´t count seperately. I think. dizzy The point is, if you attack someone for what he writes, likes, or thinks, it is only a very thin line to getting personal. And the way you say things, you cross that line sometimes. Is that really so hard to see? But I will, of course, accept that you´re sorry, and maybe we can draw a line here, somehow.

Ralph Kruhm wrote
    But you are intolerant.
    Man, you really have to get your facts straight.
    Look, there are two sentences, one by you, one by a racist. Find the similarities and mark them red, then let us talk about this again. If you find none, let´s forget the whole topic, because we will not get anywhere. If this at least makes you think for a second, we may continue or not, as you wish:
    a) If you have difficulties understanding our sense of humour, you should better leave this board.
    b) If you have difficulties fitting in, you should better leave this country.

But I don't hate them OR YOU just because they might disagree with something that I have written or any of my opinions.
    But you really hate what is becoming of film music. And you let everyone feel it who doesn´t think the same way. You think that this is not personal, and that´s were I disagree. Yes, you don´t mean the person, but you mean what he thinks and likes. That comes too close to personal for my taste. But I said that before. Maybe we should just agree to disagree here.

Ralph Kruhm wrote
    And this IS the last of it. I hope I managed to express myself in a way that helps to explain my point-of-view without agitating someone enough to re-respond.

You really thought I would just leave this alone... especially after you try to defend your racist remarks against me. Come on man...
    Now that you mention it, no, I didn´t think for a second you would leave that alone. But there is me and wishful thinking, getting along just fine.

Erik, no, I don´t think you´re a racist, and no, I don´t think you hate people. But the way you react to some people is very extreme (as MANY people have pointed out during this discussion, so don´t blame that wisdom on me alone). You know that your way of dealing with things is ... stressful to some. So you can either accept that you will be called ... different things from different people over time, or you could try and be a more friendly jerk. No one - not even me - expects you to change your attitude, your point of view, your passion for what you believe is right. But if you would just try to be a bit less ... objective ... while people like me try to give you some space to express your feelings the way you do, I think we can come to a more friendly arrangement here. Not enough for a hug. But maybe for a hand shake, from time to time.
  3. Martijn wrote
    I'd have loved to know more about the book!

We used to have a book thread on SR. smile
    Now that we have a book writing member here, I think we should have one here too!

I would have said more about it earlier IF I would have had the feeling that it would be of interest to you guys. But whenever I look at the "Current Reading" topic, you guys either read something way different from the stuff I read (and write about) OR if it is about my kind of genre, there are usually a lot of negative comments. It´s not that I couldn´t live with that, it´s just that I don´t think this to be of interest to anyone around here, especially since I write in german language, and whilethe chance to get published is slim enough, the chance you guys will be able to read an english version some days depends on whether I´m extremely good AND very lucky, which is probably not the case.

But since we´re already on it, I write fantasy. This one is a mixture of "The Name of the Rose Reloaded", "Blind Faith Sucks", and "What the fuck was that?" To make things short, I write to entertain. My messages are honest, but simple. Maybe people learn from them, maybe not. But first of all, if people take my book, read it through in one night and feel all kind of things from tension to excitement to joy to sadness to fulfillment, and then order the next one, I´ll be all happy. I neither want nor expect the nobel prize for literature. I want people to have fun.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Wow, that would great, thanks.

Any time!

Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Well, if you need an example, you can look up those Batman Begins videos you did with different music. There you will find me thanking you for taking the time to do it. And remember our discussion about that Coruscant action sequence where you explained to me what´s great about it? I´m absolutely sure I thanked you for that, too. And those were the examples from occasions were I thanked you RIGHT THERE, not at some strange topic about german cookies or whatever.

So let me get THIS straight. If you thank me for something I should thank you right back. And just so that there is no disrespect you should then thank me for thank you for thanking me. And then I should thank you for thank me for thanking you for thanking me? dizzy

Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Will you at least admit that you and Sunil was a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy to happen?

Sunil wanted to go to war... look who lost.

Ralph Kruhm wrote
    The point is, if you attack someone for what he writes, likes, or thinks, it is only a very thin line to getting personal. And the way you say things, you cross that line sometimes. Is that really so hard to see? But I will, of course, accept that you´re sorry, and maybe we can draw a line here, somehow.

Well, here's the thing... and I think we have had this discussion before. If you put your opinions out there for other people to read be prepared for people to disagree with you. If I think back to our Dark Knight/ Batman Begins/Zimmer Sucks discussions you thought that my disagreement with your thinking was a personal attack. No, I was disagreeing with your opinion. I don't recall calling you names or calling you an idiot or what not. But you took it all very personally and took it as an attack against you. No, that's not what it is. This is a message board where we have discussions about film music and many, many times people will butt heads. Things will get heated but I'm not going to go so far as to call some one an asshole or a piece of shit or a racist just because I disagree with them... unless they really give me a good reason to do so.

Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Look, there are two sentences, one by you, one by a racist. Find the similarities and mark them red, then let us talk about this again. If you find none, let´s forget the whole topic, because we will not get anywhere. If this at least makes you think for a second, we may continue or not, as you wish:
    a) If you have difficulties understanding our sense of humour, you should better leave this board.
    b) If you have difficulties fitting in, you should better leave this country.

Argh! When I say things like "If you can't take the heat then get out of the kitchen" or "if you don't like what is being said then feel free to leave" it only means that if you truly don't like my opinion or what is being said around here then you are free to leave. Go. If you don't like what's being said. Go. Just like if you don't like what's being shown on TV turn the channel. No one is forcing you to stay. I respect other peoples opinions... and if we all shared the same opinion this place would be a very boring place to hang out. As for Sunil... he was irritating... he irritated a lot of people around here... and as I mentioned before his actions around here were inappropriate. Glad to see him go. I think what really pissed me off about the whole Sunil issue was that he had many opportunities to say sorry and set things straight but decided to just fluff it off.

Ralph Kruhm wrote
    But you really hate what is becoming of film music. And you let everyone feel it who doesn´t think the same way. You think that this is not personal, and that´s were I disagree. Yes, you don´t mean the person, but you mean what he thinks and likes. That comes too close to personal for my taste. But I said that before. Maybe we should just agree to disagree here.

I have every right to express my opinions but anytime I have anything negative to say about film music you jump down my throat and then start putting words into my mouth. I think you want us all to live in this perfect little world where everyone agrees with everyone and if we don't like something we keep our months shut. I'm totally not into that. You might think that I'm always negative but that's far from the truth.

Ralph Kruhm wrote
    But if you would just try to be a bit less ... objective ... while people like me try to give you some space to express your feelings the way you do, I think we can come to a more friendly arrangement here. Not enough for a hug. But maybe for a hand shake, from time to time.

I have no problem with this. I'll do my very best to be a better person but there are just somethings that aren't going to change.

-Erik-
  4. So let me get THIS straight. If you thank me for something I should thank you right back. And just so that there is no disrespect you should then thank me for thank you for thanking me. And then I should thank you for thank me for thanking you for thanking me? dizzy
    Someone said you contribute a lot of good stuff. I said that I acknowledged that and that I even thanked you for some stuff. You said you don´t remember me thanking you. I just told you where to find it. No need to thank me for thanking you. Just register that I am thankful to you sometimes.

Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Will you at least admit that you and Sunil was a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy to happen?
    Sunil wanted to go to war... look who lost.
    I take that as a yes.

I don't recall calling you names or calling you an idiot or what not.
    I think you did, once, but I did, too, and to be honest, sometimes, I prefer such an honest exchange of naming because it gets some steam off. I definitely prefer it above the belittleling you regularly use. AGAIN, it´s not that you disagree with people, it´s the way you let people feel that you consider yourself to be superior because your opinion is the right one. It´s THAT attitude that I feel to be much more personal than a simple "idiot" from time to time. I hope I made myself clear here.

When I say things like "If you can't take the heat then get out of the kitchen" it only means that if you truly don't like my opinion or what is being said around here then you are free to leave.
    Oh, I know that, I don´t mean those comments. I mean those where you openly told people to leave. Not as an option. But as an heartfelt order. I´m talking about those, not what you´re saying above.
    So, what about that?

As for Sunil... he was irritating...
    And that is ... wrong?

Listen, I will admit immediately that Sunil IS irritating. But beside that, I´ve never seen him becoming hostile unless he was attacked for having a strange opinion. That doesn´t mean he hasn´t, just that I didn ´t see it. So I guess I have to give you all the befit of the doubt that it was best to remove him. It just feels stale in my mouth.

I have every right to express my opinions but anytime I have anything negative to say about film music you jump down my throat
    If I would really do that this place would be a battlefield with nothing left but ashes. Try to take a step back and really think about when we had our last "escalated" discussion.

I think you want us all to live in this perfect little world where everyone agrees with everyone and if we don't like something we keep our months shut. I'm totally not into that. You might think that I'm always negative but that's far from the truth.
    Not always, but a lot. Look, I respect your opinion about filmmusic. I really, really do. I might differ, but I have no problem whatsoever about your opinion. I just don´t see the point in stating it again and again if there is nothing else to achieve but to annoy people who LIKE how things are. But we really shouldn´t do THAT argument again.

I'll do my very best to be a better person but there are just somethings that aren't going to change.
    I know, and okay then.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2009
    Martijn wrote
    Sunil is completely free to mail an unreserved apology and retraction and be happily reinstated. Obviously the latter option is preferable to me. smile

This has happened over the weekend, and Sunil's ban has now been lifted.
  5. Okay, good for him.